India biggest job-spinner among BRIC nations?

gorah_pindu

Guest dada_rocks
Ofcourse' date=' there has been growth in the villages but certainly not in proportion to urban growth. If that was the case we wouldn't have had one third of central India ruled by Naxalites today.[/quote'] Gap betwen urban-growth and rural-growth if at all has fanned naxalism then naxalites should be operating in urban areas but that's not the truth. they operate in rual areas. presence of absence of naxalism is not the funtion of equitable growth in my opinion. In fact sometimes growth/developmetn fans naxalism because those who till yestradat didn't know their rights today may have got the wind of it. Moreover in case of India naxalism's rise has coincinced with regional parties rise too and something tells me political patronage is at the root of it all. There is no conceerted effort to curb this menace mixed signal get disseminated. Latest example is Chhastisgarh. one day govt establsihesa a task force against naxalites called salva jududm next day from central govt there comes pontification denigrading this task forum and nearly eulogising maoist. Then there is case of India losing its poreence in nepoal and communist reasing there head and thereby provinding safe conduit for arms and ammunitoons for the maoist in India. Trust me there is development nobody expects labourers to take the left-over with a sense of gleee these days and I have seen it how they used to be more than happy to receive those food items just 15 years back. Labourers roaming around with cell-phone in tow taking directives on which field next day they are supposed to come does scream development. Today there is land-produce pick-up points still in nascent stage though but wherever they are it has made life easier for those poor labourers or farmers. Let us face it sense of deprivation in a country with India's population share's dependence on agriculture and its cultivable land area is never going to disappear. nearly 1.2 billion people 70% dependent on agriculture meaning 840 million people rely on agriculture for bread an butter. Assuming average family size of five it leaves total 168 million families. Total cultivable/arabel land is around1.5 million sq km . So this leaves 9000 sq meter meaning 3.5 bigha i.e. 70 kattha land for each family. Let me tell you furether what that means in terms of produce.. Average production from a 125 sq-meter land (coloquially called kattha in bihar) assuming it doesn't get washed out by flood is 40 kg ( coloquial term one "man"). Kath-man is the popular phrase meaning one man every kattha. So even if by some miracel an average farmer puts let us say pady crop in all his land holding it means he will end up producing 2800 kg meaning 28 quintal. Average paddy price in the market is 1000 rs a qunital so he ends up with 28 thousand rupee. let us say another miracle happens and in fllod prone area he manages two crops instead of usual one and ther eu have another 28000 Rs. So total 56000 he has if u take the cultivation cost whihc is seed/irrigation. Average every katha u will have to use two litre of diesel for irrigation and that is around 70 rs so put aside around 1400 rs just for diesel and if ur pumping set catchs some snag then god help u then there is seed cost. Keep aside 6000 rs for this. So five people with generous dose of miracles in place will have to make do with 50000 around 10000 rs per head. It's not even dollar a day. PS: Trust me in all the years of my experience in my village I have seldom seen two crops in one year in backwaters of north bihar. At least four round of flooding happens every year so seed cost u can mutilpy four times. So unless and until somehow population-gowth is arrested or number of poeple dependent on agriculture is reduced no egalitarianism is going to change anything.

Gap betwen urban-growth and rural-growth if at all has fanned naxalism then naxalites should be operating in urban areas but that's not the truth.
Total lack of understanding of the Naxal issue ! It is very simple why naxalism is found in rural areas: rural development (Social and economic) is much less than that of urban areas, meaning rural folks feel 'left out/left behind' and the frustration easily spills into the ' they are getting rich at our expense' ideology. This is the birth of naxalism in the mentality and why naxal recruitment grounds are the poorest regions of india- they dont want to 'kill/blow up' the well-to-do-cities or city folks. That wouldnt make sense because they are angry that they do not have 'city-like' amenities because of discrimination. Hence they want 'independence' or 'autonomy' from the city-based politicians to do what they want. Yet another topic where your conception is a big fat zero.

Guest dada_rocks
Yeah' date=' like your superb data analysis on the farmer suicides in Andhra. Very enlightening stuff.[/quote'] Yeah I am not ur steno pal.. put ur point first if u want debate evasion-galore doesn't work often.. I can still say death due to socio-ecominic status be it starvation malnutrtion or sucide or any other means was more in past than it's today.. Now if u can muster enough courage to put ur foot down say u don't accept this premise we can proceed and spare me those evasive tactis of urs not interested

Guest dada_rocks

Suicide has no relation with starvation why wud anyone who is at the verge of staravtion. Suicide happens when for numerous reason.. Anyway even if one buys ur arcane baseless theory of sucide meaning nothing to eat or whatever it remains one mode of death. Are u willing to put ur foot down and say over-all death due to socio-econmic disabilies has inceased if yes I am ready to show u ur rightful place if not u can have blissful existane in ur evasive world.. How long will this evasion continue.. And yes talking of naxals u should tell these guys to shift their nerve centre to urban areas it seems they are not following ur theory of differential grwoth fanning naxalism by confincing themselves in rural areas..:giggle:

And yes talking of naxals u should tell these guys to shift their nerve centre to urban areas it seems they are not following ur theory of differential grwoth fanning naxalism by confincing themselves in rural areas
I've explained to you why you are wrong and why naxalite movements are rural-centric. Educate thyself a little better!

Guest dada_rocks
It seems you have forgotten the context of the discussion. Let me bump up the thread so you can refresh your memory.
I vividly remember Mr I-will-evade-answering directly no matter what