CC's golden oldies thread

CC1981

Ok,here is the deal : 1. This thread is about old school music from bollywood/tollywood and various other woods and forests of India. Since i know only hindi, urdu & bengali, i will post from these languages- but all language groups are welcome ( and if anyone's got some cool North-eastern stuff, please step up to the plate!) 2. The songs must be old-school, ie, it *must* be pre 1980s. The objective of this thread is to promote some of the golden oldies from back in the day- not only are they great songs, its a good thing to re-introduce them to the new generation. So here is what i will start of with what was perhaps Rafi's best performance ( O duniyaa ke rakhwaale from Baiju Bawra) : dOieaWdEYL4

I dunno who sings this song (its in bengali) but its one of my favourites and features *the* golden couple of Bangla movies- Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen ( ei Poth jodi na sesh hoye - Saptapadi): UN15rNGubQs&mode=related&search=

Hmm let me see of the songs that come to my mind immediately: 1) O Mere dil ke chain...chain aaye mere dil ko dua kijiye (has there been a better love song? The only one that I can think of is the next one...) 2) Chura Liya hai Tumne jo dil ko... 3) Do lafzon ki hai dil ki kahaani, ya hai mohabbat ya hai jawaani. 4) Mere mehboob qayamat hogi aaj ruswa teri galiyon mein mohabbat hogi. 5) Ek pyaar ka nagham hai..maujon ki rawaani hai jindagi aur kuch bhi nahin teri meri kahani hai. 6) Kahin door jab din dhal jaaye, saanjh ki dulhan badan churaye 7) Phoolon ke rang se dil ki kalam tujhko likhi roj paati kaise bataoon kis kis tarah se har pal mujhe tu satati (Is that wordings of Neeraj or Yogesh? two lyricist who dared to write in Hindi, and hats off off to SD Burman saab too) 8) Aaj bhi jeene ki tamanna hai aaj phir marne ka iraada hai(what better song to pep you up?) 9) How about classics like "Yun hi koi mil gaya tha..sare raah chalte chalte" or "yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaaye to kya hai" or "barbaadiyon par shok manana fizool tha..barbaadiyon ka jasn manata chala gaya..har fikr ko dhuyein mein...." 10) Ankhiyon ko rahne de ankhiyon ke aas pass door se bujhti rahe dil ki pyaas(very underrated song from Bobby...like its music director LP) more to come...

I dunno who sings this song (its in bengali) but its one of my favourites and features *the* golden couple of Bangla movies- Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen ( ei Poth jodi na sesh hoye - Saptapadi): UN15rNGubQs&mode=related&search=
Surprised you don't recognize the voices, CC- they are as distinctive as they get- Hemant and Sandhya Mukhopadhay.

Hmm let me see of the songs that come to my mind immediately: 1) O Mere dil ke chain...chain aaye mere dil ko dua kijiye (has there been a better love song? The only one that I can think of is the next one...) 2) Chura Liya hai Tumne jo dil ko... 3) Do lafzon ki hai dil ki kahaani, ya hai mohabbat ya hai jawaani. 4) Mere mehboob qayamat hogi aaj ruswa teri galiyon mein mohabbat hogi. 5) Ek pyaar ka nagham hai..maujon ki rawaani hai jindagi aur kuch bhi nahin teri meri kahani hai. 6) Kahin door jab din dhal jaaye, saanjh ki dulhan badan churaye 7) Phoolon ke rang se dil ki kalam tujhko likhi roj paati kaise bataoon kis kis tarah se har pal mujhe tu satati (Is that wordings of Neeraj or Yogesh? two lyricist who dared to write in Hindi, and hats off off to SD Burman saab too) 8) Aaj bhi jeene ki tamanna hai aaj phir marne ka iraada hai(what better song to pep you up?) 9) How about classics like "Yun hi koi mil gaya tha..sare raah chalte chalte" or "yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaaye to kya hai" or "barbaadiyon par shok manana fizool tha..barbaadiyon ka jasn manata chala gaya..har fikr ko dhuyein mein...." 10) Ankhiyon ko rahne de ankhiyon ke aas pass door se bujhti rahe dil ki pyaas(very underrated song from Bobby...like its music director LP) more to come...
Goodness me, all those are absolute classics, Lurker- and indelibly etched in memory as firm favourites. Do lafzon...what a fantastic song- you've got me humming now!

Lurker- post the songs. This thread is about posting songs and appreciating them. here is another unforgettable one from Rafi ( Madhuban mein Radhika ) TIWtdQwaoz0
Listened to the number- fantastic!! Thanks, CC. If you like that, you might like this one as well. Manna Dey at his very peak, at his melodious best. tD94aK6Tnsg

All Time classic...."Ek Chatur Naar" from Padosan 1968.Kishore Kumar and Manna Dey in rib tickling form:haha: Some years back me and my wife were having Dinner in a downtown Chinese restaurant in Bangalore. There were just us and a big group in the restaurant. One of the elderly gentleman seated amongst the group seemed very familiar to me.It took me a while to realize that it was Manna Dey indeed. I resisted the urge to go up to his table as it seemed he was enjoying a quite dinner with family and friends. I couldn't help eavesdrop on a tale he was recounting from his yesteryear days...something really funny about this "Chatur Naar" song from Padosan...... NvsCm4NlCks