UK future? Race/Religion fighting?

Gaurav

Online I am detecting that white Brits are getting VERY pissed off with immigrants. Specially when it comes to ROP ones. Lot of Brits do differentiate between Indians and nutty followers of ROP but some Brits don't care anymore and want all the foreigners to f@k off. I have a feeling that if few more attacks happen in England then sh*t will start hitting the fan and Indians will end up being victims. Do you think that large scale race/religious fighting is possible in our lifetime in UK? I am talking the type that took place in X-Yugoslavia? I must say that I don't feel very safe in UK these days. There is that "look" thing going on :angry_smile: People are suspicious of anyone who even remotely looks like a follower of ROP. I will gladly start wearing some kind of official infidel badge to protect my @ss :hysterical: Any views from fellow UK walle?

Nah rubbish. Brits are very tolerant. Just quite rightly they are sick of muslims. The extreme right wing leader nick griffin has openly saidf he has no problems with indians and has many sikh and hindu friends. He hates muslims and this is the general feeling of rest population. I mean who does like muslims? News reporting is much better now. As they have stopped saying asian and are quite clear now in saying pakistani muslims in terrorrism etc etc Problem is with muslims and brits are aware of this. Indians are treated well and MORE THEN SAFE! If you ask me in USA indians are far more at risk from ignorant yanks!

Also Brits are much better informed on race/religion etc. As these are openly discussed in press. Unlike in USA who barely now that a world exists ourside of the USA so are much more likely to attack indians thinking they are muslims eg after 9/11 sikh mistakenly killed, these thins dont happen in UK. Also if you look at far right in UK they never get big share of vote unlike in rest of Europe were they get much more. France is much more likely to explode, big problems with muslims there.

I frankly do not see this as anything new really. Britain and European countries in general have atleast a checkered history. British always propounded that "superior race" thingy in India and Germans were obviously driving the whole "Aryan race saga". In my own personal experience I was called Paki atleast twice in London and no I am no Muslim. While it may be fair to suggest certain Islamic subversive activities have opened some old wounds, it is incorrect to say such developments are new. xxx

In my own personal experience I was called Paki atleast twice in London and no I am no Muslim.
Dont now want London you want to??? But this sounds unbelievable!!! London is the most cosmolitan city in the WORLD! Ethnics seem to be the majority not the minority. Sounds like you visited London in the 70s or something :confused_smile:

Dont now want London you want to??? But this sounds unbelievable!!! London is the most cosmolitan city in the WORLD! Ethnics seem to be the majority not the minority. Sounds like you visited London in the 70s or something :confused_smile:
You are free to beleive it or not, I do not care. This happened in 2003 so sorry to burst your bubble about the most cosmopolitan city et all. This is not a knock on London obviously, but it is strange that you are always ever so ready to jump at Islam to "accept" its fault but when it came to matter to a mere city u find it "unbelievable". Believe it. xxx

You are free to beleive it or not, I do not care. This happened in 2003 so sorry to burst your bubble about the most cosmopolitan city et all. This is not a knock on London obviously, but it is strange that you are always ever so ready to jump at Islam to "accept" its fault but when it came to matter to a mere city u find it "unbelievable". Believe it. xxx
I did not literally mean unbelievable. Just I have not been called a paki in London for near 20 years and I live there!!!! You had a VERY rare experience! However, this still does not discount that London is most cosmoploitan city in world. And yes Lurker Islam and its followers do need to accept there fault! Its the truth and maybe you just cant handle this!

US looks lot worse to me for these things. No one can compete with the red necks of USA when it comes to ignorance. I am not is US so don't know first hand though. Anyway we shall see what the future holds. Very twisted times we are living in. Might have to call MJ and get his bleach walli pill ki recipe :haha: I was in Wembley recently and it looks like Mogadishu :hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks
Nah rubbish. Brits are very tolerant. Just quite rightly they are sick of muslims. The extreme right wing leader nick griffin has openly saidf he has no problems with indians and has many sikh and hindu friends. He hates muslims and this is the general feeling of rest population. I mean who does like muslims? News reporting is much better now. As they have stopped saying asian and are quite clear now in saying pakistani muslims in terrorrism etc etc Problem is with muslims and brits are aware of this. Indians are treated well and MORE THEN SAFE! If you ask me in USA indians are far more at risk from ignorant yanks!
Is there any way of differentiating between a pakistani and an indian.. Sorry pakistani brothers despite all ur efforts of somehow u being of some arab-turkish-persian-central-asian fusion race u do freaking look like us. We aren't happy about it but karen kya sala paisa bhi itana nahin hai ki plastic surgery kara len..

Well there should not be any comparison made with US really. I mean US culture is quite different to UK(or Europe). Americans typically do not care much about immigrants. This may be partly due to the fact that in US it is all bout money honey. For example health services, they are not free and it can cost you a hole everytime you go to a Doctor. In European countries, say England, situation is much better. Health services are lot cheap, even free. And if you have a sector of population that uses services like that but does not contribute then the backlash is for sure. Indians can not be alleged to be doing this but I have happened to know a few South Asians that rely heavily on Social Security(do they call it Dole??). have some shady business on the side and never pay any taxes. Then again it could be a personal experience and folks living in UK would know better. xxx

Guest dada_rocks
US looks lot worse to me for these things. No one can compete with the red necks of USA when it comes to ignorance. I am not is US so don't know first hand though. Anyway we shall see what the future holds. Very twisted times we are living in. Might have to call MJ and get his bleach walli pill ki recipe :haha: I was in Wembley recently and it looks like Mogadishu :hysterical:
So true and that in a way is a big defence against further activities of 9/11 kind. You won't believe how hard believers try here to be pereived as normal. No europe-style tamasha here because they very well know who are they dealing with.

I have happened to know a few South Asians that rely heavily on Social Security(do they call it Dole??). have some shady business on the side and never pay any taxes. Go on, name their nationality, Lurker.:tounge_smile:

^^ Specifically Pakistan and Bangladeshi Dhondy. The rub is that the decent Pakistanis also hate such smoochers, cos in the end they get screwed from both sides as it is. Pay your tax and still get a bad name. Man it must be difficult to be a Pakistani sometime. :confused_smile:

Racism is never practiced openly in this country except by the chavs. And to be completely fair, I have been at the receiving end of it very, very few times. The press, particularly certain tabloids are very anti-Islam, and obviously will leave their mark on the very large cohort of readers that follow them. My worry is not that Indians would be mistaken for their neighbours, but that the community might be at the receiving end of resentment because they are "taking away the jobs". It doesn't help that every other time that you pick up the phone, a cold caller in Bangalore calling himself "John" tries to sell you a mobile phone you do not want. Most people here don't take very kindly to this kind of thing.

As for UK's future, I think this country will be just fine. It's reaping the economic benefits of a relatively liberal immigration policy (compared with say, France), by filling up all the vacant jobs no Brit would have touched, with eastern European immigrants. The Polish community have their own newspapers, magazines, etc. Across the channel, in places like Sangette, refugees from Afghanistan and Pakistan wait in lean-tos for the first opportunity to get on the back of a lorry and cross over to Britain, sometimes putting their life at risk. A large proportion of immigration from western Europe to Britain is from France, where the young simply have no jobs at home, but can find one easily around London. Reverse immigration also occurs, but this is mainly in the form of prosperous Brits buying up second homes in Spain and Southern France.

^^ Dont forget how strong British Pound is these days. Almost 2 dollars for every 1 pound. England would always be a strong economic power. For the simple reason that it is the European HQ for most of the Multinationals around the world. There is a reason why London is the Financial Capital of Europe, if not the world. It is called English - the language. xxx

Lurks, I'll try and answer the query you have put on the other thread over the weekend. It requires some thought. Britain's economic model is actually pretty close to USA's. Individual enterprise, with minimal intervention from the state. It's pretty easy to hire and fire here, unlike in many countries across Europe. Hence, inward investment is way ahead of any other country in Europe. Employment is very high. The downside is that a lot of traditionally bluechip British companies, including Jaguar, Land Rover, Rolls Royce, and Mini are in foreign hands. When the going gets tough, these companies will not hesitate to lay off workers. My other bugbear is thoughtless privatization. Under Thatcher, Britain sold off most franchises for running trains and public transport, while France kept hold of its nationalized railway and transport companies. The result? France probably has the best public transport system in the world, including a fantastic railway, while Britain's is one of the most under-invested and expensive.

meh...i'd say German public transport kicks everyone's ar$e. Everything (Trains, buses,trams) runs 24/7, everything is 'free' (ie, tax-money run, you dont gotto buy tickets) in the local zone, outside local zone is pretty cheap..and their services are NEVER late...