Muhammad is the 2nd most popular boy name in the UK !

Predator_05

Guest dada_rocks

I hate cancer too does it mean I wish upon myself this disease..:giggle: Islam with all its usavoury ediucts, if becomes a bounded sect and stops legislating for the life of the non-muslim I wud hardly give a crap about it. After all When it comes to crap-spewing judaism is no less than islam but I don't care about them reason they might be full of $hit but keep their $hit amongst themselves.

Guest dada_rocks
Athiesm is the easiest philosphy in the world. You dont do anything and still get to pretend you are better than the rest. A religious person will atleast spend a few hours every week(if not every day) praying and trying to reach for his God. An athiest would not spend even an hour meditating trying to figure out if God exists or not. The worse thing is when Athiests try to prove Religion and cr@p. That itself wont be wrong if they have answers to the question - like how this world came into existence. However they clearly do not know but still chastise the religious ones. Me suppose I am partly agnostic partly athiest..and partly lazy too :haha:
You are doing just fine brother. There is nothing wrong in being lazy .Lazy people never scare you all the crap today spawns from folks who are highly motivated from jihadist to christian fundamentalists to neo-cons to communazis.... U name it; one thing they have in common is motivation.

Guest dada_rocks

people extend too much tolerance to the crazist of ideas as long as u serve it in religion wrappings. Had Hitlar wrapepd his nazi ideals in religious garb I am sure today there would have bene some swastik wearing folks defending his crap too and people wud have argued well other relgions too have been violent so why single out nazis. And craps like read it into context would have been thrown on anyone critical of nazi ideology.

Athiesm is the easiest philosphy in the world. You dont do anything and still get to pretend you are better than the rest.
A religious person will atleast spend a few hours every week(if not every day) praying and trying to reach for his God. An athiest would not spend even an hour meditating trying to figure out if God exists or not.
So someone prays to something that does not exist and somehow that makes them better? Sorry Lurker that is complete bull_shite :thumbs_down: Just because an atheist might not have full answer to our situation does not mean that you follow any cr@p and call it the answer! I get the feeling that you are neither agnostic nor atheist. :teeth_smile: Only you know what is in your heart. Pothi pad pad jag mua pandit bhaya na koi dahi akshar prem ka kahi so pandit hoi! (Something like that anyway)
Gator> it is a fad to call oneself an atheist nowadays....
O rly? Did not realize that I was making a fashion statement :hysterical: Stay in your Hindu bubble mate but don't come out with cr@p like what you just posted. Where the f@k is your god? Your geographical location/family background makes you follow Hinduism. Some ME guy for the same reason follows Islam etc etc. Even if there was a god for arguments sake then which is the real one? Too many to choose from right?:hysterical: Anyway why exactly do I need to pray and bow to a god even if he existed? The fear of burning in hell? Fear of coming back in some animals body? Grow up mate! You are just blinded because you were born in a Hindu family and as a result think that it is the right path. Your upbringing has pre-programmed you to be open to the religion of your family/society. It's a big leap jumping from saying that atheists don't have complete answers to believing completely outlandish stuff as some sort of fact!

So someone prays to something that does not exist and somehow that makes them better? Sorry Lurker that is complete bull_shite :thumbs_down: Just because an atheist might not have full answer to our situation does not mean that you follow any cr@p and call it the answer! I get the feeling that you are neither agnostic nor atheist. :teeth_smile: Only you know what is in your heart.
Well you can not judge if something "exists" or not, can you GKD? As an athiest you do not beleive in His existence. All powers to you. But as soon as you start saying He does not exist even that is a statement of intolerance is it not? Praying is not as simple an act as you suggest. The fact of the matter is that every religion, and I mean EVERY religion, tells its followers that when he/she prays his mind should be clean of every other thoughts or else his prayers won't be received. Can you imagine that if a person if able to do that only 10 times out of 100 he would have cleaned his mind of every cr@p and became as pure a person as he can be? How is that not a great thing? Now if as an athiest you were doing meditation every day and cleansing yourself thats another story but it is out of place to suggest what others are doing wrong when most of the athiests do not do anything in the first place! xxxx

I posted the whole docu few months ago but this 10 minute segment sums up faith PERFECTLY! Substitute Catholic with Hinduism, Islam etc etc. Exactly same cr@p. Sai baba magically producing gold necklaces, vibuthi...:hysterical: Dawkin's - "People like to say that faith and science can live together, side by side, but I don't think they can. They're deeply opposed. Science is a discipline of investigation and constructive doubt, questing with logic, evidence and reason to draw conclusions. Faith, by stark contrast, demands a positive suspension of critical faculties...Religion is about turning untested belief into unshakable truth through the power of institutions and the passage of time." fiGVGmfNQdo

