Oye !!!

Zooter

Little prediction here ... ... ... ... ... what if the Saffie bowlers have a plan to "pull a Shoaib" tomorrow?? No--I don't mean coke-fueled gay sex. I mean, threaten the opposition with pace, but use slower-paced swing to take wickets (the way Shoaib did against England in Pak.)??? I hope our boys have the mindset to expect the unexpected.

Re: Oye !!!

Little prediction here ... ... ... ... ... what if the Saffie bowlers have a plan to "pull a Shoaib" tomorrow?? No--I don't mean coke-fueled gay sex. I mean, threaten the opposition with pace, but use slower-paced swing to take wickets (the way Shoaib did against England in Pak.)???
Slower-paced swing ? They only have one bowler who can do that - Langeveldt. He gave a fantastic display of swing bowling in an ODI at Kolkata last winter. He was generating prodigious swing and floating it through the air...the highlight of a very productive spell of his being an absolutely gorgeous late-swinging delivery which clean bowled an in-form Rahul Dravid. and he can bowl these jaffas at a very decent pace too ! I rate this bloke very highly. The Indian batsmen will really need to work their @rses off against him, and the others. SA have great variety in their bowling attack, and this makes them a very difficult side to score off. Pollock is gun-barrel straight with his line, and Ntini usually bowls incoming deliveries. Nel can generate disconcerting bounce on any surface, and he always makes a nuisance of himself. Langeveldt can swing it miles. Hall and Kallis can keep it tight against the best of them. It's a very well-balanced and incisive bowling attack, especially in these conditions.

Re: Oye !!! Yup, Charl(es) Langeveldt is the fellow I was thinking about. Pollock isn't as arm-ballish as you describe though--he plays off the seam really well. I was just thinking that we ought not to expect that every other delivery will be fast and bouncy (the way Shoaib and Co. were doing when we toured Pak. in our previous encounter). But yeah, ... this is gonna be a tough series. Even if Indian bowling does well, ... ... it's our batting that's been exposed.

Re: Oye !!!

Yup, Charl(es) Langeveldt is the fellow I was thinking about. Pollock isn't as arm-ballish as you describe though--he plays off the seam really well.
zoote, poolock alwayz do well against India in gangulyz absense.. and specially playing at home. he might come as important to his team as he he was in 1996 series against India.. he hasnt been a big thing in past couple of years, but is surely a person whom ppl say " u keep a coin on pitch and he will throw the ball on it.."

Re: Oye !!! i wouldnt call their incisive literally, without Steyn and wiytth jus ntini as striker.... but they have very good control backed up by excellent fielding tht w will lose wickets when we try to accelerate.... to put in other words,, it will be easier to get to 120 for 3 off 35 than 100-4 of 20....