Should gurus and babas lead political campaigns?

1983-2011

Baba Ramdev movement is actually older than Anna Hazaae movement. Baba Ramdev first started talking about corruption and black money then others took part in it including Civil Society. Civil Society people are not dhoodh ke dhoole as congress have shown their corrupt doings already. We need to support the cause whoever raise it..not a particular person or group....
Ramdev was not even born when Hazare was in active Satyagrah for movements like this. Ramdev is a Joker..He is actually causing a distraction and giving ammunition to Govt and politicians to discredit genuine movements like the one by Anna Hazare. Ramdev is forced to fasting and is now begging to the Govt. to make a deal so that he can eat something. He might have broken his fast till now..

Baba Ramdev on Wednesday again took up the issue of police crackdown on his supporters, saying he would set up a 11,000-strong force to deal with police and anti-social elements attempting to disrupt his anti-corruption movement. "I appeal that 20 young men from every district should come here. We will train them in both shaashstra (vedas) and shastra (weapons)," Ramdev, who is continuing his movement against corruption, told his followers. The yoga guru said, "We will prepare 11,000 men and women so that next time we do not lose any battle at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi". Image: Baba Ramdev
WTF.. http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/slide-show-1-baba-to-build-11000-strong-army-for-self-defence/20110608.htm This *****h**le stole my stupid idea :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::cantstop::cantstop:

You have no sense of what you are talking about: 1. Independence movement was against a foreign occupational power and your man was doing fasting whereas your other hero Bhagat Singh picked up the gun. Now honestly tell me in your mind whom did you support? 2. Fight against apartheid - What fight? louda. The whites gave up when they wanted to over a 100 years later. This is BS. 3. Civil rights movement - this is the only one I am willing to agree, it brought equality to a group of people. HOWEVER, they had a clear single point agenda i.e. end to racial seggregation. In the case of all your babas and baburaos they have no such clear agenda. "End to corruption" as a catch phrase doesn't mean anything. You don't understand what I am saying and are talking crap. Read yoda's post and he has clearly summed up my view.
I am afraid you have no idea. So if the Indiian people had kept totally quiet and only wrote letters ( are we allowed to write letters? or is that seen as civil protest as well so useless? No petitions as well I expect?) We would have got independence in 40s??? BS, more like had to wait till 90s like Hong Kong. Seems you in 2011 want to totally dissmiss the independence movement of India on your keyboard in 2011, nice attempt to rewrite history. Again looks like Mandela and co did jack. Usless old bugger that he was. Again whites just gave it over when they felt like it. As whites are such nice people and thought hey ho we want to give blacks equality today. Pressure and protests by Mandela and co played no part in pushing the issue and raising pressure from within in SA and worldwide. Mandela and his civil protests meant nothing in creating the awareness and helping to push change. So now in 2011 gunner has dismmissed on his key baord Ghandhi and Mandela as uselss buggers who should have just stayed at home and let the powers in charge just get on with it. Bloody hell why did they waste their time, they led civil rights movements which did nothing. Seems gunner likes Martin Luther and civil rights movement as acknowledges that this people protest and civil rights movement worked. Strange as you have done a u turn, as in earlier post you said no civil rights movement in the history of humanity had ever achieved anything. But no you seem willing to endorse the one civil rights movement which gunner is willing to give his eteemed stamp of approval. As for ghandhi and mandela according to gunner they were useless attention *****s. I do not support Ramdev at all, as clearly out of depth(although do rate his yoga:--D). However everyone has the write to protest and frankly fully behind his cause on corruption and Hazare as well. In fact it is not their cause but the peoples cause. As I repeat corruption and lack of fair law and order is biggest reason stopping India becoming great and helping the masses in India progress. However, even if I did not support their cause, they do have the right to protest peacefully. This is not just any cause but a cause to stop the powerful India leaders(leaders I mean from to to village leaders) grabbing corruption money and abusing their power. These people in power do not want to change things, why do they not want to change? Cos they are the ones in power making Vast and I mean vast monies. Yet you want to leave it to these great elected officials to change things and stop their own income. You are naive if you thing they will. Thus no option for people to protest and force the issue, as well as create awareness amongst the masess about this, eductate them that this is not on and to continue to fight for change. If there is no mass movement by the people to stop corruption, then nothing will change. Also many more civil right movements that have worked world over. Protests in UK in 80s against discrimination by police. This was also in riots as well as peaceful. Result was 1984 PACE act to curb police powers and make fairer. Also French revoultion, bit bloody but people got what they wanted:giggle: i.e no monarchy. I can give more and more examples, but hey according to you we should just sit on our hands at home and let the great leaders get on with it, as voicing complaints and protesting achieves nothing. As you are a mod am sure you would love the no complaint policy against leaders here as well!:--D

