Muhammad is the 2nd most popular boy name in the UK !

Predator_05

Guest dada_rocks
Okay help me understand this. Had there been no Psunami where newborn kids died, you would have been in glow of God? My guess is NO. You would dig up something else and then try to prove your viewpoint. All these 200000 years old history is dug up for one reason only - to show the negatives and not give a damn about good things. Am I wrong? xxx
Bhaiya tsunami example that I have sene u being at pains in underrstanding any elusidation by example. My post didn't mean God had only two black spots tsunami and earthquake and as u urself have rightly figured out litany of his cruel-justice the kind which one's worst enemey won't wish on anyone is long. So just because there are good things in the world He is free to dole out any evil he wants .

"So you think God exclusively caters to humans ? What about the millions of chickens and beef that people consume every day. The thousands of germs that you kill every time you brush ? The loads of potatoes and onions that "die" after being uprooted for our benefit." That's the crux of Jainism.

Guest dada_rocks

Praying could be result of two things (1) Due to fear (lower form of prayer): Here God cud be all powerful but not all merciful and u are aware of thsi fact hence keep humouring him so that u are not the next. Given there are several religious doctrine advocating if u don't do such and such thing in such and such way u are doomed so who knows there is some God like that. (2) Due to love, respect ( higher form of prayer): This genre of prayer is for those who u know loves u and won't wish any kind of harm to you. Since there still is suffering in the world u can say God is not all powerful he too has to follows certain rules of nature and whatever happens happens due to ur own Karma and this benevolent character God is trying to help you out in the best he can but he too is helpless in some way. This concept of GOD sounds better than the former for sure. PS: Whether I am religious or not; well i do pray sometimes to the God concept (1) sometimes to the God concept 92). Basically as I have said in past when it comes to God concept I am confused and this confusison is not due to the lack of effort on my side in understanding him it's due to the mixed messages he keeps sending all around the world.

"So you think God exclusively caters to humans ? What about the millions of chickens and beef that people consume every day. The thousands of germs that you kill every time you brush ? The loads of potatoes and onions that "die" after being uprooted for our benefit." That's the crux of Jainism.
They prefer to walk barefooted too, never got that one

Jain monks walk barefoot and sweep the ground in front of them to avoid killing any insects Jainism is divided into two sects; the Digambaras (sky clad) and the Svetambaras (white clad). The Digambaras believe that Jains should be naked, or sky clad, to emulate Mahaviras way of life, that is, complete abandonment of material wealth and to exercise absolute non violence. However, but this dictum is sometimes carried to extreme limits by Digambaras, who are often seen with their nose and mouth covered by a fine cloth mask to ensure that they do not involuntarily kill germs while breathing. Jainism's stance on nonviolence goes much beyond vegetarianism. Jains refuse food obtained with unnecessary cruelty. Many are vegan due to the violence of modern dairy farms. The Jain diet excludes most root vegetables, as they believe this destroys entire plants unnecessarily. Garlic and onions are avoided as these are seen as creating passion, meaning anger, hatred, and jealousy. Devout Jains do not eat, drink, or travel after sunset (Chauvihar) or rise before sunrise.