Harry potter and the deathly hallows

Zap_Brannigan

Got the book on Saturday and finished reading it....Its 750+ pages.I had to spend my entire weekend reading it,not cos i wanted to finish reading in 2 days but bcos i was afraid that it will be spoiled soon. Good read.Not as good as Half-blood prince but it tied everything up nicely. I was expecting more twists and more new characters but that wasn't to be. Anyway,since when did fiction books become so expensive. The last Harry potter book i bought was about 15$,this one was 40$. Huge Spoiler. Albus severus Potter.......I pity the kid with that name End Spoiler.

I never read the books in order cos i got into the series pretty late.......right after Half-blood prince came out. I read 6 first(had seen 1st 3 movies),then 4 and 5 and went back to 1,2 and 3. The 1st 5 books are basically standalone, you dont need to read them to understand the entire story arc. But i would recommend that you read 6 before 7.They are more like 1 story divided into 2 books.

I also started reading the series late....started with reading the series from the 4th book, then I read the 5th, then the first 3, then the 6th one and now the 7th. I'd pre-ordered my copy of Deathly Hallows back in Feb, so got it at half-price (about $18). I'm almost done with it, should finish it tonight....great read so far, everything has been summed up very well.

never seen the potter movie or read the book... are they seriously worth it?
Obviously it depends. The harry potter series is the only fiction i've read more than once...I think i've read Half blood price atleast 5 times. And the new one is also the only book i have read in 1 sit through(2 if you count sleeping)...750 pages is not a joke. I got the 1st 3 movie DVDs,3 books and a videogame...A couple of years back, i was asking my friends who were into Harry potter the same thing. I Have a friend who has LOTR anything on collection edition.......books,moives..but couldn't get into HP and i couldn't get into LOTR series.