Guest Gunner
I am afraid you have no idea. So if the Indiian people had kept totally quiet and only wrote letters ( are we allowed to write letters? or is that seen as civil protest as well so useless? No petitions as well I expect?) We would have got independence in 40s??? BS, more like had to wait till 90s like Hong Kong. Seems you in 2011 want to totally dissmiss the independence movement of India on your keyboard in 2011, nice attempt to rewrite history. Again looks like Mandela and co did jack. Usless old bugger that he was. Again whites just gave it over when they felt like it. As whites are such nice people and thought hey ho we want to give blacks equality today. Pressure and protests by Mandela and co played no part in pushing the issue and raising pressure from within in SA and worldwide. Mandela and his civil protests meant nothing in creating the awareness and helping to push change. So now in 2011 gunner has dismmissed on his key baord Ghandhi and Mandela as uselss buggers who should have just stayed at home and let the powers in charge just get on with it. Bloody hell why did they waste their time, they led civil rights movements which did nothing. Seems gunner likes Martin Luther and civil rights movement as acknowledges that this people protest and civil rights movement worked. Strange as you have done a u turn, as in earlier post you said no civil rights movement in the history of humanity had ever achieved anything. But no you seem willing to endorse the one civil rights movement which gunner is willing to give his eteemed stamp of approval. As for ghandhi and mandela according to gunner they were useless attention *****s. I do not support Ramdev at all, as clearly out of depth(although do rate his yoga:--D). However everyone has the write to protest and frankly fully behind his cause on corruption and Hazare as well. In fact it is not their cause but the peoples cause. As I repeat corruption and lack of fair law and order is biggest reason stopping India becoming great and helping the masses in India progress. However, even if I did not support their cause, they do have the right to protest peacefully. This is not just any cause but a cause to stop the powerful India leaders(leaders I mean from to to village leaders) grabbing corruption money and abusing their power. These people in power do not want to change things, why do they not want to change? Cos they are the ones in power making Vast and I mean vast monies. Yet you want to leave it to these great elected officials to change things and stop their own income. You are naive if you thing they will. Thus no option for people to protest and force the issue, as well as create awareness amongst the masess about this, eductate them that this is not on and to continue to fight for change. If there is no mass movement by the people to stop corruption, then nothing will change. Also many more civil right movements that have worked world over. Protests in UK in 80s against discrimination by police. This was also in riots as well as peaceful. Result was 1984 PACE act to curb police powers and make fairer. Also French revoultion, bit bloody but people got what they wanted:giggle: i.e no monarchy. I can give more and more examples, but hey according to you we should just sit on our hands at home and let the great leaders get on with it, as voicing complaints and protesting achieves nothing. As you are a mod am sure you would love the no complaint policy against leaders here as well!:--D
Mate, this is a long meaningless rant as you have totally not understood my point of view. No one has said on this thread (including me) that people don't have a right to protest for their rights. What I said was something else which you are not able to comprehend. I mean I could respond to each of the stupid things you have said but it will be an unbelievable waste of my time as clearly you are out of your depth in this discussion. So go on having a lovely wa. nk over your "civil rights" movement. :haha::haha:

:blink::blink:

The Bill drafting panel is DRAFTING the bill and not finalising the bill. The panel has experts, eminent people and politicians (although it would've been better to have few opposition politicians too in the panel) DRAFTING the bill which will be put forward by the GOVERNMENT in the PARLIAMENT for amendments/approval/ratification. The Civil societly members or any civilians WILL NOT have any say on the clearance of the bill in the PARLIAMENT. No rest assured, no TOM, DICK & HARRY from the public is imposing the bill on anybody. If the Govenrment, politicians, MPs etc. don't want to clear it, they'll not clear it..

Guest Gunner
The Bill drafting panel is DRAFTING the bill and not finalising the bill. The panel has experts, eminent people and politicians (although it would've been better to have few opposition politicians too in the panel) DRAFTING the bill which will be put forward by the GOVERNMENT in the PARLIAMENT for amendments/approval/ratification. The Civil societly members or any civilians WILL NOT have any say on the clearance of the bill in the PARLIAMENT. No rest assured, no TOM, DICK & HARRY from the public is imposing the bill on anybody. If the Govenrment, politicians, MPs etc. don't want to clear it, they'll not clear it..
I am saying that they shouldn't be drafting the bill at all boss. That is the sole prerogative of the GOI. If they want to form a consultation committee and provide advise that is ok. If you are very concerned ask for a public referendum on the bill, that should make everyone happy.

