Reasons to support IPL teams

CoverDrive

I love IPL but I am not a fanatic supporter of any one team. I support a lot of the teams and the players. I love IPL for a variety of reason 1. Even though i am a test cricket fanatic I love the T20 format and the entertainement it offers 2. I love the innovation of Private leagues - It is really interesting to see how teams build their squad, develop strategies, etc. 3. Chance to see new talent in India- one of the biggest plus from IPL is the opportunity for wider audience to see the upcoming talents. 4. Intermingling of players from different countries - it is like seeing your dream team - Warne and Dravid playing together, Sachin and Malinga, Dilshan and Sehwag opening. 5. Finally after the emotional highs of supporting India I can finally watch cricket without the added tension it brings. Now to my topic - reasons why I support different teams (in order of support) RCB - my home team. Loved how they recoved from disastrous first season. The new squad also has a lot of freshness and promise. CSK- Dhoni/Raina. I also like the approach of the Franchise to build a consistent squad - that is the only way we will challenge other teams in the CLT20 MI - Sachin - it is beautiful to watch him bat especially when he does not carry the weight of millions on his back. I also like how they had picked up some really talented Indians like Rayudu and Tiwari (loved watching them perform with the best last year) again a strong franchise and I want to see them win the CL T20 also. DD- Were very professional first 3 years and of course had Sehwag/Gambhir. I still like them because they promote a lot of Indian fast bowlers (one big positive I am looking from IPL is identify pool of pacers for future like Yadav, Varun, etc.) KKR- I like thier new look and they seem to be very professional in thier approach now. Also woudl like to see how Gambhir shapes up as the new leader. RR- Again a team that pushes young indian talent to the fore front. also loved how they always perform above thier weight. Looking forward to Rahane doing well with them this year. DC- team I have supported the least in the past because they always seem to be over reliant of foreign players. I am supporting them this year just for the fun of watching Ojha and Mishra bowl together So what are your reasons to support different teams?

I just like watching cricket. No international cricket at the moment so IPL it is. I like the way SRT plays t20. No slogs...looks classy even in this format...very serene and pleasing on the eye as always. Last tournament and the 2009 one...loved the way Murali Karthik bowled...such a thinking bowler...batsmen found it very hard to score boundaries against him. This is what I like to see.