A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

a recent example to point out the flaws in Test Rankings. somewhere I read today that SRT is ranked above Dravid in test batsman ratings. Now, if you chose the window of last year - this looks absurd, but if you look at window of 4 years.. IIRC SRT is above all (Indians at least, as I did not bother to check stats guru). So, effectively test rankings are just another moving average of some selective metrics with some 'random' weights, over some 'random' time window. And if you still insist, it is most objective assessment - well then carry on - good luck.
You can't be serious..should rankings be done on a monthly basis ? or series basis ? Dravid sucked for 2-3 years before his mega last few months and it reflected in the rankings. Moving averages are used throughout be it FIFA rankings...or Chess ELO rating.. ..because it measures consistency over a period of time. Why is it " flawed " when guys like Sunny , Richards, Sobers, Lara et al maintained a much superior rankings graph throughout their etc ? Ditto for ATG bowlers.
And likewise Anwar and Ijaz PWNED your supposed big daddy hehehe so using your twisted logic Anwar > BCL and SRT . Back to square one.
In 2 World Cups and over 25 tests ? vs Anwar and Ijaz ? Bossbhai, apparently you think this sort of silly diversions and tactics can put off someone. Because you have no substance. Just silly diversion tactics. And ALOT of time.
You can't be serious..should rankings be done on a monthly basis ? or series basis ? Dravid sucked for 2-3 years before his mega last few months and it reflected in the rankings. Moving averages are used throughout be it FIFA rankings...or Chess ELO rating.. ..because it measures consistency over a period of time. Why is it " flawed " when guys like Sunny , Richards, Sobers, Lara et al maintained a much superior rankings graph throughout their etc ? Ditto for ATG bowlers.
See - that is where you did not get the point.. I am not saying one should do monthly/daily basis, but the point is, eventually the pick of metrics and weights and duration of time window - to calculate a rating - is random....you pick a window of 22 years, no one comes close to SRT, pick 1 year, Dravid is clearly ahead. I hope you understand how moving averages (and selecting metrics) work , if it was so easy to pick "objective metrics" and "objective time windows", every other guy would be a millionaire on stocks market.
no prob. ping me anytime. The problem here is that you cannot scale from a lower standard to a higher standard without any credible worthwhile evidence. This is against cricketing logic.
agreed. which is why, there should not be any cross era comparisons at all. Which is why I brought the point - soft skills, mental part, attitude, sincerity, commitment etc..- both in field and out of field - are more important basis for excellence - in any era. But, can not yet be accurately measured to warrant any objective comparison, or to accurately calculate relative standings.
No I dont. SRT, great as he is, also has a lot on his side. Heavy bats, for example, where his mishits go for sixes. Small grounds where a typical catch in 80s is now out of the boundary. Clive Lloyd use to carry heavy bat, Big Bertha. Sachin, although a good feet shorter, uses heavier bat. Same goes for other players say Dhoni. Kapil Dev smacking a six off Holding in a boundary in 80s is not the same as Dhoni hitting today. With regards to helmet, and all the protective gear, many players career ended that way. You had to be somebody like Amarnath to keep coming back for more. Sachin, or any other player for that matter, had they played with skull cap like Sunny did (forget Richards with bald pate) would have retired 10 years back This whole nonsense of longetivity is down to modern day cricket. Better equipments, better facilities, better medicine..heck better pay package. Kapil and Sunny used to wash clothes to save money on expenses, would Uthappa do that today? Let alone Sachin. xxx
16 year old Waqar Younis Nose Still standing Still playing :winky:
Agree 100 % Lurker. Also there is a huge financial angle. Most high profile Indians players sign 5 year contracts for fixed amounts with management companies which manages their endorsements. SRT was a pioneer in this trend with Mark Mascarhenus of World tel ( I don't where he has signed up currently and when that expires ) . And such a sign up has clauses that mandates minimum appearances ..etc Besides this, I think few younger and fitter players like Kallis ( 2.5 years younger ) and 3K short now and Ponting during his peak form have kept SRT going.
WTF headwall.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us So SRT signed a endorsement deal with a management company which then forced BCCI to play this unworthy player :cantstop: There was a time where a player written off, fought back and jumped ahead of those who were supposedly better than him it would be something admirable, but tools like these hold it against the guy. mental disintegration
guess now we need another parameter.. # of times a batsman has taken a blow to the body.. and mind you' date=' it should not be averaged over # of deliveries faced.. it should be pure cumulative number... and there is an obvious [s']loser winner here.
And we are talking about the same guy, who has popularized (if not invented) the uppercut, and executed it to perfection - more often than others....yea yea, would have been impossible w/o helmet.. I guess I can also do that, just need a helmet other protective gear.