Praying is not as simple an act as you suggest. The fact of the matter is that every religion' date=' and I mean EVERY religion, tells its followers that when he/she prays his mind should be clean of every other [b']thoughts or else his prayers won't be received. Can you imagine that if a person if able to do that only 10 times out of 100 he would have cleaned his mind of every cr@p and became as pure a person as he can be? How is that not a great thing?
How the f@k does that make you pure? You don't need to meditate to have a clean mind! What is a clean mind anyway? So I fail to see how there is anything great about it.
Now if as an athiest you were doing meditation every day and cleansing yourself thats another story but it is out of place to suggest what others are doing wrong when most of the athiests do not do anything in the first place! xxxx
I did not realize that just the act of doing something makes it true or right automatically? :omg_smile: People can meditate and do whatever the f@k they like. I am not stopping them! I am just debating my point of view online (FAD driven as Gator calls it) :hysterical: :tounge_smile::thumbs_up:

How the f@k does that make you pure? You don't need to meditate to have a clean mind! What is a clean mind anyway? So I fail to see how there is anything great about it.
You obviously have no idea about what meditation is.
I did not realize that just the act of doing something makes it true or right automatically? :omg_smile: People can meditate and do whatever the f@k they like. I am not stopping them! I am just debating my point of view online (FAD driven as Gator calls it) :hysterical: :tounge_smile::thumbs_up:
And saying f@ck 2000 times doesnt make you look any more smart :tounge_smile: You are obviously another kind of fanatic, the kind that thinks athiesm is best because religion is cr@p. Thus far I havent seen you give one point why athiesm is good, or gives all answers, except that you throw mud on other religion.. Fanatic :giggle::giggle:

"People like to say that faith and science can live together, side by side, but I don't think they can. They're deeply opposed. Science is a discipline of investigation and constructive doubt, questing with logic, evidence and reason to draw conclusions. Faith, by stark contrast, demands a positive suspension of critical faculties...Religion is about turning untested belief into unshakable truth through the power of institutions and the passage of time."
If that statement - Faith & science can not co-exist - is indeed true(in my opinion NOT) then Science has to be the most thankless/unfaithful kid that was ever born(to faith as parents). It is a fashion these days to call yourself as "Science oriented". That part itself should not have been bad if these "pretenders" bothered to so much as read the books and find out where did Science come from? Did Science arrive out of thin air one fine morning in 1900? NO. The Anicent Indian Science was developed on the back of Hinduism and Buddhism. While all Indians rejoice in claiming ZERO as a great science invention where did that come from? It came from Sunyata - the Buddhist concept of being devoid of everything. When Carl Sagan, the noted Scientist, read ancient Hindu scriptures he was mesmerised by how correct it was. The age of the earth was caculated in terms of the life of Brahma, each Brahma day and night being a kalpa. Sagan came to conclusion that even with ancient tools Hindus calculated roughly the age of earth correctly when Western "scientists" failed to do so after tens of 1000 of years. Islam invented algebra and other modes purely to divide property based on Sharia. Christian priests are some of the earliest and most prominent scientists. It is perhaps no different than cricket where modern "fans" are quick to dismiss old heroes simply because they lack the capability of trying to read books and finding out greatness of a Barnes, a Jessop. GKD a good suggested read for you is - The lost Discoveries by Dick Teresy. Dont argue here, just go buy it. You will thank me later. xxxx

O rly? Did not realize that I was making a fashion statement :hysterical:
u prolly are not one of em... .so???
Stay in your Hindu bubble mate but don't come out with cr@p like what you just posted. Where the f@k is your god?
God is everywhere and in everything.... He is not just my God, he is everyone's....
Your geographical location/family background makes you follow Hinduism. Some ME guy for the same reason follows Islam etc etc. Even if there was a god for arguments sake then which is the real one? Too many to choose from right?:hysterical:
you are confusing God with Religion.... The God is the same...
Anyway why exactly do I need to pray and bow to a god even if he existed? The fear of burning in hell? Fear of coming back in some animals body?
Wat happens, if u dont take care of ur mom and dad when they become too old and too sick.... in my case, it is awe, respect, love and gratitude for every creation...
Grow up mate! You are just blinded because you were born in a Hindu family and as a result think that it is the right path. Your upbringing has pre-programmed you to be open to the religion of your family/society.
i have grown up... i was not religious or philosophical wen i was younger... nobody pressured me to go to a temple or pray.... infact, i hardly ever went to a temple once in a year or so.... now, i go once a week... on my own... i pray on my own... comes through introspection, analysis and exploring ur own mind.... tht is the key... u got to get out of ur lethargy and explore ur mind...
It's a big leap jumping from saying that atheists don't have complete answers to believing completely outlandish stuff as some sort of fact!
whther u accept it or not, u r mentally and spiritually lazy.... it is like some villagers saying, there is no such thing as gravity, cos they cant see it.... then, u tell em, gravity makes an apple fall.... then they retort, it happens on its own.... u can make countless lame arguments....

