Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Exactly, I am not able to understand this psychology. Whole my life I have only said good words about Indian great batsman, be it Amarnath, Vishi, Azhar, Dravid, LAxman but the moment I say anything good for Sachin a whole brigade comes to paint me oh bhakth , how can you say this? Remember in Perth when Mcgrath bowled from pavilion end and wind was blowing westerly Sachin got out cheaply and some xyz made 100 there so I would take him before Sachin. Take man you can take in your dream who ever you want. No body is going to take care what you have thought of Sachin, they will only remember what Don Bradman, Viv Richards, Lara think about this man not you. But for a basic cricket fan who has played cricket till a certain level, knows exactly that who should be taken. Who has got best technique? Who has the best footwork? Who has the best Stance? Who plays the best Straight Drive? Who brought innovations in cricket like Pedal Sweep, hitting over third man without compromising on basic technique? You know what people here have heard from some critics that Dravid has the best technique but nobody has ever asked that critic why do Dravid jumps on rising delivery and with loose hand pushes the ball down and starts running in which book this technique is written?No where is the answer. Dravid had this weakness and this was the best he came up with. Now the same delivery what SAchin did, he innovated a new shot above slip towards boundary of third man. Forget about rest they will either leave the ball or play a cross bat shot. Now I know to whom to take in my team if there is crunch situation and who will be more effective.

Lurekr, I have nothing but respect for you and Outsider. Your opinions defer from mine and we might not agree to most things whcih is fine. I also do have immense respect for the way you stick up to the legends like Kapil and Gavaskar whom you are fan of. I dont believe I have ever responded rudely to the posts of either of you
MTC, The appreciation is mutual. I see you as a Sachin fan but one of the level heades ones. That being said, All Politics are local and all posts are personal. I certainly appreciate you sticking up for Sachin, and I also agree that some would take shots at Sachin. But isn't it equally true that even the sane Sachin fans, like you, by and large keep themselves to Sachin? Dont take it personally but why don't I ever see a Sachin fan celebrating a past great? Forget Don, even Viv Richards is supposedly one of those glorified by English writers and having an average of 23 in last 17 innings when batting 2nd when wind moved Eastwards. When was the last time a Sachin-bhakt opened a thread celebrating Patsy Hendren? Or Polly Umrigar? Just does not happen, does it now? You can probably change that, maybe you can move away from just being a (blind ) Sachin fan and celebrate the non-Sachin players too. :winky:
You know the sad part Lurker. In the process of this partisanship attitude' date=' the beauty of the game, the way it has evolved, the appreciation and the gentleman game - [b']everything's lost. I feel sad for the game, in this aspect.
Nope, not quite. The only thing that happens with such appreciation is it makes certain Indian fans look retarded, which they rightfully are. Hobbs is the greatest batsman of his time, that is done and dusted fact. And he is considered one of the best batsman of all time. Now when that assertion of him being one of the best is made, the only person who pips him is Don. Sachin Tendulkar doesnt enter the picture. Last week itself CI had articles by Ian Chappell, Rob Steen who clearly picked Lara as the best batsman of this generation. We can disagree with that but fact remains that SRT-Lara and often Ponting are touted as the best of this generation. On the other hand Bradman and Hobbs were undisputed Kings. End of story, end of discussion. xxx
Exactly, I am not able to understand this psychology. Whole my life I have only said good words about Indian great batsman, be it Amarnath, Vishi, Azhar, Dravid, LAxman but the moment I say anything good for Sachin a whole brigade comes to paint me oh bhakth , how can you say this? Remember in Perth when Mcgrath bowled from pavilion end and wind was blowing westerly Sachin got out cheaply and some xyz made 100 there so I would take him before Sachin. Take man you can take in your dream who ever you want. No body is going to take care what you have thought of Sachin, they will only remember what Don Bradman, Viv Richards, Lara think about this man not you. But for a basic cricket fan who has played cricket till a certain level, knows exactly that who should be taken. Who has got best technique? Who has the best footwork? Who has the best Stance? Who plays the best Straight Drive? Who brought innovations in cricket like Pedal Sweep, hitting over third man without compromising on basic technique? You know what people here have heard from some critics that Dravid has the best technique but nobody has ever asked that critic why do Dravid jumps on rising delivery and with loose hand pushes the ball down and starts running in which book this technique is written?No where is the answer. Dravid had this weakness and this was the best he came up with. Now the same delivery what SAchin did, he innovated a new shot above slip towards boundary of third man. Forget about rest they will either leave the ball or play a cross bat shot. Now I know to whom to take in my team if there is crunch situation and who will be more effective.
