Vacation over - Bose.

gator

pretty deep shyte' date=' considering it comes from a rookie....[/quote'] A rookie with brains is a better deal than a has-been without one and lacking basic comprehension of English in an English forum, sorry to say. Have you figured out the whole Kumble =125kph nonsense of your's yet ? or are you just being shy ?
doesnt seem like it....
Right back at- ya !
Quote: doesnt seem like it.... Right back at- ya !
huh!
A rookie with brains is a better deal than a has-been without one and lacking basic comprehension of English in an English forum
wat r u babbling about? we r discussing cricket here, kid....
PS: Figured out Kumble and the 125kph gaffe of yours yet ?
i was not the dumb one, who claimed Kumble bowled at 125kph.... I was also not the retarded one who claimed Chandra and Underwood as the names in response to someone asking for a list of successful bowlers operating at 125kph when the context was medium pace....
i was not the dumb one, who claimed Kumble bowled at 125kph...
Err you are the dumb one to think I claimed Kumble bowled at 125kph when i clearly didnt and clarified it to you already once. Perhaps you lack the balls to fess up to your error ? Or do you want me to quote you again and categorically expose your lack of comprehension again ?
I was also not the retarded one who claimed Chandra and Underwood as the names in response to someone asking for a list of successful bowlers operating at 125kph when the context was medium pace....
For someone who 'allegedly' watched cricket before i was born, your knowledge is shocking, really if you think Chandra doesnt qualify as a medium pacer before he qualifies as a spinner. Oh wait, i forgot- before i was born, tvs wernt around in indian households...its only so much you can learn from sticking a radio to your ear, i guess!
Quote: i was not the dumb one, who claimed Kumble bowled at 125kph... Err you are the dumb one to think I claimed Kumble bowled at 125kph
back-tracking aint gonna help u there....
For someone who 'allegedly' watched cricket before i was born, your knowledge is shocking, really if you think Chandra doesnt qualify as a medium pacer before he qualifies as a spinner.
if u go and call chandra a medium pacer in cricketing circles, u will encounter the same emotions u evoke here... contempt...
back-tracking aint gonna help u there....
I aint backtracking- i explained to you what i said. If you have the balls, quote that post where i explained it and prove it wrong (or yourself right) !
if u go and call chandra a medium pacer in cricketing circles, u will encounter the same emotions u evoke here... contempt...
Sorry but *you* arnt qualified to speak about opinions of others in the cricket circles.
I aint backtracking- i explained to you what i said.
it was some babbling.... as usual trying to cover ur bloopers...
Sorry but *you* arnt qualified to speak about opinions of others in the cricket circles.
as qualified as u can get.... no substitute for experience...
The point you are missing is that domestic cricket won't improve simply by us wanting it to improve or us whining about it (which we are worldclass at, btw). A company does not become 'profitable' without accountability. In cricketing terms here, the company is FC cricket, profit is producing worldclass players and accountability is having a consistent selection criteria. FC performances will improve only when Indian FC players realize that it is their FC performances that will land them a spot in the team and not some arbitary 'talunt' guage where one bandaa says '130kph' and the other goes ' i want a 90mph bowler or else its all faltoo'. This is not very hard to understand, really. current FC players have very little incentive to compete at their best in FC level because thanks to our cluelessness in managing cricket, we go by some arbitary 'talunt' over performance, not to mention, contacts, greased palms and zonal politics all come before the consistency and professionalism of a peformance-based system.
Both your points are true! And very correct. Accountability is needed not just from the selectors but from the very grass root, from every department which is given the duty of preparing the pitches, to the facilities provided to the players to coaching of the players in their formative years...everything!!! For that we'll need to have just 6-7 FC team from entire India, having just about 100 FC players instead of 450 that we have now. The selections will have to be freed from nepotism and other biases and FC cricket played as seriously as any international cricket..not just from the point of players but the associations too. The whole system needs to be revamped! But till it is done, right now the FC performance doesn't carry any weight!
google theory may be your forte- not mine. My theory still stands- as i said, Clarke earned his spot by the weight of his performance in domestic cricket. :haha:
No he didn't. Here are his stats for his first three seasons in FC (up until the season he broke into the Aussie side); 403 runs @ 28.78, 179 @ 25.57, 663 @ 39. Now do you still think that he got in "by weight of his performance in domestic cricket" ?
For someone who 'allegedly' watched cricket before i was born, your knowledge is shocking, really if you think Chandra doesnt qualify as a medium pacer before he qualifies as a spinner.
Chandra was never considered as a medium pacer but rather as a spinner who bowled fastest leg breaks and googly. Don't got fooled by Cricinfo profile. I have watched Chandra bowl in more than one series and if I were to take a educated guess , his speed would be more of 80 to 110 kmph range. He lacked the shoulder and arm strength of kumble and his top spin was nearly the same speed as kumble . No way , was he a medium pacer or deemed capable of bowling medium pace.

I have said this before, enthusiasm is a life enriching quality that stimulates others, and whatever CC's little idiosyncracies, he has enthusiasm in plenty. I have already said how well he writes. If you don't want to participate in debates with him, that's fine, but this kind of unprovoked putdown is sad to see.

Dont worry about me Dhondy- i am up against an idiot who can't even read English properly and then when pointed out his blatant gaffe, isnt man enough to admit his error. This is the same retard who thinks ' replace 125kph with turning the ball and you get the same clamour about Kumble 15 yrs ago' to mean ' Kumble bowls at 125kph'. Perhaps it is too much for him to concede error to a person far younger (allegedly) than he is. he doesnt bother me in the least bit because what he cant answer or think out of, he just calls 'mumbo-jumbo' like a little lame kid. Atleast this lame wannabe (gator) trying to bluff his way out doesnt come armed with the ban-button like some other retards who 'pretend' to be upholders of secularism or democracy by bootlicking Uncle Sam for some money.

CC, I sincerely feel that name calling and derogatory comments drag down our forum, besides detracting from the quality of the debates. It takes immense self control not to return abuse in kind. Can you do it, kiddo? (from somebody who is a lot older than you):tounge_smile:

Dont worry about me Dhondy- i am up against an idiot who can't even read English properly
Dhonds, u r the first to jump and protect personal attack on the kid by Yoda... but I am sure, u will let this pass - his sweet name-calling.... oh, well.... i have a skin thicker than his brain...
Dont worry about me Dhondy- i am up against an idiot who can't even read English properly and then when pointed out his blatant gaffe, isnt man enough to admit his error. This is the same retard who thinks ' replace 125kph with turning the ball and you get the same clamour about Kumble 15 yrs ago' to mean ' Kumble bowls at 125kph'.
Is this really necessary?