Srinath vs Vaas - Who was the better bowler ?

Srinath vs Vaas - Who was the better bowler ?  

1. 1.

• Srinath
    • Vaas
    • I don't care - Mohamad Sammy is the best

Did you mean Ashley De Silva. I remember him playing for lanka
Ashley ?? :haha::haha: I meant this guy; http://www.cricket-online.org/player.php?player_id=2103
In a Test against India in 1997/98, a fearful Javagal Srinath bouncer forced him to retire hurt with blood streaming from his face, largely due to an ill-adjusted helmet visor. Although he returned in the second innings, Kaluwitharana was recalled for the next Test and de Silva has not played Test cricket since.
I love the "ill-adjusted helmet visor" cop-out. :hysterical:
I Plus you should not discount the fact that Srinath had a vicious bouncer which have felled the likes of Pringle or Ponting to name a few.BTW ' date=' he did develop the out swinger later in his career. [/quote'] Yeah Srinath had a ferocious bouncer alright. The only problem was that when he hit a batsman he developed more pain than the batsmen himself. I remember he once hit an Aussie batsman(Ponting?), then walked over to him to check if he was okay only to be told "Eff off". If I was Srinath I would have knocked the balls off the batsman, quite literally. Vaas on the other hand can only dream of such pace. I mean the man bowls with the keeper standing upto him for crying out loud. xxx

Am not sure opponents ever feared Vaas. Srinath had that fear factor associated with him atleast for sometime in his career. Sri IMO was a better bowler. Qn for BheemBhai: How many of Vaas's exploits are top order wickets compared to Srinath's ?

I would bet that most posters would feel that Srinath was more talented of the two.
I disagree- Vaas was always more talented than Srinath. Simply being a naturally faster bowler isnt being more talented- Vaas when he broke in was already more talented than Srinath in thinking out a batsman, in variety of deliveries and ability to bounce-back. Sri never knew how to bounce-back. If you tore him apart in one spell, he almost never came back re-invigorated for the next one. If Srinath bowled well from the get-go, he was very dangerous but he was the classic example of 'dismantle him in one spell and watch his game fall apart for the rest of the match' bowler.
Sri never knew how to bounce-back. If you tore him apart in one spell, he almost never came back re-invigorated for the next one. If Srinath bowled well from the get-go, he was very dangerous but he was the classic example of 'dismantle him in one spell and watch his game fall apart for the rest of the match' bowler.
I guess that can be attributed to his mental makeup. I think we can all agree that Vaas is mentally stronger than Srinath.