Do we need a tour match now ?

Ram

I wanted Sree to have good practice but apparantly, he needed rest more than trying to set things rights for himself! Dhoni had his hands taped ridiculously during the second test. So obviously he needed to give it some time to heal and that is why we had Karthik keeping in this match. It is wonderful that Dravid spent some time in the middle, but to be honest, he never looked out of sorts and seemed to be in good touch during the tests too. Fringe bowlers haven't done too badly. The only concern now is, Dhoni's batting, Kumble lacking the sting in his bowling and Sree's wayward bowling!

Yes. 2003-04.
We had TWO warm up matches, against Sussex and England Lions. That is more than sufficient practice. In 2003-2004 , I think we may have had only one match before the first test. My actual point of contention is , the gap isnt because there was a supposed to be match , but becasue there was a huge gap , they put in a match.
No. we had two practice games before the series started ' date=' in 2003 too--with victoria and then with Queensland. See the fixture that I provided in my previous post![/quote'] But arent we beating around the bush here ? I say , there musnt have been such a long gap in the first place. Two wrongs dont make a right.

It depends upon the home side as to how the plan their home schedule. They can have some logic which we can't understand. If our board had objection, they should have raised it a year back when the schedule was sent to them. But obviously, when our board doesn't even bother checking the lodging arrangements, raising objection on a schedule, that too a year before, is too much of an ask for them!!!