Vacation over - Bose.

gator

The ones i gave you already were the BEST Indian domestic cricket had to offer at the time, and they STILL failed.
Arrrgh..you are missing the point...Point is NOT that we've not had ANYBODY get in on domestic merit. Point is not that Australia hasnt had ANYBODY they picked outside of domestic merit . Point is, we mostly pick outside of domestic merit and Australia picks mostly within domestic merit. how many names do you want me to give you to demonstrate the 'talunt/sifaarishi' selections in Indian cricket ???
So you want to see more of these sh*tty players representing India ? More Jai P Yadav's, more Rathores ? That is exactly what you will get if you pick players from domestic cricket.
yes, i'd have these shitty players represent India, have India lose a few more for the next few years when picking most of the team on domestic merit will ensure that domestic cricket is no longer irrelevant, discovers quality and powers India to a top flight level for the next 10-15 yrs.
Thats is completely WRONG - it has always been the other way around.
Boolsheet. Pathan, Ganguly, Sehwag, Bhajji, Zaheer, Nehra, Aggy, VRV, Munaf, Karthik, etc. all got their breaks without proving themselves at the domestic level and DESERVING selection to the main team.
Arrrgh..you are missing the point...Point is NOT that we've not had ANYBODY get in on domestic merit. Point is not that Australia hasnt had ANYBODY they picked outside of domestic merit . Point is, we mostly pick outside of domestic merit and Australia picks mostly within domestic merit. how many names do you want me to give you to demonstrate the 'talunt/sifaarishi' selections in Indian cricket ???
As many as you can...because there haven't been anywhere near as many as you think - of that i am absolutely sure. I don't give a sh*t what Australia do - they are light years ahead of India. No comparison. We're talking about which policy is best for Indian cricket - and it's obvious to anyone that picking Indian cricketers on the basis of how well they did in FC doesn't yield the best results. What do you mean that "we have not had ANYBODY get in on domestic merit" - how can you say that, i just gave you a list of players who DID get in. Don't make big convincing statements like these if you are not sure about them. Earlier you said that there had never been any instance of a 30 year old getting into the team in the last 20 years - i gave you many who have in the last 10 !
yes' date=' i'd have these shitty players represent India[/quote'] Excellent. Now we are getting somewhere. ...so do you think that having an XI comprised of Jai P Yadavs and Rathores would do better than an XI made of Yuvraj Singhs and Agarkars ? If the answer is yes, then i am sorry, but that is just laughable. History backs me up.
Boolsheet. Pathan, Ganguly, Sehwag, Bhajji, Zaheer, Nehra, Aggy, VRV, Munaf, Karthik, etc. all got their breaks without proving themselves at the domestic level and DESERVING selection to the main team.
Thanks, you have just proven my point. You just named some of the best cricketers India have produced in the last decade. The policy obviously works then. Now I'd take all those "talunted" losers over Rathores, Khurasiyas, Karims, Jai P Yadavs, and Kumarans (among a million other domestic kings who have been capped) anyday of the week. Would you ?
...so do you think that having an XI comprised of Jai P Yadavs and Rathores would do better than an XI made of Yuvraj Singhs and Agarkars ? If the answer is yes, then i am sorry, but that is just laughable. History backs me up.
What history shows is that our narrowminded idea of 'talunt' and sifaarish is the reason domestic Indian cricket hasnt taken off ever...and i'd rather have India plumb the depths for a few years if it means putting credibility back into domestic cricket, since a strong domestic scene is the only way to produce a top team. And we wont get there unless we started picking players who've proved themselves on the domestic circuit for several years as the main basis for team selection ( there still exists room for the occasional talunt picks).
You just named some of the best cricketers India have produced in the last decade. The policy obviously works then.
the best cricketeres in that lot are utterly hopeless for the most part compared to most of the world. it doesnt prove your point- it only shows us that picking on talunt will get us mediocre egocentrics lacking basic skill/fortitude like most of that group.
Now I'd take all those "talunted" losers over Rathores, Khurasiyas, Karims, Jai P Yadavs, and Kumarans (among a million other domestic kings who have been capped) anyday of the week. Would you ?
