Kallis a possible racist?

shailesh

Re: Kallis a possible racist?

Predator, no person can be shy enough to sing the national anthem Kallis is professional enough to understand the uproar if he refuses to do so Especially in a country like south Africa You are right, we have no right to judge him but we can't stop to wonder too Take sachins example, he got pissed when Pakistanis deliberately posted Indian flag color upside down
Uproar ? Que ? Come on Rajeev, you make it sound as if singing one's national anthem is some kind of nationalistic ritual which must be ahered to in any circusmtances. That is kind of thought-process is so archaic, IMO. No offence intended. Why does a national anthem matter so much anyway ? One can exhibit his or her patriotism just as fervently through their actions. Kallis plays his heart out for SA and gives everything on the pitch...that's enough for me to assume where his allegiance lies. You don't have to wear your nationality on your sleeve and become an attention-wh0re. So he chooses not to sing ? Big deal !! Did you watch the 'FIFA World Cup in Germany this summer ? Was each and every footballer singing his or her national anthem ? No !! But they sure as hell weren't racists or anti-national - which is the impression people here have got after reflecting on Kallis' refusal to sing.

Re: Kallis a possible racist? cricinfo Following a report in South Africa's Sunday Times over Jacques Kallis's alleged refusal to sing the national anthem, Gerald Majola, Cricket South Africa's CEO, met the player today to discuss the issue. "Jacques has explained why he is silent during the singing of the anthem before international matches and his explanation is completely acceptable to Cricket South Africa," Majola said in a statement. "Jacques recently lost both his parents, and he was particularly close to his father who was his cricket mentor. They would often sing the anthem together, and his father was very proud of his son playing for South Africa. "Jacques told me that he sings the anthem in his heart in a quiet moment in remembrance of his parents and in gratitude for what they did to allow him to be good enough to represent his country. He has great respect for the anthem and cherishes every moment he has represented South Africa around the world," the statement added. On his part, Jacques Kallis said that "The questioning of my patriotism and commitment to South Africa can easily be answered by visiting my website www.kallis.co.za and seeing the Jacques Kallis Scholarship Foundation I have set up and this will clearly illustrate my passion and willingness to redress the imbalances of the past. "I hope my personal and family wishes would be respected and this matter would be settled." so it was just that :shrug: