The IPL 4 : Numbers

Zap_Brannigan

Number of Sponsors for IPL 4- 11 Number of Sponsors for IPL 3 - 9 Number of Sponsors for World cup 2011 - 10 Number of Sponsors for RR in IPL 4- 16 Number of Sponsors for RR in IPL 3- 10 All ad spots sold out! Avg. 10 sec. ad spot in IPL 4- Rs 6.5 lakhs Avg. 10 sec. ad spot in WC 2011 in league games - Rs 7 lakhs All i can say is holshit. I think its safe to say that, In a couple of years, IPL will be bigger than the cricket World cup. (In money matters, not respect or prestige)

Doubt it. This season is crucial for the future of IPL. With Modi gone, the need to constantly inject hype into this tournament is crucial for it to succeed. Already just by watching the games, there seems lack of intensity or buzz in the atmosphere at these games. Wit these new teams formed, the rhythm has been disturbed and it has be fixed asap before viewing numbers start falling off. Interesting times ahead for IPL and see the BCCI babus handle it.

Doubt it. This season is crucial for the future of IPL. With Modi gone, the need to constantly inject hype into this tournament is crucial for it to succeed. Already just by watching the games, there seems lack of intensity or buzz in the atmosphere at these games. Wit these new teams formed, the rhythm has been disturbed and it has be fixed asap before viewing numbers start falling off. Interesting times ahead for IPL and see the BCCI babus handle it.
All those numbers are due to the success of IPL 3. So yeah, change of guard this time will be tested. IPL is a long tournament, much like the WC. Its made longer this year. Since each team plays 14 games in the league, there is bound to be lethargy in the viewer till the later stages. Although i can sense a lessening of hype and a lesser enthusiasm from the crowds this time(it may have something to do with the lack of music and games in the grounds), It's too early to judge the whole tournament. Even if IPL 4 doesnt really reach the heights of previous IPL, mainly due to cricket exhaustion, IPL as a whole seems to be rising exponentially. This has to do with consistency of the viewers. Advertisers know that all games are watched by a lot of people and not just India games as in the WC.

All those numbers are due to the success of IPL 3. So yeah, change of guard this time will be tested. IPL is a long tournament, much like the WC. Its made longer this year. Since each team plays 14 games in the league, there is bound to be lethargy in the viewer till the later stages. Although i can sense a lessening of hype and a lesser enthusiasm from the crowds this time(it may have something to do with the lack of music and games in the grounds), It's too early to judge the whole tournament. Even if IPL 4 doesnt really reach the heights of previous IPL, mainly due to cricket exhaustion, IPL as a whole seems to be rising exponentially. This has to do with consistency of the viewers. Advertisers know that all games are watched by a lot of people and not just India games as in the WC.
People need to take this is in as a long term thing. Success will come if your patient and willing to wait. Thats what Mumbai did and now are reaping the rewards. They took into account of their fans and their loyalty and retained Tendulkar, Malinga etc. as a reflection of Mumbai Indians stands for. I sense that lot of teams are trying to achieve 'instant' success and most of them are bound to fail. In regards to profits from tv rights etc. You have to first build a loyal fanbase that will fill the stadium seats every game win or lose. A culture or tradition needs to established. Otherwise its just blind greed as everyone will chase the money and only few will survive.