No...because keeping picking those 'talunted losers' will get us 3wicket/match and 35 averaging bowler being our 'best strike bowler'. A few rathores,karims and Jai Ps today will give the SYTEM the accountability it needs...and once that happens, in a few yrs, we'd have the McGraths and the Flintoffs that we so crave. I find it no coincidence that we have one of the longest history of picking young kids with barely a year of domestic cricket and end up producing no-hopers like Zaheer Khan as the leading pace bowler from a nation of a billion people.
What history shows is that our narrowminded idea of 'talunt' and sifaarish is the reason domestic Indian cricket hasnt taken off ever...
What do you mean "hasn't taken off" ? The competition still runs today, doesn't it ? Just like any other FC set in any other country.
and i'd rather have India plumb the depths for a few years if it means putting credibility back into domestic cricket' date=' [b']since a strong domestic scene is the only way to produce a top team. And we wont get there unless we started picking players who've proved themselves on the domestic circuit for several years as the main basis for team selection ( there still exists room for the occasional talunt picks).
You are right there. Domestic cricket needs to be strengthened - i've said this before myself. But that requires things not directly related to cricket - ie; money, benefactors, proper adminsitration. Reduce the scale of the competition, and make it a lucrative proposition for foreigners (as it is in England). Picking more and more crappy domestic players for next 10 years won't do anything - you will just have a sh*tty team which loses more often. You can play Rathores, Yadavs and all your other favourite domestic bullies for 10 years, but they won't take the team anywhere. Do you recognise this ?
the best cricketeres in that lot are utterly hopeless for the most part compared to most of the world. it doesnt prove your point- it only shows us that picking on talunt will get us mediocre egocentrics lacking basic skill/fortitude like most of that group.
Call them whatever you like - they are the best India have produced. More importantly, they are FAR better than those sh*tty players you want representing India. Do you seriously think a Rathore would have been a bigger success than a Ganguly ? Or that a Wassan would have been better than a Zaheer ?
No...because keeping picking those 'talunted losers' will get us 3wicket/match and 35 averaging bowler being our 'best strike bowler'.
...but those domestic kings you are supporting so fervently couldn't even manage that ? Which is why they turned out to be failures ?
A few rathores' date='karims and Jai Ps today will give the SYTEM the accountability it needs...and once that happens, in a few yrs, we'd have the McGraths and the Flintoffs that we so crave. .[/quote'] ...in a few years ? LMFAO. What will happen in a few years ? The Yadavs and Rathores among other domestic bullies will suddenly become world-beaters like Flintoffs and McGraths ? That is laughable.
What do you mean "hasn't taken off" ? The competition still runs today, doesn't it ? Just like any other FC set in any other country.
Taken off in terms of quality. Its worse than English, Aussie, Saffie and currently, even SL domestic FC league.
f. But that requires things not directly related to cricket - ie; money, benefactors, proper adminsitration. Reduce the scale of the competition, and make it a lucrative proposition for foreigners (as it is in England).
All that counts for squat unless the selectors give the impression that they will pick most of the intl. team based on domestic performance and then stick to it.
Picking more and more crappy domestic players for next 10 years won't do anything - you will just have a sh*tty team which loses more often.
Oh yes it will - it will demonstrate to domestic cricket that performance in domestic cricket IS the best way into the intl. team. This will motivate the players to take domestic cricket seriously and play like its life & death, instead of relying on zonal politics and 'talunt'. It will give purpose to domestic cricket, which is what is lacking today. Without purpose, all this revamp this,revamp that is meaningless and waste of time, effort & money.
Call them whatever you like - they are the best India have produced. More importantly, they are FAR better than those sh*tty players you want representing India. Do you seriously think a Rathore would have been a bigger success than a Ganguly ? Or that a Wassan would have been better than a Zaheer ?
No- i dont think Rathore would've been more successful than Gangoo...but if we'd picked Rathore and given him an extended run, then picked the next best domestic guy, etc etc,it'd have demonstrated to the domestic circle that domestic performance means something. When we keep overlooking domestic performers for 'talunt' , domestic cricket has no purpose to improve on!
...but those domestic kings you are supporting so fervently couldn't even manage that ? Which is why they turned out to be failures ?
They couldnt manage that because india has always picked predominantly on 'talunt'- not on domestic performance, thereby robbing domestic cricket of its purpose. A rudder-less ship will still be bolloxed, nomatter how well you deck it out in gold and livery.
