Germany criciticizes US - Saudi Arms Deal worth 20 Billion Dollar !

kumble_rocks

Software CC. Datawarehousing to be specific.
Okay. I'd say if you are looking to build your bank balance, consider relocating to the middle east (ie, Qatar/Bahrain/UAE) for a couple of years. I remember seeing job offers last year and Engineers started off at US$5000 monthly and datamanagement guys in software starting off at 4000...bear in mind this is tax-free income and i looked up only fresh-outta-college offers, not people who are experienced like you.

^^ I know what you mean CC. Yes there is a lot of money to be made in ME. I personally am not interested. I mean money doesnt drive me as such. Of course i get mad when I see my savings go down. Personally would want to make enough money to go back to India and do what I like - open a modern akhaara. :D

okay..just a suggestion though. I don't like the middle east either but hey, once you consider that you are bringing home 5000-7000 dollars a month, you don't pay rent ( likely to end up living in company housing,which arnt bad, really) and gas is like 20 cents a litre, i wouldn't mind going there for a couple of years to come back with 50-60 thousand dollars in the bank. If you wanna build up your savings i'd say go that route, convert your money into Euros and come back to Amrikka or go to India. :D

Guest dada_rocks

Point is on what basis then u castigated rss/vhp apropos this episode.. virtually nothing right.. yes I do know proclamation is nothing but at least that shows once desire but ur charges are totally baseless unless u find me sthg. U look like that psec historian who kept insisting there is scriptural support for beef-eating but could nto point out any.

Guest dada_rocks

They have faculty position with 100000 US dollar and no tax it's quite tempting but my wife will have to go under burqua:giggle:

Point is on what basis then u castigated rss/vhp apropos this episode..
personal experience. Me being from brahmin family extraction (and a former priest for a short while) leads to the automatic assumption on many people's part and 'tabh to pol khulti haye'.
yes I do know proclamation is nothing but at least that shows once desire
The question YOU raised was about doing something to expedite the comming of Mahadi. Then YOU quoted some proclamation nonsense and as i said, since when is 'talking' equal to 'doing something' ? I expect a retraction from you,since YOU have contradicted YOUR original stance by quoting 'talking' when YOU raised the point about 'doing'.
U look like that psec historian who kept insisting there is scriptural support for beef-eating but could nto point out any.
There is strong circumstantial evidence of meat-eating in ancient india- Ram,laxman,Arjun,yudhisthir, etc. ALL went hunting one time or another- you don't hunt unless you are gonna eat the meat or its just for fun. Since killing an animal just for fun is far more adharmic than killing it for food, i'd like to believe that yudhisthir,laxman,ram,krishna, etc. were meat eaters and not psychopathic killers killing life for fun.

They have faculty position with 100000 US dollar and no tax it's quite tempting but my wife will have to go under burqua:giggle:
Your wife will not have to go under burkha/hijab unless you are a dumb idiot and end up going to Saudi or Yemen. Qatar,Dubai,Bahrain are fairly liberal- its not uncommon to see Qatari/Dubai arab chicks wearing low cut blouses to give you a good peep at their boobs, nevermind the hijab.

Guest dada_rocks
personal experience. Me being from brahmin family extraction (and a former priest for a short while) leads to the automatic assumption on many people's part and 'tabh to pol khulti haye'. The question YOU raised was about doing something to expedite the comming of Mahadi. Then YOU quoted some proclamation nonsense and as i said, since when is 'talking' equal to 'doing something' ? I expect a retraction from you,since YOU have contradicted YOUR original stance by quoting 'talking' when YOU raised the point about 'doing'. There is strong circumstantial evidence of meat-eating in ancient india- Ram,laxman,Arjun,yudhisthir, etc. ALL went hunting one time or another- you don't hunt unless you are gonna eat the meat or its just for fun. Since killing an animal just for fun is far more adharmic than killing it for food, i'd like to believe that yudhisthir,laxman,ram,krishna, etc. were meat eaters and not psychopathic killers killing life for fun.
Ama yaar ham bhi brahmin hi hain sari ye nautanki wali expereince tumhi ko mil jata hai.. personal expereince or wo bhi your well . i rest my case. people hunt for fun too.. point was the socalled schollar was thumping desk saying there is beef-eating precedence, we are not talking about meat-eating specifically beef-eating. As it stands he could not find any he can't be faulted because there is none. Rama meat-eating argument at best is flimsy ( too many assumptions have been made to prove that point) and beef-eating one is pure bollocks.

point was the socalled schollar was thumping desk saying there is beef-eating precedence, we are not talking about meat-eating specifically beef-eating.
Well i dont know any instances (cirumstantial or categoric) depicting beef eating or even cow slaughter. In the mahabharata, Duryodhan STEALS the cows from Viraat, doesnt butcher them. So i'd like to see just what these scholars are basing their opinion before i even contemplate the idea.
Rama meat-eating argument at best is flimsy ( too many assumptions have been made to prove that point)
Yes, i agree it is not a water-tight case. Only circumstantial evidence is that he went hunting. Well, based on that, i'd prefer to think that he hunted for food rather than killing life just for the fun of it- that totally contradicts Rama's character- he specifically mentions ALL life to be sacred (when Laxman questions him on why he is giving full cremation rites to the fallen warriors of Ravan). So there rests only one other possible alternative for his hunting : he ate meat. I find that option to be far more palatable than Ram being a psycho killing for the fun of it.

The topics that we get into are not easy topics that can be handled in a few posts. As such nobody is forcing you to have the discussion completed in a day or even a week ... you are more than welcome to take your time to respond. And I Await your rebuttal on why you consider those links as useless. I can similarly say your views are useless and baseless ... that would then be a mudslinging "he-said-she-said" contest .... instead of being a mature debate.
Instead of commentating on the OP which is fairly straightforward thing to do especially from someone who claims to be a straight shooter, you are trying deviate from the main topic here ! Why can't you just comment on the news article . After all this is a message board , not one on one chat session. And as regards to my rebuttal , we will definitely get back to the "Rajput and Mughal" thread later sometime.

Instead of commentating on the OP which is fairly straightforward thing to do especially from someone who claims to be a straight shooter' date=' you are trying deviate from the main topic here ! Why can't you just comment on the news article . After all this is a message board , not one on one chat session. And as regards to my rebuttal , we will definitely get back to the "Rajput and Mughal" thread later sometime.[/quote'] Dude,don't expect straight responses from him- he can't give you a straight response unless you play by his rules (which involves redirecting the question towards something irrelevant). Nothing more than an excuse for him to pontificate on his terms and if prodded to answer the points, flexes his dadagiri moderator muscles...all i'd say is don't expect bheem to play Sahadev or Yudhishtir and debate the nuances...let bheem do what bheem is good at- taking khaalee peele pangaa with everyone, including his superiors.

You assume too many things ..... hence trying to pre-empt the obvious merry-go-round .... Name the people and I will respond if my name is in there. If you dont want to name others let me know if that imaginary list includes me. I exactly know what my stand is on this issue and I dont do the "Sit-on-the-fence" natya ... that is quite popular here.
What am I assuming here Mate ? I have noticed that DR is the one who will usually respond and not indulge in "Sit-on-the-fence" natya . Not sure about you . And yes , your name is on the list , especially considering the fact that you are very generous in your comments pertaining to threads or posts which has anything to do with Islam and Muslims in general. On one hand , you will make blanket statements about other posters here insinuating that they have their head buried in the sand when it comes to facing facts and on the other hand you will brush of any wrong doings by Uncle Sam or Hindutva mouthpiece in the name of self interest yada yada yada. Get the drift mate. Clearly , me thinks you stand guilty as charged to the very allegations you make about others. Now , can you please respond to the news article at the very least ! And again I must add that it pains to me to take names here , especially of posters with whom I am generally friendly with including yourself !
its been more than a month atleast I think but I can surely wait for some more... and dont forget the "Tippu Sulatn = Hero" topic while you are at it. Pick any one you care.
Again , In case you haven't noticed by now, my life does not revolve around this message board. If it would have , I wouldn't have been doing justice to my professional career. Believe me, I am typing this post whilst attending a SAP training course.And I do fly on business trips abroad on short notice. So obviously I must have missed threads which needed my response before. And in any case , I don't indulge in ego trips when it comes to these silly debates. Seek the truth mate because that's what I intend to do !

