Kerala Express Watch Thread

I wonÃÕ mind proving my selectors again and again: Sreesanth When on song Shanthakumaran Sreesanth is a treat to watch. His passion to steam in ball after ball, hit the seam consistently and tease batsmen with those away swingers often prove tantalizing not just for the fielders but for millions watching the game on television. In his fifth international season, this talented seamer would have loved to augment his fledgling Test career but injuries and indifferent form have often proved to be a roadblock. Ignored once again after a nightmarish tour of England, Sreesanth is ready to do the hard yards with a good performance in the Ranji Trophy that kicks off on Thursday. Ū donÃÕ mind proving myself again and again. I have always given hundred percent on the field. My work ethics have been the same whether itÃÔ in international cricket, first class or even club cricket. I have always tried to improve myself in every practice session. When it comes to playing and preparation, I am as disciplined and dedicated as anyone else. So, thereÃÔ no point complaining about things which are beyond my control. At present, I am only concerned about performing better and getting the things right, Sreesanth told TOI. With a cramped international calendar ahead Sreesanth knows there will be opportunities but the competition is fierce since several young fast bowlers are snapping at his heels. The feisty seamer, however, prefers to look at the positives and feels if in form he will add to the bench strength. ŪtÃÔ fair enough but I can only be worried about myself and not others. ItÃÔ always nice to see young fast bowlers coming up. It creates a healthy competition within the team. The competition has always brought the best out of me. I am working on getting my basics right and if I do that I will be successful more often than not, he said. Sreesanth, who has been part of two World Cup-winning teams, doesnÃÕ feel he has been inconsistent. żB]To be honest, I havenÃÕ played 10-15 matches on the trot. I have played three-four matches and then missed out either due to injuries or because of team combination. So, itÃÔ unfair to say that I am inconsistent. I gave my best in England, the 28-year-old said.
i siad the same thing in bold right? was i baised? i said same he hasnt played 2-3 series on trot.. so im dissapointed they he bowled at start of career he was even more impressive then yadav in south africa would never forget those spells but he hasnt fulfilled any of his potential and imo his time is running out hope he makes a come back as a proper person first. cos w/o that he has no chance to survive
Agree bro but the management and captain needs to back him from the heart. He will then succeed.
Look I wont deny, Sreesanths 5 wicket haul in SA was impressive. But other bowlers deserve their chance first. Sreesanth has had many tests but been inconsistent. Yadav for example has almost cemented his spot. You get consistent backing only if you perform consistently
Agree bro but the management and captain needs to back him from the heart. He will then succeed.
trust e is not that bad,looks bad form outside im sure he has good relations wih team mates. with his natural skill all he needed to do was to give his all towards bowling jsut concentrate on staying fit and improving accuracy another reaos why im dissapointed is at 29 his accuracy is not really that of experienced bowler well if he is back in team i wont mind.. but i think guys like shukla , aaron would be better for india now
Look I wont deny' date=' Sreesanths 5 wicket haul in SA was impressive. But other bowlers deserve their chance first. Sreesanth has had many tests but been inconsistent. Yadav for example has almost cemented his spot. You get consistent backing only if you perform consistently[/quote'] Yadav is very impressive and I am glad he has made such progress, this despite no seamer support! Still think Sree is more talented and he has played 27 tests which were not consistently.
trust e is not that bad,looks bad form outside im sure he has good relations wih team mates. with his natural skill all he needed to do was to give his all towards bowling jsut concentrate on staying fit and improving accuracy another reaos why im dissapointed is at 29 his accuracy is not really that of experienced bowler well if he is back in team i wont mind.. but i think guys like shukla , aaron would be better for india now
Aaron has a poor FC record, he hasn't shown he can do anything at that level even. He has raw pace and with training he may learn how to take wickets at tests.
Aaron has a poor FC record' date=' he hasn't shown he can do anything at that level even. He has raw pace and with training he may learn how to take wickets at tests.[/quote'] actually i saw what he can do.. he cant be a ver good support bowler to yadav in future on the other hand yadav and sreesanth both bowling runs can leak on bad days and sreesanth isnt even in team he need to come back then we will discuss abt that
Yadav is very impressive and I am glad he has made such progress' date=' this despite no seamer support! Still think Sree is more talented and he has played 27 tests which were not consistently.[/quote'] After Zaheer retires I think the indian attack will be: Praveen/Irfan, Umesh, Ishant (he will improve) and 1 other person, could be Santh, Aaron or someone new. Until Zaheer does not retire Ishant will be under threat (still young and learning). His place may temporarily be taken by Santh or Aaron.