I asked this before' date=' name a few successful revolutions. When I say successful I mean a great aftermath, a glorious post revolution history. Go ahead and name a few.[/quote'] Named a few. Clarified your denials that they succedded and contributed to great changes. Then after you are shown you are wrong, then say cant be bothered to answer blah blah. Me thinks you have found you are out of your depth sonny. You attemoted to rewrite history on your keyboard in 2011 and found out that actually you cant really do that:hysterical: Classic was your take on aparthied movement by mandela and co. In that you summed it up as just the whites decided to give it up when they wanted to. I mean seriously, dont you even feel remotley embarrased by such ridiclous sweeping statements

Rest assured if these TOM, DICK & HARRY (i.e. Anna Hazare & Co) do not agree about certain things or of their demands are not met, they'll keep stalling the process. This is not the way things should be done. Its the Govt's job to draft such bills and members of civil society cannot force it.

I am saying that they shouldn't be drafting the bill at all boss. That is the sole prerogative of the GOI. If they want to form a consultation committee and provide advise that is ok. If you are very concerned ask for a public referendum on the bill, that should make everyone happy.
The Govt. drafters are saying that the PM, MPs, Babus, Judges and many others should be kept out of the jurisdiction of Lokpal bill.. Do you agree with that line of action? How can we leave an important bill like this which could implicate MPs, ministers, politicians to be finalised by Govt? BTW the Bill should've been passed by Govts and politicians long back and they've done didly squat. So how many decades you want the public to wait? What you talking about man? You appear to be living far from Indian reality...

Gunner FYI..

Lokpal BillAfter 42 years, the Jan Lokpal Bill is still pending in India. The first Lokpal Bill was passed in the 4th Lok Sabha in 1969 but could not get through in Rajya Sabha, subsequently, Lokpal bills were introduced in 1971, 1977, 1985, 1989, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2005 and in 2008, yet they were never passed and it is pending.[1][2] The Lokpal Bill provides for filing complaints of corruption against the prime minister, other ministers, and MPs with the ombudsman. The Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC) while recommending the constitution of Lokpal was convinced that such an institution was justified not only for removing the sense of injustice from the minds of adversely affected citizens but also necessary to instill public confidence in the efficiency of administrative machinery. Following this, the Lokpal Bill was for the first time presented during the fourth Lok Sabha in 1968, and was passed there in 1969. However, while it was pending in the Rajya Sabha, the Lok Sabha was dissolved so the bill was not passed at that time. The bill was revived in 1971, 1977, 1985, 1989, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2005 and most recently in 2008. Each time, after the bill was introduced to the house, it was referred to some committee for improvements - a joint committee of parliament, or a departmental standing committee of the Home Ministry - and before the government could take a final stand on the issue the house was dissolved. Several flaws have been cited in the recent draft of the Lokpal Bill.[3] Meanwhile the activists of India Against Corruption (IAC) have prepared a draft for the bill called Jan Lokpal Bill.[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokpal
Effing 42 years, Gunna.. Effing 42 years..Don't you think Govts and politicians have got enough chances? Or you reckon they should sit on it for another 100 years? This is the FIRST time some civil societly members have been ALLLOWED by the Govt. to atleast DRAFT a bill. There's no GUARANTEE that it will pass in the PARLIAMENT..

Rest assured if these TOM' date=' DICK & HARRY (i.e. Anna Hazare & Co) do not agree about certain things or of their demands are not met, they'll keep stalling the process. This is not the way things should be done. Its the Govt's job to draft such bills and members of civil society cannot force it.[/quote'] You guys dont seem to understand why the public are trying to push and frankly force the issue. I really dont think some of you guys even have an idea of the levels of corruption and how widespread it is. To long abroad me thinks. It is so complete and so instituniolised in all aspects of India. And the politicinas are only ones who can address and can start the change. But they do not and will do everything to stop it, from smoke screens, diversion tactics and stalling tactics. Now why do they not want to stop corruption? COS THEY ARE MAKING CRORES OF MONEY AND THEIR ALLIES ARE MAKING CRORES! Yet it seems naively some want to put the faith in the constitiutuional sysyetms to address it. The poiticians will never do anything to tackle it, call it a conflict interest if you will. As why would they stop the gravy train? Public pressure and civil rights are way to FORCE change. Leaving it to mechanisms of parliament and writing a letter aint gonna change jack. Some clearly spent to much in west and think india works along these lines:giggle:

Rest assured if these TOM' date=' DICK & HARRY (i.e. Anna Hazare & Co) do not agree about certain things or of their demands are not met, they'll keep stalling the process. This is not the way things should be done. Its the Govt's job to draft such bills and members of civil society cannot force it.[/quote'] Have you even seen how India parliament functioins? Seriously have you? Its a joke! And you want put faith in constitunial maechanisms!!!! All they will do is do tamasha for 10 years and do nothing while they have crores of corrupt money. Civil society can force it , as if it want the people want then the govts job is to listen to the public. To me its not even about forcing it, its about awakening the aam admi that corruption is wrong and needs to be changed and not just accepted with shrug of shoulders. If it serves as only educational for public and waking them up then it is doing more good then harm