Guest dada_rocks
Can you point me towards some posts where I approve of wrong doings by Uncle Sam or Hindutva waadis. thanks in advance.
KR just accept it u are accusing based on assumptions; BB never defended uncle sam's undesirable actions

Is that why I keep posting on these icky topics ? Is that why I keep reminding you of topics where you and your friends have made a quite escape from threads in the past ? And when was the last time you saw me switching fences ?
You are one big hypocrite arent you BB? On one hand you carefully chose to spell out - "Just who are you talking about here mate?" and in the same breath keep harping on you and your friends. Why dont you practice what you preach and go about naming people in every thread first?
nd heres my take on this .... I never said whatever USA does = Right that is your imagination on which I have no control over. They will continue to sell Arms to pretty much anybody that has big $$$$$ and they will laugh their ass off to the banks at the "Aadarshwaad" bakwaas every single time .. if their acts come as an obstacle to our (as in Indian) interests do what it takes to "protect our interests" but crying foul with a book of Gandhiwaad in your hand makes no difference at all. That is what Iam saying.
Damn you are becoming so predictable. Why dont you just type BB 2000 times and we shall all get what you are saying! Even for a topic which draws criticism from everyone else, including many of those who share your thoughts, you end up with adarshwaad bakwaas. It reminds me of an Indian person I knew. When he had to criticize Pakistan he would start(or end) by criticizing India. You Sir are exactly like that. Even when you have to criticize US you shall bring in India for no reason. What were those two words again, yeah self-loather. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

BB has a point USA is doing what it feels is right for them and so should we without being hindered by anything.

Lurker, I also said if he is not comfortable revealing others he should atleast let me know if I was in that list. and accordingly I did likewise. You have a problem ?
Yes I do. The problem is that you keep popping in these threads with "Just who are you talking about here". Fair enough I say. But then don't go about doing the same in your post either.
And what makes you think that I am not capable of a rasping oneliner ? Why does every debate have to be a slanging match Lurks ? Are we so immature that we cannot tolerate other POVs ? Relax dude you are faaar better than this. :omg_smile:
Alright I do realize I might have been a tad harsh there. My mistake. But my point remains, and feel free to counter this. To defend USA you more often than not end up chastising India, whats that about? Criticize India by all means but surely you are also smart enough to realize that on a lot of occassions you do drag India for no apparent reason. xxx

This allegation of defending US at the expense of India is a ludicrous one.... especially when that is levelled at me .... I will leave it for others who know me for a long time to comment.
Now that is neither here nor there. If anything it goes directly against your straight shooting philosphy. Regardless I have mentioned what I have based on what I have seen/observed. And if you read a few threads you will see that I am not alone.
What you are probably confusing with is that I advocate us to use these very similar policies to protect our interests but ofcourse when we have a mind set where "log kya kahenge ..." and "ye saab Adarshwaad ke virudh hai" philosophy have more subscribers ( we can have a entire state thnically cleansed which wont bother the adarshwaadi babus but thats a seperate issue)
No I am not confusing anything here. There is a right and there is a wrong. And as a country you have to at times do things which are not exactly right. I can live by that. What I can not live by is for a country to do consistently wrong in the garb of "national interest". Thats where you and I differ. xxx

It may not be common knowledge but Iran is also talking to/negotiating with India about Indian Navy establishing a base in bandar-Abbas. Just look up Bandar-Abbas on google and see how bloody strategic that town is- Amrikka would kill to establish a base there and Iran is offering it to us for $$.
Right. Just looked at Bandar-Abbas this has striked me with some other strategic importance and why RAW insisting for this port. Actually, recently Pakis have offerred Chinese a secret stake in Gawadar Port near Karachi. Presence of Chincommies combined with Pakis will seriously undermine India's security in a scenario of war. If I recall, in Bangladesh war, Indian Navy was virtually able to block Paki supply, but now after development of Gawadar Port by Chin-Pakis we will loose that strategic edge over Pak. So I think we should sincerely pursue bandar-abbas with Iran since it will make the things even and Navy can watch all activity from here. Now I must say India should never do the stupidity of ignoring Iran in favor of America. America will always think of "their' interest, while our biggest threat are Pakis combined with Chincommies.