IPL - open trials ?

hari504504

Too old for that now but would have definitely gone there in my teenage days... I mean you never know if you get lucky and someone takes a liking to you. I can see some reality TV programmes launching soon where the winner would be picked in a IPL franchise squad. Dallas Cowboys did the same think in US in NFL and they picked a Wide Receiver after the guy won a reality TV contest, though he didn't really get a game.

Too old for that now but would have definitely gone there in my teenage days... I mean you never know if you get lucky and someone takes a liking to you. I can see some reality TV programmes launching soon where the winner would be picked in a IPL franchise squad. Dallas Cowboys did the same think in US in NFL and they picked a Wide Receiver after the guy won a reality TV contest, though he didn't really get a game.
Holw old is really too old ? .. <35 is fine I think. Would the clubs want to cash in on some popularity money by giving one from the 'masses' a shot at cricketing fame provided he is good enough - ?

I know many teams did hold open trials in 2009 and 2010. No idea about this year though. The sad thing about the cricketing system here is that knowing about when and where trials are taking place - whether it's for a club team, Ranji team, or IPL team - is a challenge in itself. It's usually announced in a haphazard manner and no one uses the internet to inform people. You really need contacts to know about them well in advance :/

can't they televise it - can't blv ppl have failed to see the amount of money there is in this sort of thing - when ridiculous shows like 'Big Boss' are topping ratings !
If I owned a TV channel I would quickly strike a partnership with one of the franchises (Mumbai Indians or SuperKings) and come out with a series like "Hard Knocks" which covers open trials for the team along with prepartaion for the IPL season and will also have a mini reality series whose winner will be selected in the franchise. Will be a win-win for both the franchise in terms of more popularity and a hit show for TV channel considering that India doesn't have anything similar to offer right now.