Online Indian radio

flute202020

Hello guys, I am a new members, mostly in reading mode as of now. I wanted to check with you all if any one of you use any online radios at work? if yes, please suggest me something which is free and hassle free. I am looking for something with a host with good wit etc. I terribly miss Akashvani Vividh Bharti days.

^^^^ welcome aboard Flute. I cant say I hear any online radio at work, though I do listen to it mostly on my way to work. All american channels unfortunately since I work in USA. I do miss Indian Radio, Vividh Bharti was obviously a gem. Hawa Mahal being one of my favs. But the best radio programme had to be Cibaca(or if you are a purist Binaca) Geet Maala hosted by Ameen Sayani.

^^^^ welcome aboard Flute. I cant say I hear any online radio at work, though I do listen to it mostly on my way to work. All american channels unfortunately since I work in USA. I do miss Indian Radio, Vividh Bharti was obviously a gem. Hawa Mahal being one of my favs. But the best radio programme had to be Cibaca(or if you are a purist Binaca) Geet Maala hosted by Ameen Sayani.
lurker, thanks. yep, cibaca geet maala was the best. While monopoly is bad, having only one choice has its uses and one of them is the culture which develops around it. I vividly remember many evenings and sundays spent listening to AIR along with entire family.