The Lion's Den "The KINGS XI PUNJAB thread"

Sir john

Your Punjab boys call Yuvi a Punjab reject' date=' so no 2nd team or anything :giggle:[/quote'] Read what I wrote once again. Infact even last year, a lot of Punjabis supported Pune because of Yuvi primarily. Why would you have a problem with it? Aren't you a bengauli supporting Pune cuz of Ganguly ?

Did the Marathe not lose the Panipat war. It was infact the Sikhs under Maharaja Ranjit Singh that they would take over all over to Peshawar to the hills of Himalyas. Anyhow, this is not a history thread. Go take this elsewhere.
Not before they rescued the punjab There was collateral damage in the 3rd war of panipat thanks to lack of support from the lions. And it was the marathas that captured delhi for the first time from the mughsls and put the flag over attock.. Its all in wiki:winky: I only brought history since some lion questioned the warrior status:winky:

Read what I wrote once again. Infact even last year, a lot of Punjabis supported Pune because of Yuvi primarily. Why would you have a problem with it? Aren't you a bengauli supporting Pune cuz of Ganguly ?
a) Please go through the entire thread to see what has already been said and why history is being brought up. b) I have no problems with Punjabis supporting Pune; in fact, I want people from all corners of the country to support Pune :winky: c) I know every 'gali' of Pune, and that's the reason I am supporting it. Not the kind of support many of your Punjabi brothers are lending without even stepping into the city. I share an intimate relationship with Pune. :om: d) Don't take IPL banter that seriously.

Hmmm....I don't think Marathas rescued Punjab....Abdali kept on attacking even after Panipat Did the Marathe not decline after that? Abdali with his local Muslim support killed thousands of old men and women in what is called the genocide of Sikhs. Despite all this, it was the Sikhs who would eventually turn his men down and take over all over Punjab. There is a story how Abdali and his men destroyed the Golden temple and filled up the pool with mud. The Sikhs would then take their revenge and make his men dig out the mud and fill it with water. Sikh history is very rich and there and hundreds of stories of valor and courage despite being against all the odds. Showing mutual respect does not hurt.

Hmmm....I don't think Marathas rescued Punjab....Abdali kept on attacking even after Panipat and it was the Sikhs who would eventually turn his men down. Did the Marathe not decline after that? There is a story how Abdali and his men destroyed the Golden temple and filled up the pool with mud. The Sikhs would then take their revenge and make his men dig out the mud and fill it with water. Sikh history is very rich and there and hundreds of stories of valor and courage despite being against the odds. Showing mutual respect does not hurt.
What you think is immaterial. You want to have your version of history then so be it. And I am not disrespecting anyone or anything simply defending what somebody said..

Hmmm....I don't think Marathas rescued Punjab....Abdali kept on attacking even after Panipat Did the Marathe not decline after that? Abdali with his local Muslim support killed thousands of old men and women in what is called the genocide of Sikhs. Despite all this, it was the Sikhs who would eventually turn his men down and take over all over Punjab. There is a story how Abdali and his men destroyed the Golden temple and filled up the pool with mud. The Sikhs would then take their revenge and make his men dig out the mud and fill it with water. Sikh history is very rich and there and hundreds of stories of valor and courage despite being against all the odds. Showing mutual respect does not hurt.
Masterji, why don't you just go through the thread to see who started all this rubbish and discipline your juvenile students after that.

For the lion hearted question, Sikhs have sacrificed a lot and fought with great courage. History is evidence of that. The two little sons of Guru Gobind Singh, the Sahibzadey aged less than 10 years were bricked alive by Wazir Khan as they refused to convert to Islam. 67450_170649636281955_153819291298323_608265_795614_n.jpg This is the courage we're talking about. :hail:

I do not think I stated anything about others not having courage. My point is that the Sikhs have a great history and they're very much proud of it. It is you and the trolls coming here in the KXIP thread and trolling. I hope you see the difference.

I do not think I stated anything about others not having courage. My point is that the Sikhs have a great history and they're very much proud of it. It is you and the trolls coming here in the KXIP thread and trolling. I hope you see the difference.
Now if you guys cannot understand humor,how is it my fault ? :dontknow:

Jeez it was just banter. No one in their right frame of mind would ever question the bravery on either side... let's just stick to cricket before this thread turns into a "history" lesson.

Masterji, you are a troll yourself, aren't you? Otherwise why would you pretend to be innocent and jump in the middle without seeing the context?

The Sikhs have a great history. They only took up arms after the 5th Guru, Guru Arjun Dev Ji was burnt alive by the Muslims. The the concept of Sant Sipahi came into the Sikh philosophy meaning The Saint Soldier. Guru Gobind Singh would further transform self belief into the local population and fight for their rights despite always being outnumbered and against all odds. Sawa lakh se ek ladaoun tabhi Guru Gobind Singh naam kehlaoun :hail:

The concept of Langar, the free kitchen introduced by the Gurus where everybody of all casts would sit together and eat together. The concept of giving aid without discrimination as per Bhai Kanhaiya who would give water after battle even to the enemy. 300px-BhaiKhaniya.jpg This is the meaning of courage. :hail:

The Sikhs have a great history. They only took up arms after the 5th Guru, Guru Arjun Dev Ji was burnt alive. The the concept of Sant Sipahi came into the Sikh philosophy meaning The Saint Soldier. Guru Gobind Singh would further transform self belief into the local population and fight for their rights despite always being outnumbered and against all odds. Sawa lakh se ek ladaoun tabhi Guru Gobind Singh naam kehlaoun :hail:
Masterji is troll-king. Or is he a bot? :hmmm: