Indian Gold Deposit Scheme

Zooter

Did this evil plan ever go through? I think back in 2000 or something, the State Bank of India was asking the population to deposit their gold with the bank. In it's place they would offer "interest bearing" certificates. Does anyone know if this plan was implemented??? :sad_smile:

Oh yeah, definately--I know how deeply Indians value their gold. This happened in the U.S. though during Roosevelt's era. It was a scam that the Bank of England dreamed up--where private American gold was almost forcibly collected (the way income taxes are in the U.S.) and stored in Fort Knox. What the American people don't know is that that gold was simply transferred from Kentucy (is it?) to England. And America lost HUGE gold reserves. The private bankers are up to it again--and India is no exception. It's a modern type of colonialism where gold is exchanged, ... ... stolen ... and transferred to some Western bank, and worthless pieces of paper are given in return. A scam, pure and simple.

Oh yeah, definately--I know how deeply Indians value their gold. This happened in the U.S. though during Roosevelt's era. It was a scam that the Bank of England dreamed up--where private American gold was almost forcibly collected (the way income taxes are in the U.S.) and stored in Fort Knox.
Haha, I see you've seen the money masters too :D .. Old documentary but very pertinent.

Haha' date=' I see you've seen the money masters too :D .. Old documentary but very pertinent.[/quote'] Hellz yeah--a while ago. :giggle: I was the guy peddling it on this forum not too long ago. I don't know if people actually took my advice and watched it.