Sire, Sachin is a great batsman; arguably the best of this era. Yes, he does have near-perfect technique. I doubt most sensible people in this thread deny it. It's off-the- top fanatism which probably is throwing some people off. Now, understand were some posters are coming from. This thread was created to make fun of Hobbs technique and to show he's not as good as modern batsmen. What happens next? Your post says it all. What you feel about Sachin, is exactly how some may feel about yesteryear greats - Indian or non Indian. Hence, when posting I think one must be sensitive to other's opinions, views. Else, we won't be much different than any average Paki troll. Therefore, I believe you have said this on one of the earlier threads too - comparison of techniques etc. across eras is near impossible.
Lurekr, I have nothing but respect for you and Outsider. Your opinions defer from mine and we might not agree to most things whcih is fine. I also do have immense respect for the way you stick up to the legends like Kapil and Gavaskar whom you are fan of. I dont believe I have ever responded rudely to the posts of either of you On the other hand, I cannot stand oppurtunistic people who have a one point agenda, to bring down Sachin a few notches. IMO, the minute someone starts looking at part of a player instead of the whole, start looking at bits of pieces (strike rate, crunch etc) and use their own made up defnitions and criterias (pressure, when most needed, etc) you are being dishonest with yourself. There are a 100 such things which form a part of batting, and no batsman can top in all 100. However, the better batsman is one who stands out in most Some Pakistani fans have very successfully used similar selective stats and defnitions to succesfully prove that Inzamam was a much better batsman than Laxman, Dravid and Sachin combined. And I dont know why that cannot be true if everything we say in this thread about Sachin is true, after all they are using the same logic None of these have to do with the original topic in contention of course. Dunno if you have noticed, have never claimed Sachin is better than the Don
How about the following two posts from me (and one of them in response to your post) which maybe will somehow help you fgure what my "agenda" is. Coz you seem to act like an ostrich with head buried in sand who doesn't get anything other than "Oh look! He's bashing Sachin" Maybe if you take of your Sachin fanboy hat, you may be able to figure some of the stuff out...
Pls show me an instance where I have agreed with Ponka. I don't and just as I don't respond to every post I don't agree with (along with many others) doesn't mean I agree with him. As I mentioned in one of my posts in another thread (probably regarding Sachin's presence in the odi team), I used to admire him a lot and he used to be my favorite cricketer in 90s but to me Indian cricket comes first. Yes I am disappointed at the 0-8 debacle as any Indian fan should be but what has p*ssed me off are three things :- 1. No changes made in the change even after 0-4 and then going 0-2 in Aus. Once we were down 0-2 in Aus it made no sense to go with the 3 seniors and at the very least Laxman and Dravid should have been dropped to give Rohit and Rahane a chance in the last two tests. I don't blame Sachin alone for the debacle and the team selection but I did criticize him for his performances just like most members of the Indian team. 2. Lack of accountability or responsibility from selectors and senior players - VVS, Dravid and SRT know fully well they won't be dropped by Indian selectors, and majority of the blame goes to the board and selectors which has been discussed in detail in various threads and posts. But I would have hoped that the senior players would see the sense in retiring at age of 40 instead of continuing since India doesn't travel for the next 2 years, but what I've seen or heard so far (VVS, Dravid making no retirement calls after the Test series and SRT playing in Asia Cup) leads me to believe that all the 3 seniors intend to play at home for the next 2 years and leave India in a wors position, if possible, when the team goes on an away tour in 2013. IMO every Indian fan should raise their concerns as it will be 0-8 again in 2 years if the seniors don't make way for youngsters now. Am I not correct in questioning the sense of responsibility of the Indian seniors towards the team? As I said most of the blame goes at selectors and board's feet but surely the 3 seniors should have some sense of responsibility as well. 3. Picking and choosing games (odis) - This is the main item I don't agree with and have criticized Sachin for. In fact that's why I started the thread "WHy SRT is in odi team?" and haven't created any other threads regarding SRT. To me a player picking and choosing games, and putting himself above the game and team deserves to be called out. SRT missed 3 or 4 odi series before deciding to play the tri-series, and is now playing even Asia Cup What for? He won the world cup, is 39 and his performance level is going down. So why is he still playing odis selectively? To me it looks as if he's doing so coz he wasn't able to reach the 100th 100 and is now playing odis to reach the landmark. Sorry but that's how I see it. To you and other Sachin fans it may not be such a big deal but to me the team is disrupted every time he walks into the team and then out. He sits out 3 series and when the team has decided its best combination, he suddenly decides to play a series and the team combination simply goes out the window. Now everyone needs to bat at a different place and it's as if it's a new team. Why should we continue to witness such a scenario when someone treats the team as his personal fiefdom? Would Aussies have allowed Ponting to pick and choose the odi series/games he wanted to play? If Ponting had tried to do so he would have been kicked out of the team long ago. As I mentioned earlier, SRT was is one of the ATG and I would put him in the top 3 India has produced after Kapil and Gavaskar, but for me the team comes first and currently he's harming the team and not helping as I mentioned in item #3. To me he has no future in odis, and in Tests he should go by end of this year at max to give the team to rebuild before they start touring away in 2 years' time.
