Who has been the most dominant in their sport?

novpj

The game hasn't seen anyone like Federer or Woods - these guys have redefined the standard in their respective sports
IRRELEVANT. Infact it only bolsters my point that players in the future will only get better. Did tennis see a better player than Bjarne Borg when he played ? Same can be said about Sampras, Martina Navratilova or Steffi Graf. Just because these guys are great does not mean, future stars wont be better. Infact historical evidence points to the opposite.
LOL ! So now they went from being a school team to a school team when Pippen was injured :hysterical:
This is the thrid time in 24 hrs u have been jumping up & down, making ludicrous arguments, based on half baked assumptions about what i said.:cantstop: U did it twice yesterday, once assuming that i claimed Lara was a match winner and then another assuming that i claimed that big 4th innings chase is easy. Since u obviously have a problem in reading comprehension i suggest that u read this quote as many times as u see fit until u fully comprehend what i said.
At 37 the old man, literally carried a school team on his back & buried the Jazz to clinch a championship off his last shot
Obviously i was referring to the last game in which he buried the Jazz. Pls dont waste my time, continuing this trend. Feel free to ask, when in doubt.
You drool over Jordan's shot vs Jazz, so what did you think of Kerr hitting the winning shot in the finals the season before ? You obviously don't watch much basketball
Dang i was barely done asking u to stop making such roobish assumptions, there is another one already. Yeah i dont have a TV, i dont have an internet connection, i live in the Yosemite hills with cave men. I dont get to watch any sport, nor do i know much about any! You gotta be a genius to have guessed it right!:giggle:
The same ESPN guys think LeBron James is the new Jordan. Do you know who LeBron James is ? So much for the "only one Michael Jordan" argument
The media keeps hyping everyone as the next Jordan. They did it with Kobe, Allen Iverson & now Lebron. When he wins 6 championship rings & plays as well as Jordan at 37, we'll revisit this comment.
LMFAO. Even your cheap digs are WEAK. I call it like it see it - not my fault that most of your arguments tend to be "Roobish", "Preposterous" and "Nonsense" ! :hysterical:
Call it as u see it ? You obviously have a problem seeing it as i call it, as evidenced in your third roobish comment in 24 hrs. Help me and help yourself save some time.
Call it as u see it ? You obviously have a problem seeing it as i call it' date= as evidenced in your third roobish comment in 24 hrs. Help me and help yourself save some time.
hahaha. All the false laughter smilies don't add much to your vaccuous arguments. Dude, just admit it. You didn't know what you were talking about. First you said that Jordan "carried a school team on his back" (WTF) and then AFTER I TOLD YOU that it wasn't a school team, you back-peddle by claiming that it was only a "school team without Pippen". I am assuming that you typed these two statements while you were sober (correct me i wrong) but the fact is niether of them are even remotely true. Anyone who knows anything about ball knows that a team with players like Pippen, Rodman and Kerr is not even close to being a "school team". Try again.
hahaha. All the false laughter smilies don't add much to your vaccuous arguments. Dude, just admit it. You didn't know what you were talking about. First you said that Jordan "carried a school team on his back" (WTF) and then AFTER I TOLD YOU that it wasn't a school team, you back-peddle by claiming that it was only a "school team without Pippen". I am assuming that you typed these two statements while you were sober (correct me i wrong) but the fact is niether of them are even remotely true. Anyone who knows anything about ball knows that a team with players like Pippen, Rodman and Kerr is not even close to being a "school team". Try again.
U are amazing. Inspite of me quoting what i said & repeatedly clarifying what i wrote, u keep accusing me of back peddeling. And one more time for your read. If u still dont geddit, i give up.
At 37 the old man, literally carried a school team on his back & buried the Jazz to clinch a championship off his last shot
I know what i meant when i wrote this. If u assume (reading the above) that Jordan was carrying a school team the 6 times he won a championship it reflects your poor comprehension skills. Methinks, you have gotten to a point, where u are arguing for the heck of arguing. Too bad my comments in my prev post irked u, but u were asking for it. Even if i entertain your accusation for a sec, if u leave out Pippen & Jordan aside, and still think a side that comprises of Kukoc, Kerr, Rodman & Longley can beat even AN ARBITRARY NBA team consistently, u know jack shy.te about basketball. This is as close to a school team as possible. None of these guys did anything worthy after Jordan retired. And even Pippen was nothing great after Jordan retired. His post Jordan career, is indicative of how much better Jordan made his co-stars look, than they actually were. In all this quagmire of accusations and counter accusations, u missed the central point i was making, that, Jordan was greater than the individuals quoted in the OP. Simply put, tennis stars have been constantly getting better every decade. But in close to half a century of basketball, the game hasnt seen a guard better than Jordan. And there inlies, my argument.