...in a few years ? LMFAO. What will happen in a few years ? The Yadavs and Rathores among other domestic bullies will suddenly become world-beaters like Flintoffs and McGraths ? That is laughable.
yadav and Rathore wouldnt. but yadav and Rathore are our initial (and losing) investment to produce a much better domestic product- since picking yadav/rathore etc. will demonstrate to the youngsters in domestic cricket that they too will get a shot if they worked hard and performed in domestic cricket. Right now, everybody knows domestic results count for squat, so there is no incentive to work your butt off and improve your game at the domestic level.
All that counts for squat unless the selectors give the impression that they will pick most of the intl. team based on domestic performance and then stick to it.
...no, "all that" will raise the profile of Indian cricket and that is what is needed to attract international class players to participate it in regularly. The better the players, the better the standard of cricket. Currently Indian FC offers nothing to a top level cricketer - they can't develop by playing in a league full of sh*tty players who have no future. Look at how Indian cricketers like Ganguly and Zaheer score runs and take wickets for fun in Ranji, no matter how bad they may be playing at international level. If you keep picking crappy players for India, the standard will remain the same.
Oh yes it will - it will demonstrate to domestic cricket that performance in domestic cricket IS the best way into the intl. team.
...but this is already the policy used by Indian selectors. The long list of losers i have given you are PROOF that domestic cricket is the best way to get into the international squad. They made it on merit. It's a flawed policy though, because like i said before - sh*tty competition breeds sh*tty players, and that is why you never hear of domestic kings. You are just stubbornly denying my assertion that players who do well in FC receive ample chances at international level. First you need get your head around this and recognise that you are wrong - players who do well invariably get a look in.
No- i dont think Rathore would've been more successful than Gangoo...but if we'd picked Rathore and given him an extended run' date=' then picked the next best domestic guy, etc etc,it'd have demonstrated to the domestic circle that domestic performance means something.[/quote'] The objective is to pick the best possible team for India. If domestic bullies for the most part - are FAILURES - at international cricket (history proves this) then why should the selectors compromise the Indian cricket team's performance on the pitch by including them in the team ? This is basically what you are asking for.

Predator dude... it aint gonna work... u can educate a chimp about quantum physics, but not CC about cricket.... Ravi, please open a new sub-forum on english language, so CC can be the champion poster there... Apparently he claims, tht is his forte... lets see...

I just read through the last series of posts in the thread. Its REALLY saddening to see some outstanding intellectual content being sullied by personal attacks and name calling. The trend of confrontation between CC on one side and Gator/Yoda/BB/ on the other has been going on for some time now. I dunno for how long this is can go on. For the fear of giving the impression as though I am advising people who are much more wiser than me in age and experience, i refrain from saying anything personal. The ONLY thing i want to say is - All this bickering is terrible for ICF. When someone new comes into the forum and glances through the posts , all he would see is infighting and name calling. I am sure that would scare him away. Without even realizing , the forum is being harmed. And if its of use any use to anybody , As someone who has been a diligent poster for the last 6 months, I would like share my viewpoint on how i see ICF. I am not here to prove i am better or worse than anybody. It doesnt serve me any purpose, even if i prove my intelligence here. I am here to discuss cricket , share ideas and thoughts. And i dont expect everything said by everybody to make cricketing or real life logic. Nobody is correct all the time. So to all -- Let peace prevail ! :present:
Maris... i am like this only with CC....while he is like this with everyone, abusing mods, women etc.... i deem it my duty to correct the kid when he is wrong.... i have known him since a while... he is a kid, who has only theoretical knowledge of the sport... he abuses everyone, while i patiently explain the nuances to him....
man, what kind of a ball is that(the bose pic) his hand is all the way down.. and the ball is still right there.. a meter in front of him.. wtf...
no, the ball is on its way to hit his head after his 70mph lollipop was driven back right at his head at 80mph...
Guest dada_rocks
Predator dude... it aint gonna work... u can educate a chimp about quantum physics, but not CC about cricket.... Ravi, please open a new sub-forum on english language, so CC can be the champion poster there... Apparently he claims, tht is his forte... lets see...
his claims are that of a guy who comes last in a cyclcing race and then claims he actually was taking part in slow-cycling compettion and hence deserves first prize.