Coz out here it's a "shoot the messenger" mentality. In fact in one of the threads I was termed a Paki Anyone who has seen my posts/threads over the time since I have been on this forum would know where I stand regarding the accusation. Just because I picked Indian team over SRT seems to be the bone of contention for me. To me a strong Indian team, and good performances by the team is all that matters. Sure SRT helped in doing so over the years but his time is done and I don't agree with the fact that we have to carry him coz "he has done so much for India over the years". My response to that is that he is a professional sportsperson and he didn't do anyone any favors. He was paid for those wins and he's one of the richest and most popular persons in India, and across the world, because of the same. Indian cricket and team doesn't owe him anything. Would a company where you worked for 20 years still keep you when you become redundant or a liability just because you were loyal and in the organization for 20 years? I don't think so and I am applying the same logic with SRT. By the way even Laxman and Dravid's time is up but somehow people don't have any problems with that part, but if someone says anything about SRT all hell breaks loose. At the end it's pretty simple - I don't want to go through the 0-8 humiliation. EVER. But to me we are heading the same route if SRT and other seniors continue to play at home another 2 years before the away series. Is it too wrong to wish well of a team which you support or it's ok for people to endure another 0-8 as long as SRT is in the team?
Nope, not quite. The only thing that happens with such appreciation is it makes certain Indian fans look retarded, which they rightfully are. Hobbs is the greatest batsman of his time, that is done and dusted fact. And he is considered one of the best batsman of all time. Now when that assertion of him being one of the best is made, the only person who pips him is Don. Sachin Tendulkar doesnt enter the picture. Last week itself CI had articles by Ian Chappell, Rob Steen who clearly picked Lara as the best batsman of this generation. We can disagree with that but fact remains that SRT-Lara and often Ponting are touted as the best of this generation. On the other hand Bradman and Hobbs were undisputed Kings. End of story, end of discussion. xxx
:two_thumbs_up: Contrary to what others think though, true cricket fans will always appreciate good cricket; be it Sachin, Viv, Hobbs or Bradman.
Sire, Sachin is a great batsman; arguably the best of this era. Yes, he does have near-perfect technique. I doubt most sensible people in this thread deny it. It's off-the- top fanatism which probably is throwing some people off. Now, understand were some posters are coming from. This thread was created to make fun of Hobbs technique and to show he's not as good as modern batsmen. What happens next? Your post says it all. What you feel about Sachin, is exactly how some may feel about yesteryear greats - Indian or non Indian. Hence, when posting I think one must be sensitive to other's opinions, views. Else, we won't be much different than any average Paki troll. Therefore, I believe you have said this on one of the earlier threads too - comparison of techniques etc. across eras is near impossible.
Thanks for the kind words, you are absolutely correct when you are saying comparison of technique across era is not possible the batting technique which you need while playing Donald and Mcgrath in SA condition during 90's would be very different to what we need in IPL today. MAy be nowa days bottom hand comes into picture much more often. But saying this I would also say that there are certain basics of batting watch Gavaskar or Richards as to how they came close to ball and never played any shot away from body, while playing any ball which is pitch short how they always moved his right feet towards off stump,you will find these similarities in Sachin and KAllis also may be they have changed their batting style to suit modern day competition but still the basics are similar. Now if this video is what Hobbs want to show his technique there are many faults in the technique which are really evident but still its a video of how he taught guys of playing may be while played in real test he was different. That is what my assumption is. Otherwise he is in the same league of Miandad, Dhoni, Sehwag etc not Sachin, Richards, Dravid.
So now that your main gang leader has arrived ... I guess you are now reverting back to "Hobbs is the best batsman of all time" theme song ? :hmmm:
No, my favorite past time - finding inconsistencies amongst your words. :winky: Also, unfortunately for you I never said that. Now, you can get back to masturbating on SRT. :two_thumbs_up:
Thanks for the kind words, you are absolutely correct when you are saying comparison of technique across era is not possible the batting technique which you need while playing Donald and Mcgrath in SA condition during 90's would be very different to what we need in IPL today. MAy be nowa days bottom hand comes into picture much more often. But saying this I would also say that there are certain basics of batting watch Gavaskar or Richards as to how they came close to ball and never played any shot away from body, while playing any ball which is pitch short how they always moved his right feet towards off stump,you will find these similarities in Sachin and KAllis also may be they have changed their batting style to suit modern day competition but still the basics are similar. Now if this video is what Hobbs want to show his technique there are many faults in the technique which are really evident but still its a video of how he taught guys of playing may be while played in real test he was different. That is what my assumption is. Otherwise he is in the same league of Miandad, Dhoni, Sehwag etc not Sachin, Richards, Dravid.
Folks like WG Grace and Hobbs actually were the first ones to discover some of the basics, you are referring to. To know more about Hobbs in particular, please read - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/155470.html
Your gang leader did say those words and you were found doing this --> :two_thumbs_up: ... unless in the world of old era lunatic fans since they are born opposite it means this --> :thumbs_down:
I love this, I just love this. At some level, I feel sad for you ; wondering what it may be like in that lonely little mind clutching on to every little straw of hope, which is going to be snatched away too. But, I've got to play my role. I've already shattered a few hopes and I need to do more. I've asked you to stay clear while twisting words to prove your preposterous points and, given my past record on detecting them you need to catch up. Here's what Lurker posted -
Hobbs is the greatest batsman of his time, that is done and dusted fact. And he is considered one of the best batsman of all time. Now when that assertion of him being one of the best is made, the only person who pips him is Don. Sachin Tendulkar doesnt enter the picture.
Now, using the magical powers of logical deduction let me break the gestalt for paranoid schizophrenics - Hobbs is "one of the best" of all time Hobbs is "best of his era" Don is better than Hobbs if he were to pick "one of the best" of all time. Please mind the quotes. Lurker, Am I reading your post correctly mate? Now, here's what a paranoid schizophrenic deduces of Lurker's post
I guess you are now reverting back to "Hobbs is the best batsman of all time" theme song ?
Not once did any of us mention "best of all time". So, either you require a pair of reading glasses or a copy of Wren & Martin. Oh no, none of them would work. Chemical locha hai dost! You've disappointed me mate. It's just getting too easy for me. It's now time for me to change gears and go slow. It's time to shift to Tapatalk on my iPad ( i've already done it).
basics such as how to grip the bat and how to leave a 4ft gap between bad and pad ? :hmmm:
Bravo, what a great summary of Wisden's obituary tribute to Jack Hobbs. Sachin Tendulkar's would read - the "nearly man", someone who couldn't just stand up in crunch situations amongst his less-illustrious contemporaries.
lol ... what does this tidbit by your gang leader mean to you : Does it mean SRT > JH to you or what ?
It means you were found out playing with words as since the start of the saga. As and when it happens, you start your post wih "lol". Check back some others in the same thread. Also, whatever the ranking - to me personally it doesn't mean anyone is the "best of all time" as you're trying to allege I did.
dude , not long ago you were not even willing to accord the status of "All time Great" or just a "Great batsman" .. remember ?
Never was I willing to accord an ATG but "great in an era" I have. There's some difference in the two. I know it's difficult to understand but the world is a difficult place and one has to survive. OnO