It would be very difficult to pick just one player, most dominant. I can easily list atleast a dozen and still change the list the next time. Here are some of the dominant names: Bradman Michael Jordan Sergie Bubka Edwin Moses Bjorn Borg Florence Grifith Joyner Michael Phelps. There are just too many really. Can Mark Spitz's golden swim in 1972 Munich with 7 gold medals ever be bettered??? Can Michael Phelps 8 medals in 2004 Olympics be equalled?? Who was dominant over Nadiya Comaneci? WHo has dominated Federer. Nah I shall stay away from picking my favorite but they have all been great !

I know what i meant when i wrote this. If u assume (reading the above) that Jordan was carrying a school team the 6 times he won a championship it reflects your poor comprehension skills. .
Dude, any team with Rodman, Pippen, and Kerr on it isn't a school team. Stop trying to justify your statement, it just isn't true. Jordan never singlehandedly won any of those NBA Championships. That is what i make of your statement. That was the entire premise of your argument
None of these guys did anything worthy after Jordan retired.
Errr...Pippen reached the Western Conference finals with the Blazers, made the play-offs in every season he was there. Steve Kerr won two NBA Championships with the Spurs ('99, '03). Nothing noteworthy at all, eh. ...and i am supposed to be the one who knows jacksh*t about ball. Nice. :haha:
Errr...Pippen reached the Western Conference finals with the Blazers, made the play-offs in every season he was there. Steve Kerr won two NBA Championships with the Spurs ('99, '03). Nothing noteworthy at all, eh. ...and i am supposed to be the one who knows jacksh*t about ball. Nice. :haha:
You are talking as if Pippen & Kerr took their respective teams to championships, so what next ? Robert Horry took LA to consecutive championships ? You sure know quite a bit of basket ball :giggle: Pippen ran like a wuss from Houston Rockets to a BETTER team. Portland already had an all star lineup in Stoudamire, Isiah Rider, Brian Grant and Rasheed Wallace. Add Arvydas Sabonis, the center who could shoot 3 pointers and Bonzi wells, they were good enuff without Pippen to make it to the conf finals. Pippen figured that his best shot at another title was playing for Portland or LA. Portland had the salary cap to accomodate him. And thus he ended up there. With or without Pippen, Portland was a title contender. Pippen achieved jack shyte without Jordan. And the mention of Kerr and championships is the joke of the year. Kerr is a journeyman who happened to be at the right place at the right time. If i were on San Antonio's roster, i'd have three rings as well.

Jahangir Khan reminds me of another great squash player - with an even better record. Heather McKay was an Australian squash player who ranks among the greatest in the history of the sport. She dominated world squash between 1962 and 1977 winning the British Open (equivalent to the world title) 16 consecutive times. Heather.jpg She won her first British Open in 1962 and then won it again for the next 15 years. McKay retired in 1981 going nearly 20 years only being defeated twice, a record that is unlikely to ever be broken. In 1969, McKay was awarded the Order of the British Empire (MBE) and a member of the Order of Australia in 1979 (AM). Her name sits well amongst other Aussie sporting legends, Bradman, Walter Lindrum, Rod Laver, Dawn Fraser etc.

Darts, dsr ? So, he's won a title (any title will do) more times than 16 in succession ? ------------------- Yes, Sandro. I could've named Hoad, Rosewall, Shane Gould, Herb Elliott, Perkins, Thorpe, Hackett, Margaret Court, Jack Brabham, Peter Thompson and more.