Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

KT i dont know about serious book reading bu i read on ipad atleast 3 to 4 hours on weekends with around 25% brightness setting. I didnt bought iT as fashion accessory using my hard earned money. It have its own advantages. Easir to use technical books with lot of colored pics. as i mentioned in earlir post size of kindle doesnt give much interest. We cant compare ipad and kindle both are different. Forgot to mention i dont own a laptop or even desktop .. :)

KT i dont know about serious book reading bu i read on ipad atleast 3 to 4 hours on weekends with around 25% brightness setting. I didnt bought iT as fashion accessory using my hard earned money. It have its own advantages. Easir to use technical books with lot of colored pics. as i mentioned in earlir post size of kindle doesnt give much interest. We cant compare ipad and kindle both are different.
Agree different, like comparing apples and oranges. But then why mention I pad when Kindle is for sepecifically for book readers:--D Whats the point in in an I Pad? Why not just use a good laptop? I pad seems like a fashion accessory to me

For any creator of content - writing emails, blogs etc - the Ipad is a useless accessory. It fulfils no specific usecase that a netbook cannot. For a consumer of content - watching movies, reading, seeing documents - the IPad is useful since its far easier to handle than a netbook.

I am a happy consumer .
Do you use the I Pad at home or while commuting? As research shows mostly people use it at home and not while on move , as too big and theft worries. Begs the question if used at home whats the point? As a quality laptop will be far better then I pad and could do everything I pad could, apart from take pictures but would look like real donkey taking pics with I pad

I've downloaded tons of ebooks from various sources over the last 5-6 years. Here are some of the best links to get ebooks: For free autobiographies/biographies check http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks ...........its got an outstanding collection of books, particularly biographies and I've downloaded 100s of biographies from here. For many, many other free books of various genres check http://www.masalaboard.com/showthread.php/208649-E-BOOKS-Download-1000s-of-FREE-books!?highlight=books and http://www.masalaboard.com/showthread.php/428259-Cognizant%E2%80%99s-Legacy-Fiction-ebook-collections.?p=14439504 - ...........If you have the time/patience to search for the books you want, you can get almost any book from these 2 sources. For academic books check www.studytemple.com - huge repository of books in various subjects for various competitive exams and college etc. If you want hindi books check www.ApniHindi.com - they've got a very nice collection of books from some of the most prominent hindi authors/poets. For converting books to different formats go to http://calibre-ebook.com/ and download the calibre software - you can convert books across all formats using this.

KT, I have an iPad 2 and i use it all the time. The web browsing experience is much better on the ipad than a laptop or even a desktop. As for going thru office work, the ipad is on par in terms of presentations, better in terms of word and excel. But if you want to MAKE documents, then desktop/laptop is better. Entertainment wise also the ipad wins hands down. In terms of usage, I use the iPad all the time when I'm at home. It's lying on the table, and everytime I'm bored or want to check something or wanna browse I just pick it up and its instant on. Compare that to going to your room and booting your computer, or getting your laptop out. It's just that much more comfortable. But using the ipad while travelling is the biggest use. It takes me an hr to go to work from home and an hr to get back. The iPad is VERY useful for those 2 hours. I can actually be productive, rather than turning my ipod on/going to sleep. Add to that, 3g is really cheap now in India. I get 6GB of bandwidth for ~8 quid. And blazingly fast too. It's a fantastic combination. Now imagine getting your laptop out while moving. It'll be a pain, even if you have a netbook. Add to that.. your hard disk will crash real soon.

Kindle claims the battery lasts for 1 whole month after every single charge!!
That is true. Even' date=' If you keep the Wifi on, it will comes for 3 weeks.[/quote'] I've heard that it actually does not use any battery while you are reading. The battery is used only when you turn the pages or browse the menu and therefore the battery lasts much longer.

KT, I have an iPad 2 and i use it all the time. The web browsing experience is much better on the ipad than a laptop or even a desktop. As for going thru office work, the ipad is on par in terms of presentations, better in terms of word and excel. But if you want to MAKE documents, then desktop/laptop is better. Entertainment wise also the ipad wins hands down. In terms of usage, I use the iPad all the time when I'm at home. It's lying on the table, and everytime I'm bored or want to check something or wanna browse I just pick it up and its instant on. Compare that to going to your room and booting your computer, or getting your laptop out. It's just that much more comfortable. But using the ipad while travelling is the biggest use. It takes me an hr to go to work from home and an hr to get back. The iPad is VERY useful for those 2 hours. I can actually be productive, rather than turning my ipod on/going to sleep. Add to that, 3g is really cheap now in India. I get 6GB of bandwidth for ~8 quid. And blazingly fast too. It's a fantastic combination. Now imagine getting your laptop out while moving. It'll be a pain, even if you have a netbook. Add to that.. your hard disk will crash real soon.
Interesting. But I remain unconviced. As to me laptop can still do everyting i Pad can and is just as mobile. Like at home Laptop is there just like i pad to grab and use easily, also have heard typing in to i pad is not good like the feel of keyboard on laptop and is not nice or quick to use like actual keyboard. When commuting still have to get i pad out to use like a computer, so dont see difference. i pad is a muggers dream!

Interesting. But I remain unconviced. As to me laptop can still do everyting i Pad can and is just as mobile. Like at home Laptop is there just like i pad to grab and use easily' date=' also have heard typing in to i pad is not good like the feel of keyboard on laptop and is not nice or quick to use like actual keyboard. When commuting still have to get i pad out to use like a computer, so dont see difference. i pad is a muggers dream![/quote'] Agreed completely. I actually see no use for an iPad as it replaces no gadget - it does not replace the computer/laptop, does not replace the phone, does not replace the music player/iPod so as an idea for a gadget I don't exactly like the concept of tablets.

Agreed completely. I actually see no use for an iPad as it replaces no gadget - it does not replace the computer/laptop, does not replace the phone, does not replace the music player/iPod so as an idea for a gadget I don't exactly like the concept of tablets.
To me it seems like a fashion accessory. A male handbag!:--D