Islam invented algebra and other modes purely to divide property based on Sharia.
Not true actually. Indians knew Algebra by atleast 600 CE which is the time of a great Indian mathematician called Bhaskara who wrote a book on quartic equations. For those who don't know, quartic equations are one order up from cubic equations and have the general formula of : ax^4 + bx^3 + cx^2 + dx + c = 0 This is clearly demonstrating a decent understanding of Algebra. If we are to look at the pinnacle of Indian mathematical accomplishments ( done by the Kerala school, founded by one mathematician called Madhavan under Vijayanagara empire) then it'd no doubt be discovering the Fourier Series in Calculus by 1380 CE ( comparison with the west : Fourier series discovered in the west around 1810 CE by Joseph Fourier). To be honest, I am not sure what scientific/mathematical contributions the Arabs/muslim world has made. This is not intended to bash muslims- this is how i understand history. Mostly they've acted as a conduit of knowledge from east to west. Al-Jabr learnt Algebra from India, wrote a book after going back to Baghdad and this revolutionary math was promptly named after him as Aljabra. Europe translated Turkish texts and called it Algebra. Ibn-Sina mostly documented Ayurvedic and Chinese medical tradition in his Qanoon/Cannon of medicine. Most of the astronomy is either Indian in origin ( arab calendar = rough and worse copy of ancient Indian calendar, it is a fact accepted in the scholarly circles) or Iranian from the pre-Islamic days ( Sassanid and Parthian empire period primarily). Under Islam the progress of science just froze actually. This is because the Arab conquest-push happened at Blitzkreig speed : within a 100 years, they had conquered up to Southern Spain at one end to Indus river at the other. Since they were big-time into destroying kaffir Gods, they were also big time library-burners. Library burning = badness to development of science because back in the day, mass printing wasnt around - even a super-culture like India/China would have atmost 10 major libraries, not one in every city/town like today. Mighty Iran had two major seats of learning : Persegadae & Ecbatana after Alexander annihilated Persepolis. But when Sassanid empire fell to the Arabs, first thing Arabs did is levelled the universities and libraries of Persegadae & Ecbatana in one huge fire. They were ignorantly and foolishly burning libraries because back in the day, centers of education and centers of religion were often at one area of the city - non Abrahamic faiths have known how to balance faith and science with a scientific approach for thousands of years that Abrahamic faiths have no clue about. Thus where there were huge uiversities & libraries, there were also temples very close by. It is also noteworthy to mention ( am not being casteist, just making an observation) that most of the ancient scientists were from upper crust of the society- which in cultures from ancient Rome to China meant either the ruling warrior class or the priestly class. Aristotle, Plato, Archemedes, Euclid, Aryabhatta, Charaka, Brahmagupta, Cai Lun,Ge Hong,etc : if they wernt of the priestly class of their society, they were of the ruling class. So by mass slaughter of these warrior/priestly class along with mass burning of libraries/universities, christians and muslims caused the dark ages of their region. It wasnt until the rise of the Ottoman Turks that Muslim world got innovative again ( ironic, since Turks are and always have been muslims who dont care much about the Koran when it comes to food & sex). But under bad management, that too lasted less than 200 years.

Lurker you making silly arguments now. Just because something is created by Hindu or Buddhist civilization does not mean it has god/supernatural connection. That still does not make ZERO a gift from god! It's normal to build on past civilizations religious or non-religious. Dawkins is talking about religion now and the way it's being pimped as some sort of factual answer. In that video it's clear that faith did not heal anyone! I don't see how creation of zero somehow makes god real and religious claims as fact? :moon: If some parts of science evolved from religion then even more power to science. Science EVOLVED! :hysterical:

Gator' date=' i am still waiting for your rebuttal to my post where i show atheism = religion.[/quote'] What next from you CC? Buddha is having chai pani with you right now? :hysterical:

so' date=' u now wanna believe wat he says? do u worship him??[/quote'] Huh that was response to some poster who said that science should not count out the possibility of something 100% as that ain't very science like. That was in response to that. Wtf would I worship Dawkins? :hysterical::lightbulb: Don't call me mentally lazy. I have had long term relationships with plenty of religions before I rejected them . I have been part of the furniture at temples and even briefly at a madrassa. It took me a while but I saw in the end that they it was all sense less :devil_smile::lightbulb: