Happy Diwali!!!

ganeshran

Awesome. Surprising one for me is Japan. There are not that many Indian in Japan if I know correctly and so' date=' the density of fireworks even more than Indian is a bit surprising. However, Japan's majority are followers of Buddhism and some sects of Buddhism especially the ones who believe and follow King Ashoka celebrate Diwali as the day when Ashoka converted to Buddhism. That can be the only explanation otherwise the most density of fireworks in Japan and even more than India is a bit surprising. Also somewhat surprising is the density of fireworks in Kashmir including perhaps PoK and eastern belt of Pakistan from what I can see. Also somewhat surprising is the density of fireworks in Western Europe. UK is fine as there is huge Indian population there but the rest is a bit surprising as I doubt there are so many Indians there to have more density than India. Buddhist or Sikh factor cannot be there too as their density is not that high either being Christian majority countries unlike East and South East Asia where Indian religions are in significant numbers.[/quote'] OK both the pics looked dodgy to me especially due to the parts highlighted in Europe and in Pakistan where there is hardly significant people who would have celebrated Diwali more than many parts of India. Today, I saw the truth revealed and the people who started it were creating a hoax. The pics are of change in illumination over India from 1992-2003. http://www.sciencephotogallery.co.uk/india_at_night_satellite_image/print/1705155.html http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/160012/view The world photo was even more dodgy as Japan celebrating Diwali like crazy as shown in the image earlier was just impossible to be honest even if they celebrate Buddhist Diwali. And I don't think even Japanese Buddhists are so religious or Diwali is so popular is Japan. It is not even a national holiday there.