Are we gonna win the CB series?

Magneto

Are we gonna win the CB series?  

1. 1.

• Obviously. We are the world champs, and we'll whitewash the Aussies in the finals like last time
    • Errrm. We might win a few games, and manage to get to the finals. Then we'll get smashed.
    • Haha. We'll lose most of our games and get knocked out in the group stages only.

Originally Posted by Manny_Pacquiao our odi side put up big totals in england. the bowling didn't deliver though, and we lost 3-0. i am not worried about our odi batting, i know those guys will score. but the bowling is the question mark. need some big games from umesh and co. sri lanka are garbage, so india are virtually assured of a place in the final.
wht a shame LOL :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:

My forecast: Match 9 - Aus beat SL , get 4 points - -[ AU 18, SL 11, IND 10] Match 10 - Ind Beat Aus, get 4 points - [ AU 18, IND 14, SL 11] Match 11 - India Loose to SL - [ AU 18, SL 15, IND 14] Match 12 - Aus vs SL, result immaterial I get my three days back.. will not have to watch the CB finals!

gaddar kahika :sad:
Maine thode hi haraya hai :dontknow: If our team itself lacks balls to even proceed with the appeal when an opposing batsman is out, what can I do? I hope phuckers Sehwag and Tendulkar get "spirit of cricket" award and ram it up their @$$es. Sehwag of all people should have known better as he was denied a 100 by Dilshan asking his bowler to bowl a no-ball. And we all know what Sanga the Whinga did at the toss in the WC. Serves the bloody team right. If you can't even play professional sports professionally, you are bound to lose.
Maine thode hi haraya hai :dontknow: If our team itself lacks balls to even proceed with the appeal when an opposing batsman is out, what can I do? I hope phuckers Sehwag and Tendulkar get "spirit of cricket" award and ram it up their @$. Sehwag of all people should have known better as he was denied a 100 by Dilshan asking his bowler to bowl a no-ball. And we all know what Sanga the Whinga did at the toss in the WC. Serves the bloody team right. If you can't even play professional sports professionally, you are bound to lose.
We will win like champs and not like crooks.
We will win like champs and not like crooks.
Doing something within the rules is not cheating or being crook. Claiming a bump ball as catch (which Aussies did last time we toured) is, denying a batsman a well deserved century by asking your bowler to bowlno-ball is, claiming you called heads when you are caught on record saying "tails" just coz the ref couldn't hear properly is. This mode of dismissal is not that different from stumpings or run-outs. I wonder what Lankans would have done if the match was in balance with our batsmen backing up too far, or if the same had happened in the WC :hmmm: You know what, I have a pretty fair idea what Lankans would have done considering Sanga the Whinga and Dilshan are in that team.
Doing something within the rules is not cheating or being crook. Claiming a bump ball as catch (which Aussies did last time we toured) is, denying a batsman a well deserved century by asking your bowler to bowlno-ball is, claiming you called heads when you are caught on record saying "tails" just coz the ref couldn't hear properly is. This mode of dismissal is not that different from stumpings or run-outs. I wonder what Lankans would have done if the match was in balance with our batsmen backing up too far, or if the same had happened in the WC :hmmm: You know what, I have a pretty fair idea what Lankans would have done considering Sanga the Whinga and Dilshan are in that team.
You are technically correct. Mankad-ed is just another mode of dismissal and can be legally implemented without any warning or such. But a lot of things in cricket are governed by tradition, and people who hold a different view than yours in this matter (like me) care for that tradition. I got livid when Randiv bowled that no-ball to Sehwag at 99, I was surprised by the toss fiasco at the world cup final, and for the very same reason I would not personally like or advocate such measures to win a game. Traditionally, Mankad-ed calls for a warning; and I would like that to happen. I would have liked India to 'Mankad' Tiramisu on the 2nd and the next umpteenth situations. But not on the first occasion. The ruthless Aussies have hardly ever Mankaded anyone if memory serves right, and I am sure in every match there surely arrives an opportunity to Mankad out someone, specially in the death overs; but most people don't do it.
You are technically correct. Mankad-ed is just another mode of dismissal and can be legally implemented without any warning or such. But a lot of things in cricket are governed by tradition, and people who hold a different view than yours in this matter (like me) care for that tradition. I got livid when Randiv bowled that no-ball to Sehwag at 99, I was surprised by the toss fiasco at the world cup final, and for the very same reason I would not personally like or advocate such measures to win a game. Traditionally, Mankad-ed calls for a warning; and I would like that to happen. I would have liked India to 'Mankad' Tiramisu on the 2nd and the next umpteenth situations. But not on the first occasion. The ruthless Aussies have hardly ever Mankaded anyone if memory serves right, and I am sure in every match there surely arrives an opportunity to Mankad out someone, specially in the death overs; but most people don't do it.
The warning piece made sense in earlier days where a quick single was unlikely to make much of a difference and when cricket was not as big a professional sport it is now. In shorter format a run or two, and advantage of backing up too far, can make the difference in the result. Plus the rule was re-introduced last year so it definitely was needed and not just a "spirit of cricket" item to talk about. Thirimanne should have known the rules just like he would for run-out or stumping, or even obstructing the field, and deserved to have been given out. I blame our "stars" Viru & SRT for withdrawing the appeal just so that they can look good instead of putting team interest ahead of their image.
The warning piece made sense in earlier days where a quick single was unlikely to make much of a difference and when cricket was not as big a professional sport it is now. In shorter format a run or two, and advantage of backing up too far, can make the difference in the result. Plus the rule was re-introduced last year so it definitely was needed and not just a "spirit of cricket" item to talk about. Thirimanne should have known the rules just like he would for run-out or stumping, or even obstructing the field, and deserved to have been given out. I blame our "stars" Viru & SRT for withdrawing the appeal just so that they can look good instead of putting team interest ahead of their image.
Had they not withdrawn the appeal, I would have blamed them for spoiling the country's image for a game of cricket. Also, a single run was equally important (as it is now) from the time ODI cricket was first time. I remember the Kapil-Kirsten incident pretty clearly, and even then every single run was important. 'Mankading' will be in the books of the spirit of cricket for a long, long time.
Had they not withdrawn the appeal, I would have blamed them for spoiling the country's image for a game of cricket. Also, a single run was equally important (as it is now) from the time ODI cricket was first time. I remember the Kapil-Kirsten incident pretty clearly, and even then every single run was important. 'Mankading' will be in the books of the spirit of cricket for a long, long time.
I would rather our players worry more about winning than the image.