Water discovered on an extra solar planet

The Outsider

yeah there was a photograph of a specific spot in 1999 and then again in 01 and they found tracks of water that weren't there in 1999. Are they still in doubt because the tracks might have been caused the flow of Lava or is there some other reason?
IIRC, the second set of photographs were from 2005 and not 2001. The two main competing arguments against the gully being formed by water were : 1. Replenished frost from underground. 2. Salty crust being exposed due to erosion along a fault. Both the above arguments are significantly less convincing than underground water having seeped out to form the structure though. BTW, MP no offense to any religion and without the aim of making this into a religious discussion how does the concept of extra terrestrial life fit into the philosophy of Islam?

Same here. It gonna suck when they discover immortality 2 years after we die.
Aren't we made up of immortal pieces ? (atoms i.e.) .. So aren't "we" immortal if the very thing that we are made of will remain so ? Jus messing :P I hope we find some intelligent life somewhere who attack us.. then i see some hope for this planet as we might actually unite to fight against them :cantstop:

I hope we find some intelligent life somewhere who attack us.. then i see some hope for this planet as we might actually unite to fight against them
Then it'll make for a great 'tragic ending' for humanity. Any species that can wage war against us from inter-stellar distances would mean we are gonna get horribly owned. Unless they fight like the stupid Hollywood flicks- i can never understand why an alien species with super-tech show up and then send troops down here Independence-day style. If i had that kind of tech and wanted to wipe out humanity, i'd be busy humming around the asteroid belt, until i found an Iron-nickel asteroid weighing several tons, tow it to earth's gravity well/accelerate it to impact with earth, sit back, make some coffee and watch mankind being wiped out that way. Chixulub crater all over again. All done in an evening's work and not an alien risked ! :haha:

IIRC, the second set of photographs were from 2005 and not 2001. The two main competing arguments against the gully being formed by water were : 1. Replenished frost from underground. 2. Salty crust being exposed due to erosion along a fault. Both the above arguments are significantly less convincing than underground water having seeped out to form the structure though. BTW, MP no offense to any religion and without the aim of making this into a religious discussion how does the concept of extra terrestrial life fit into the philosophy of Islam?
TBH i don't know much other than the fact that Islam accepts the existence of 'jins' who can be interrupted as living things with a totally different composition than human beings, plants and animals.