After Zaheer retires I think the indian attack will be: Praveen/Irfan' date=' Umesh, Ishant (he will improve) and 1 other person, could be Santh, Aaron or someone new. Until Zaheer does not retire Ishant will be under threat (still young and learning). His place may temporarily be taken by Santh or Aaron.[/quote'] just getting a good feeling that after this tour we will make a new team and lots of new players will be tried i want aaron to be given more chances in tests maybe rest yadav and play him ishant needs to get surgery first then play lots of domestic cricket age is with him he ha lots of time for this
just getting a good feeling that after this tour we will make a new team and lots of new players will be tried i want aaron to be given more chances in tests maybe rest yadav and play him ishant needs to get surgery first then play lots of domestic cricket age is with him he ha lots of time for this
You can't rest Yadav, he is developing and needs plenty of games under his belt for experience and in all sorts of conditions. Ishant should be dropped. I do agree to give Aaron chances, he can bowl accurately. More tight than Yadav but Yadav is a wicket taker, what you need for tests.
You can't rest Yadav' date=' he is developing and needs plenty of games under his belt for experience and in all sorts of conditions. Ishant should be dropped. I do agree to give Aaron chances, he can bowl accurately. More tight than Yadav but Yadav is a wicket taker, what you need for tests.[/quote'] u need both.. he can stop runs form one side and yadav can bowl without any worry more over he aaron is no ishant he can get wickets.. can reverse the ball and always attacks the stumps.. and did got 4-5 balls to swing away even on mumbai patta there was lot to like abt him!
actually i saw what he can do.. he cant be a ver good support bowler to yadav in future on the other hand yadav and sreesanth both bowling runs can leak on bad days and sreesanth isnt even in team he need to come back then we will discuss abt that
That's why I am sad in one way of Yadav success, he is wicket taker like Santh but also expensive. Don't have room for two :(( A journalist remarked that Dhoni supported Yadav despite leaking runs and this was something he never used to do-MS prefered accurate bowlers. Think he was saying how Sree was mistreated and not given licence and field settings. Wicket takers are more key in test cricket than accurate bowlers.
u need both.. he can stop runs form one side and yadav can bowl without any worry more over he aaron is no ishant he can get wickets.. can reverse the ball and always attacks the stumps.. and did got 4-5 balls to swing away even on mumbai patta there was lot to like abt him!
With pace from Yadav and Aaron, we should also struggle less against tail and lower middle order.
That's why I am sad in one way of Yadav success, he is wicket taker like Santh but also expensive. Don't have room for two :(( A journalist remarked that Dhoni supported Yadav despite leaking runs and this was something he never used to do-MS prefered accurate bowlers. Think he was saying how Sree was mistreated and not given licence and field settings. Wicket takers are more key in test cricket than accurate bowlers.
dhoni has always been defensive but now he has no choice.. and im glad he is banned lol and on indian tracks u just cant play them both even if captain is not defensive he might get a chance in away tours but sree needs to work hard on many aspects! well lets not get here again
being accurate does not mean u wont pick wickets he wont be a strike bowler..wont be surprised if he comes in and bowls better then ishant hope team management sticks with him
being accurate does not mean u wont pick wickets he wont be a strike bowler..wont be surprised if he comes in and bowls better then ishant hope team management sticks with him
No but people who rely on accuracy and create pressure to take wickets are different to players who may bowl inaccurately but can produce real gems. Yadav and Sree are in that secondary category.
No but people who rely on accuracy and create pressure to take wickets are different to players who may bowl inaccurately but can produce real gems. Yadav and Sree are in that secondary category.
actually thats wht i like abt aaron he is accurate but can still bowl those wicket taking balls he wont be like munaf patel or anything i guess more like gillespie and yadav should aim to bowl it fuller with accuracy its hard job but if he cn get it right and become accurate w/o significant drop in pace he could be our version of steyn :D
u need both.. he can stop runs form one side and yadav can bowl without any worry more over he aaron is no ishant he can get wickets.. can reverse the ball and always attacks the stumps.. and did got 4-5 balls to swing away even on mumbai patta there was lot to like abt him!
Swing is in the air and does not depends on pitch.Aaron is not ready for test cricket ,he needs some more time in odis and ranji and his stock ball is the inswinger.
Swing is in the air and does not depends on pitch.Aaron is not ready for test cricket ' date='he needs some more time in odis and ranji and his stock ball is the inswinger.[/quote'] those conditions werent conclusive to swing in air even isahnt only got movement of pitch.. im not saying he is test ready yet but best way for him to improve is to bowl with zack.. (when yadav is rested) he wont be a bigger liability then ishant..so whts wrong in trying him itsn ot like we have better bowlers then him