Let's talk about the DRS

champ

Without screaming many of you do not seem to get the point. We had elite umpires in tests who were mostly on the button during the series and they didn't have any bias like Dharamsena can have. And in any way DHONI IS NOT ASKING FOR AN EXCUSE. It is the fans and media who are blaming the umpiring not the players.

So why should India take blame for poor umpiring decisions? Can you please elaborate since you are agreeing with Sanga's views.
Can you tell me one good reason why India should not take the blame for poor umpiring decisions against her, when India are the ones who have been vehemently opposed to it? We should atleast START accepting technology and introduce it in Tests. The day won't be far away when ICC passes the use of UDRS 9-1 and our seniors are left playing "respect respect" with the ICC, while the umpires continue to make rubbish decisions against us. When we have the power of choice, why not use it?
We had elite umpires in tests who were mostly on the button during the series and they didn't have any bias like Dharamsena can have.
Which is why I repeat- An umpire, making whatever decision, right or wrong, under any influence of bias or not, should not be allowed to dictate the proceedings of a game. And the way forward is UDRS. A start should be introducing it in the Tests at least. The point he trying to make is not that UDRS has not been trialled in the ODIs and hence India should sit in a corner and cry after getting pwned. The point is, his recent rant is not unfounded. I think the context of this comment from Kumar has been defeated as everyone chose to take it as face-value and say, "but ODIs have no UDRS", instead of looking at the bigger picture that yes, we have been mercilessly sinned. Lets atleast start somewhere.
Can you tell me one good reason why India should not take the blame for poor umpiring decisions against her, when India are the ones who have been vehemently opposed to it? We should atleast START accepting technology and introduce it in Tests. The day won't be far away when ICC passes the use of UDRS 9-1 and our seniors are left playing "respect respect" with the ICC, while the umpires continue to make rubbish decisions against us. When we have the power of choice, why not use it? Which is why I repeat- An umpire, making whatever decision, right or wrong, under any influence of bias or not, should not be allowed to dictate the proceedings of a game. And the way forward is UDRS. A start should be introducing it in the Tests at least. The point he trying to make is not that UDRS has not been trialled in the ODIs and hence India should sit in a corner and cry after getting pwned. The point is, his recent rant is not unfounded. I think the context of this comment from Kumar has been defeated as everyone chose to take it as face-value and say, "but ODIs have no UDRS", instead of looking at the bigger picture that yes, we have been mercilessly sinned. Lets atleast start somewhere.
We are talking about ODI's here. Nuff said.

^ Read the last para of my post again-

I think the context of this comment from Kumar has been defeated as everyone chose to take it as face-value and say, "but ODIs have no UDRS", instead of looking at the bigger picture that yes, we have been mercilessly sinned. Lets atleast start somewhere.
Also, does you post mean that ITS FINE if India takes the blame for poor umpiring decisions in Tests?
So there would have been an increase in the accuracy of the descisions by 25%. Thats a huge diff
Raina's decision................ Umpire declared it as out before bowler's appeal. It means Dharmasena prepared mentally about some decisions. That is not good for cricket. ICC should make some changes. There is one neutral umpire. and one local umpire. Instead of local umpire..........captains should select one umpire as second(local) umpire before series starts. UDRS won't make any difference in the matches when umpire does not belongs to one said. That will be time waste in ODIs. In test cricket UDRS should use.
So each descision matters only because of the match context and not for its own sake? Its ok no matter how big a howler an "umpire" makes as long as the match situation is inconsequitanal?
Ultimately the match context matters a lot, indeed. But ideally we would all love a no howlers situation. Just saying that in that context, even if UDRS were to have been there for ODIs, that was the only thing it would have helped in.
Ultimately the match context matters a lot, indeed. But ideally we would all love a no howlers situation. Just saying that in that context, even if UDRS were to have been there for ODIs, that was the only thing it would have helped in.
Amazing how you gloss over blatant umpiring errors because it did not affect the outcome. Thats like saying spot-fixing is fine as long as it didnt affect the outcome
How on earth were the caught behind marginal? they clearly didnt nick them. and how was UV's LBW marginal?
An Aussies batsman getting a thin edge is marginally not out. An Indian batsman not getting an edge is marginally out. Where have you been? Get on with the times. Originalprince is a just a troll. Dont feed him.

guyz are u out of mind ?? cant u see the shewage out was show in hawk eye...it would hit the stump clearlyy.....and raina :::::::: why dont u indians dont talk abt his cacth was taken on before that over.........and the yuwaraj wicket is came in the end of the macth ...it will affect 10 or 20 more runs...kartic one i agree that is not out and didnt u see the way sri lankans battin 103 in15.1 overs ..if ur indian team has scored 250 it was easyly passed by sri lanka ...so piss off

Amazing how you gloss over blatant umpiring errors because it did not affect the outcome. Thats like saying spot-fixing is fine as long as it didnt affect the outcome
You misunderstand. I never have and never will gloss over umpiring errors. Just saying that Yuvraj's decision would have come too late. Who knows - I could be wrong. He might have hit a double century for all you know. But cricket is a game of percentage by and large and probability for that would be very low - I think you would agree. In fact if you noted my posts in this regard, I have been very critical of Dharmasena. He has never struck me as an international quality umpire. Another former player who I thought really did not have it in him to be a top class umpire was Venkataraghavan.
You misunderstand. I never have and never will gloss over umpiring errors. Just saying that Yuvraj's decision would have come too late. Who knows - I could be wrong. He might have hit a double century for all you know. But cricket is a game of percentage by and large and probability for that would be very low - I think you would agree. In fact if you noted my posts in this regard, I have been very critical of Dharmasena. He has never struck me as an international quality umpire. Another former player who I thought really did not have it in him to be a top class umpire was Venkataraghavan.
And you're convinced that Sehwag was out?

Hi...I am new here....And I am from Sri Lanka.... I read some of your posts and found it amusing how you blame on Sri Lankans... There were only 4 wrong decisions in the entire match. 3 went against India and 1 against Sri Lanka. And 2 made by umpire Dharmasena and 2 by Asad Rauf. 1. Diinesh Karthik was given out by Dharmasena against India. 2. Suresh Raina was given not out by Rauf against Sri Lanka. 3. Suresh Raina was given out by Dharmasena against India. 4. Yuvraj was given out by Rauf against India. Sehwag was clearly OUT. No complains...! That was a great decision. And Dharmasena took a lot of time to rule that out. Why didn't he just raise the finger straight away if he had prepared his mind? And that was against your best batsman too.... So please stop joking.... So overall both umpires made mistakes against both the teams. But you guys are complaining only about Dharmasena. And no one seems to remember that Raina was once given not out. So where was that spirit of the game when he just stood out there instead of clearly walking back??? He denied a wicket to Mathews, didn't he? And why do you spread hate so much on Sanga...??? Is it because he is a smarter captain than yours? Just be fair guys....Don't spread hate so much.... And talk to the points....Don't try to avoid the facts that are against you... PEACE...!!!

guyz are u out of mind ?? cant u see the shewage out was show in hawk eye...it would hit the stump clearlyy.....and raina :::::::: why dont u indians dont talk abt his cacth was taken on before that over.........and the yuwaraj wicket is came in the end of the macth ...it will affect 10 or 20 more runs...kartic one i agree that is not out and didnt u see the way sri lankans battin 103 in15.1 overs ..if ur indian team has scored 250 it was easyly passed by sri lanka ...so piss off
This folks is why we shouldn't have slept in our High School English class. "if ur indian team has scored 250 it was easyly passed by sri lanka ...so piss off" Piss off indeed