Muslim students refuse to eat mid-day meal cooked by dalit woman in an urdu school

Guest dada_rocks

i don't know what the above is supposed to mean...cuz it ain't sound funny to me... anyways...you've yet to bring any proof of this thread. I am willing to give u the e-mail addresses of atleast 5 people who are born and brought up Bangladeshis who have never heard these terms. So come on, buck up. Your losin the battle here.

i don't know what the above is supposed to mean...cuz it ain't sound funny to me...
Its supposed to convey to you that personal experiences do not encompass the whole society.
I am willing to give u the e-mail addresses of atleast 5 people who are born and brought up Bangladeshis who have never heard these terms.
What part of 'people who are bigoted wont admit to total strangers that they are bigoted' don't you understand ? You asking for names of people who have heard this casteist muslim stuff is nothing more than smokescreen because nobody will admit to strangers that 'yes mate, i am a bigot/racist/casteist'. The proof has already been provided. look here.
Your losin the battle here.
There never was a battle in the first place. I stated a fact and you didnt like it and made a huge issue out of it by using ridiculous reasoning. Just like you are adamant that there is no ashraf/ajlaf casteism in bangladesh, another bangladeshi argued a few days ago that hindus wernt discriminated against, he never heard of hindus being discriminated against in bangladesh, nobody in his knowledge has heard so..etc etc. Today you show up and admit it- stick around, tomorrow you may meet a bong here who will admit the ashraf/ajlaf cr@p and you will see your spiel to be nothing more than a self-centered perception of reality.
So come on, buck up.
I will let this go now. You might wanna ask the regulars here what is usually the result of trying to patronize me.

And you expect an honest answer to this because ??
hmm.. and may i ask u why u shouldnt expect an honest answer ??? u r an indian, if i ask u "do u know about lower and higher caste hindus?" and u say yes.. does it make u racist??? its pretty clear in my book ..NO.. not sure about ur opinion though .. i hv really no confidence on ur judgement to be honest. In the same way, if u ask a bangladeshi "did u ever come across the terms ashrafi and ajlafi?" and if he answers yes, does it make him racist/castiest?? again in my book and for any sensible people ..a BIG NO . So, YES, i do expect an honest answer from them becoz there is nothing wrong in being knowledgeble about any particular term. All the americans know about the N word, doesnt make them racist. Again, I hope if u really want to know the truth, u will ask the bangladeshis u know, "Have u ever heard the words ashrafi and ajlafi in bangladeshi context?" no more twisting please.

from the above arguments, i will have to agree with Respect and Shez here... Bangladesh doesnt seem to have too many people from Arab descent, atleast from looks, hence there may not really be practical caste-divide as compared to say pakistan or afghanistan... hence they may not have encountered it, though it might be present in very negligible proportion....

Its supposed to convey to you that personal experiences do not encompass the whole society. What part of 'people who are bigoted wont admit to total strangers that they are bigoted' don't you understand ? You asking for names of people who have heard this casteist muslim stuff is nothing more than smokescreen because nobody will admit to strangers that 'yes mate, i am a bigot/racist/casteist'. The proof has already been provided. look here. There never was a battle in the first place. I stated a fact and you didnt like it and made a huge issue out of it by using ridiculous reasoning. Just like you are adamant that there is no ashraf/ajlaf casteism in bangladesh, another bangladeshi argued a few days ago that hindus wernt discriminated against, he never heard of hindus being discriminated against in bangladesh, nobody in his knowledge has heard so..etc etc. Today you show up and admit it- stick around, tomorrow you may meet a bong here who will admit the ashraf/ajlaf cr@p and you will see your spiel to be nothing more than a self-centered perception of reality. I will let this go now. You might wanna ask the regulars here what is usually the result of trying to patronize me.
look man, YOU started up stuff. YOU said there was casteism and all that other jazz. So, simply put, YOU gotta bring the proof. Ok so something like Altapedia says there are Ashrafi and Aljafi Muslims. But you are YET to prove any type of racism in present day Bangladesh. You say you have 12 families to choose from. So bring em out. Let's see what you got. Otherwise it's your word vs mine, and in my case, I'm ready to bring it out. I have no vested interested to let you know. I'm Indian and Hindu. So why would my word be tainted? LOL you gonna let it go? What, you my principal or something? What you gonna do? Imma come back for more each time. And if you prove me wrong, I'll play it like a man and be the first one to congratulate you. Until then, battle's on.

Gator-Ashrafi/Ajlafi has very little to do with having arab blood in reality. Subcontinent actually had very little arab influence. Apart from a shortlived foray into sindh-punjab from Mohammed binQasim, arabs actually never did any conquesting/converting in the subcontinent. The muslim barbarians who unleashed genocide & havoc on the subcontinent were muslims of Afghan & Turkish descent ( Ghazni, Ghori, Aibak, Aurangzeb, Khilji, etc. had no arab roots- all afghans/turks). So whether Ashraf/Ajlaf discrimination exists or not has nothing to do with arab presence. As i said, infact in Muslim arabia, caste barrier is not Ashraf/Ajlaf, its Ishmaili/non-Ishmaili. Shehzada & Respect- as i said earlier, i never have and i never will reveal my own personal name/address on a messageboard, much less reveal those of people i know. Your basis of 'lets check it out by phoning/emailing people' is a ridiculous line of reasoning- there are neutral party studies done on this and i am much more inclined to believe those studies than personal experiences of someone, especially when my own personal experience is different.

aight' date=' then I will start it off on my side. I have no problems giving my ID out, and i'm sure my bangla boys have no problem either.[/quote'] Unless you ask a person before revealing his/her vital info (name,address,phone,email,etc) on the net, you are violating their trust. So don't be so 'sure'- go make sure!

Unless you ask a person before revealing his/her vital info (name' date='address,phone,email,etc) on the net, you are violating their trust. So don't be so 'sure'- go make sure![/quote'] these boys are my family, we're tight. We don't got a problem when it comes to bustin out for the truth. But ya, I will ask them beforehand

Guest dada_rocks
from the above arguments' date=' i will have to agree with Respect and Shez here... Bangladesh doesnt seem to have too many people from Arab descent, atleast from looks, hence there may not really be practical caste-divide as compared to say pakistan or afghanistan... hence they may not have encountered it, though it might be present in very negligible proportion....[/quote'] I kind of agree..

I did what Respect and Shehezaada have been asking all of us to.. Go and ask a bangladeshi about this.. When i finished posing my question to him , he gave me a VERY blank look , as if to suggest - " Are you asking the right question to the right person" . He said he has never even HEARD about. Just to make sure things were in order , I walked upto him again after 10 mins and asked him again " Are you sure you havent heard about Ashrafi Ajlafi ? etc .. " The poor guy seemed to be so embarassed that he didnt know something which i thought was default in bangladesh. So he answered - " Maybe its in the rural parts of bangladesh , but i havent heard about it " ! :haha: