Lara V Tendulkar

Why the hell is everyone taking D_TW seriously???
Well, internet debates show that human beings are more gullible than one would think of. There are so many threads where you can clearly see that OP is trying to rile up certain section of posters and next moment you can see those posters are getting riled up. I have seen a lot of supposedly intelligent posters falling for these kind of baits.

More opinions of former players: McGrath rates Lara just ahead of Tendulkar Reuters) - Australia pace bowler Glenn McGrath rated West Indian Brian Lara just ahead of India's Sachin Tendulkar among the batsmen he has bowled against in a 14-year international career. McGrath, 37, will follow Lara into international retirement after Saturday's World Cup final against Sri Lanka. Lara quit after his team lost to England in the final Super Eights match. "There's been quite a few who on their day that have done well and obviously the two standouts are Brian and Sachin," he told a news conference on Friday. "I feel from bowling to those two guys that probably Brian was slightly in front of Sachin when they were both at their peak."

Well' date=' internet debates show that human beings are more gullible than one would think of. There are so many threads where you can clearly see that OP is trying to rile up certain section of posters and next moment[b'] you can see those posters are getting riled up. I have seen a lot of supposedly intelligent posters falling for these kind of baits.
I try to do that to D_TW in the Sreesanth thread and then everyone has fun reading his funny posts :hysterical:
More opinions of former players: McGrath rates Lara just ahead of Tendulkar Reuters) - Australia pace bowler Glenn McGrath rated West Indian Brian Lara just ahead of India's Sachin Tendulkar among the batsmen he has bowled against in a 14-year international career. McGrath, 37, will follow Lara into international retirement after Saturday's World Cup final against Sri Lanka. Lara quit after his team lost to England in the final Super Eights match. "There's been quite a few who on their day that have done well and obviously the two standouts are Brian and Sachin," he told a news conference on Friday. "I feel from bowling to those two guys that probably Brian was slightly in front of Sachin when they were both at their peak."
but but but McGrath also said this... For me, it's Tendulkar. Both are class acts but I am saying this because I have had more success against Lara than I have against Tendulkar. I think I have a fair idea of what Lara likes and doesn't like and I feel I can make his life at the crease very uncomfortable. He is vulnerable outside the off-stump early on and is not as tight as Tendulkar in defense. I would go for Tendulkar as the best in the world." what the.... :blink:

Tendulkar has all the records, but Lara is better: Murali By CricketCountry Staff London: Oct 25, 2011 Legendary Sri Lanka spinner Muttiah Muralitharan opines that even though Sachin Tendulkar is ahead of every batsman in terms of runs scored and centuries hit, the great West Indies batsman Brian Lara is better than him. "Statistics-wise he may be but there are better players such as Ricky Ponting while Brian Lara is the best player that has ever been. When I bowled, I always found Brian Lara difficult,” Murali said.

"Sachin started playing at the age of 16. And at 38 now' date=' we have not seen a better player. Sachin is the best batsman in the world"-Brain Lara.[/quote'] Somehow Lara's fans don't think Lara qualifies to actually make that statement, his understanding of cricket is not deep enough and that they qualify better and have a better understanding of the game than Lara himself, so their opinion supersedes that of Lara himself. In short, what the hell Lara knows? His fans know better.
"Sachin started playing at the age of 16. And at 38 now' date=' we have not seen a better player. Sachin is the best batsman in the world"-Brain Lara.[/quote'] oh i guess he has to say that, or else his chances of playing in ipl will be thrashed , further he will have 1/6th population of the world as his enemy :--D
oh i guess he has to say that' date=' or else his chances of playing in ipl will be thrashed , further he will have 1/6th population of the world as his enemy :--D[/quote'] Exactly. It's a bit like Warne saying Murali was best and Murali saying opposite which has happened! Lara is hardly going to say I am the best :cantstop:
No one ever takes DTW seriously :giggle: Even he does not take himself seriously. Hope he doesn't get bashed up by Sreesanth if they ever meet up :giggle:
He is my favourite bowler, more chance he will beat the **** out of you when he sees your disgusting avatar :mad: Maybe you can ask Praveen for help, more likely he will threaten again to put a stump up an indian fans ass :cantstop:

Very good point by Wasim Akram: "I have bowled to both Tendulkar and Lara and I have found Lara more attacking. Tendulkar has a tighter technique, no doubt, but Lara can single-handedly win the game for his team. I am not saying Tendulkar cannot do it but Lara has maybe done it more often than him." So true! Lara is more deadly. Tendu can be silenced. Tinydu lovers point to his chennai century v england, completely overlooking the fact it was Viru who set that game up and destroyed england. Tendu and UV finished the game. The fact that this is seen as one of his best match winnings innnings on a flat pitch with no pressure is scary indeed.