Panesar breaks into top-10

too much hype for too little achievement..... like someone pointed out, he picked wickets against an 8th ranked minnow who were missing lara and sarwan.... which makes them almost 9th ranked for lack of another decent team... infact too soon to even compare him with Vettori...

Guest dada_rocks

Sourav Chandidas ganguly has given thumbs up for Monty and mind you Monty is left-arm-spinner and dada to put it poliuteley is known treat this genre of bowling with utter disdain. So he must be good.

When one looks at Monty bowling, you get the impression that he's not a great spinner as he doesnt spin the ball much. However, the same could said of Kumble. I would like to give him credit first of all for his performances. Now the way to give your wicket to Monty is to play defensively. If one plays aggresively against Panesar, then he becomes half the bowler that he is now. So the way to success against Monty is not blocking but playing your shots and he would be reduced to half his potential. That's what I have noticed of him so far. Anyways, a very good passionate player of the game. For those bashing his fielding abilities, he has improved a lot from his early days. All the Best MOnty

Maybe that clip shows exactly what I was saying. If you play defensively to Monty, then he is going to trouble you just like in the clip. I actually like Monty. Do not get me wrong on that and I wish him all the best. All I was saying was what his weakness is. That is, if batsmen attack him, then he becomes half the bowler that he is.