And since pulling stuff out of the ***** and passing it off as fact is in fashion. Helmets are a hindrance. You get unbelievable sweaty (just ask Rahul Dravid), especially on the head, this sweat occasionally rolls down to the eyes and blurs vision. The extra weight on the head is not natural. Tilting your head slightly could put you off balance. The heat inside is unbearable and leads to headaches and faintness

16 year old Waqar Younis Nose Still standing Still playing :winky:
Eggjactly. Now we are talking. 80s era. Kapil. Imran. Sachin plays. Gets bloodied nose lol. Full credit to him for standing up courageously, but to think he would do it 20 odd years without modern equipments, dustbowls, better bat and no bouncer rule is well..out of time...pun intentional.
And since pulling stuff out of the ***** and passing it off as fact is in fashion. Helmets are a hindrance. You get unbelievable sweaty (just ask Rahul Dravid), especially on the head, this sweat occasionally rolls down to the eyes and blurs vision. The extra weight on the head is not natural. Tilting your head slightly could put you off balance. The heat inside is unbearable and leads to headaches and faintness
Oh that can be solved easily. Dont wear them. Let us see some Gladiators, a la Richards and Richardson. No points being a pansy and sulk about helmet, no?
sweat,tilting of head are for more important than Saving your head...Sir John will proud of this logic
based on what ? - that RPT-esque logic - average against so and so bowler? Since this stat is still being persisted with - What do you have to say about - relative performance against similar bunch of fast bowling greats "IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD"? Do you actually believe that it is relatively non-nonsensical to the root-stat ( relative performance against similar set - including home bullying). And before newly hired trolls like you ignore/attack my query about your self-fvck(loophole) logic - as coming from a fanatic. Here is my stand on the key ATG crap-points a) Cross era comparison just does not make sense. Not yet, with today's statistical methods/algorithms, data available so far. b) Neither side can be too wrong in assuming one's supremacy over the other (DGB vs SRT) - both of these guys have done enough that other guy could have done - but of course there are no real-world numbers to support the undisputed claim. Anyway, I always suggest not to get into the supremacy business at all. c) I never subscribe to time-travel logic - DGB would have averaged 70-80s today, or SRT/Ponting would have averaged 100s - it is just not possible to arrive at some such number/range - undisputedly. d) I never subscribe to - "DGB's numbers are meaningless as he faced inferior bowlers". It is much more complex than even a chicken egg situation. I would care to elaborate only if anyone is willing to discuss sincerely. e)Only fair comparison is against one's own peers. In terms of that metric DGB is peerless. HOWEVER, this can not be the only criteria to assume uber-supremacy over every one else forever. Peer dominance is a decent measure, but it is a double edged sword. An outlier can be a reflection of inefficiencies of the system/setup under observation - their are countless examples of that. Similarly this particular case of DGB being statistical outlier can very well be interpreted as the cricket setup of that era being amateurish - as compared to today's setup. Level of cricket, skills, technology, rules etc. have changed slowly - but eventually so drastically, that test cricket from 30s isn't same sport as today's test cricket - technically speaking. Back to over all level of competition in 30-40s era - search around a bit - in the very same era - there were few other sports where people were able to dominate peers by almost similar margins. What does it prove, it was relatively and probabilistic-ally easier to dominate your peers during that era. In other words, observed distance from the mean ( # of standard deviations away from mean) - is magnified due to level of competition. Allow me to put a hypothesis here - peer domination has to be normalized against peer domination in other similar subsets from population of same era ( as if comparison within sports within same era was easy enough :)) ). Anyway, I am not saying that peer dominance does not mean anything at all to judge individual's greatness - but overall truth lies somewhere between - extent of being outlier is a mixed function of level of competition and individual's greatness over peers + few more parameters. And we are not yet there where we can have truely objective assessment of that - clue - weights assigned to various metrics are still "subjective". So, it (peer dominance) can not the be THE GOLD STANDARD to warrant undoubted dominance across eras. Both sides have been guilty of selective filtering, just to bring down the other side. But, more often than not, there is one side which keeps coming up with absurd comparisons and whenever gets countered - resorts to typical derogatory trolling... and the game continues.
you realized this now....finally by the way which side you are on...as per xPerts here no one is neutral..
Who is this "us" you speak of? You, your bs, and RSS? :haha: I kinda liked you better when you had some facts and a sense of humor. Atleast he stood up for himself. Kinda sad to see you grow into a bitter old git who has developed a mob mentality. So how does it feel to..well feel stupid? :hehe:
can we keep RSS out of this....not all the people on Bradmans side in this forum may not be against RSS by default :winky:
abe tereko kitni bar bolu, inko reply mat kar...they are craving for it. Begging became a career b/c people started falling into the traps. You are doing the same, feeding them what they want. These guys live in denial and want every chance to thrive on it. tereko problem hai tou, let outsider come back from his vacation then go head to head. ye sab chewtiye logo ke saath kaiko time bigad ta hai?
whats your problem man..if you dont like this just ignore and do some work...why you want to act like a 'secratery'...atlest BB is decent enough to reply normal guys like us...