Soldier memorial desecrated

surajmal

the word is realistic..now dont say that world was a pretty place before palestine issue.. :--D
Bombay was a pretty place before Babri Masjid riots. That single incident pushed the city back in dark ages, handed our (non)residential don to our enemy on a platter, made bomb blasts and riots part of life and did such a phenomenal job that people today, including you, forget that prior to 1990 Bombay was a pretty darn good place regardless of your religious, or state, afflictions. :agree:

Bombay was a pretty place before Babri Masjid riots. That single incident pushed the city back in dark ages, handed our (non)residential don to our enemy on a platter, made bomb blasts and riots part of life and did such a phenomenal job that people today, including you, forget that prior to 1990 Bombay was a pretty darn good place regardless of your religious, or state, afflictions. :agree:
What an Apologetic attitude you have... but you are making too many assumptions.. how would you know that if babri masjid hadnt happened, mumbai would still be a good place? i am glad we didnt give city on platter to 'them' and SS party stood up for us even if it was for their personal gain..

What an Apologetic attitude you have... but you are making too many assumptions.. how would you know that if babri masjid hadnt happened, mumbai would still be a good place? i am glad we didnt give city on platter to 'them' and SS party stood up for us even if it was for their personal gain..
Because you have all the data you would need to deduce that. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO communal riots. Check. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO bomb blasts. Check. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO ghettozisation of Bombay. Check. Most of these are fairly well documented. Of course if you do not want to see them thats a different story :winky:

^^ that's my friend is called royal hogwash.. or royal bull cr@p reasoning to come to certain conclusion.. :winky:
Chalo yaar yehi sahi. It is hard to convince people of the thought process they have been having for 20 years. Humne koshish ki, aage tumhari zindagi hai :winky:

Chalo yaar yehi sahi. It is hard to convince people of the thought process they have been having for 20 years. Humne koshish ki, aage tumhari zindagi hai :winky:
shukriya koshish karne ka.. lekin ek ilteja yahi he ki aap yeh wali topi kisi ko na pehnaye .. warna moooh ke bal girege... godhra happened because of babri masjid... :cantstop::winky:

godhra happened because of babri masjid... :cantstop::winky:
:facepalm: kya yaar poora Ramayan suna diya aur phir wahi.. The good news is that personally I have not lived through a riot, like you have, but I have lived through caste wars. Aur abhi tak jaroorat nahin parhi segregate karne ki as "them". :--D Maar peet kiya, do din baad same larki pe dono line maaro.. :yay:

"woh afsana jisse anjaam tak lana na ho mumkin.. usee ek khubsurat mod deke chhod dena he accha.. "
Wah wah!! One of my favorite songs. But you cant sing it, as it was written by one of "them" cE5q9kst-Zc PS: This was shot in Bombay during pre-Babri Masjid era :haha:

so I take it that you dont sing any kishore kumar songs?? hahahha... "baat nikli hai to duur talak jayegi''...
Arre main to sabe pyaar karta hoon bhai :boffing: Jehan tak KK ki baat rahi. To KK saab ke bade bhai Ashok Kumar was born and spent early years in Bhagalpur. I have been to the house of his. The reason I mention this is because years earlier I had written how Ashok Kumar (a Bengali) born in Bihar was no big deal, neither Subhas Bose born in Cuttack (modern day Orrisa). But post Independence, the language/culture based ghettosization has pushed all into our own world. You want Bombay to go the same route, if it has not already? :winky:

Because you have all the data you would need to deduce that. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO communal riots. Check. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO bomb blasts. Check. Pre Babri Masjid era, NO ghettozisation of Bombay. Check. Most of these are fairly well documented. Of course if you do not want to see them thats a different story :winky:
So mosque is destored in UP and they kill Hindus in Mumbai :nervous: Very intelligent.

Hahaha ... there existed huge communal ghettos in Mumbai even before 1992. As far as communal trouble pre-1992. Here is one example: there was a riotous protest against Satanic Verses in 1989, police had to open fire.
12 Die in Bombay in Anti-Rushdie Riot February 25, 1989 ... According to the Press Trust of India news agency, the police fired at the rioters in Bombay after people in the crowd opened fire on officers. The result was a three-hour battle, with rioters spilling across the crowded streets of South Bombay, burning cars, buses, motorcycles and even torching the small police station. ...... http://www.nytimes.com/books/99/04/18/specials/rushdie-riot.html
All this aside, I dont understand how you can attribute the decay of Mumbai to 1992. Clearly, lack of governance, overcrowding and unplanned expansion has played a much bigger role. I mean Delhi had a huge, huge riot in 1984, but that has not led to an irreparable decline of the city. In fact Delhi has managed to develop in a relatively planned manner over the last 15 years with all its communities being stakeholders in its progress.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this: Raj Thackeray held a protest march from Girgaum Chowpaty to Azad Maidian yesterday. There he addressed a crowd of an estimated one lakh people. The agenda of this rally was to protest against the protest rally and the goons of 11th August. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/raj-thackerays-mns-rally-in-mumbai-supporters-demand-for-rr-patils-sacking/articleshow/15584671.cms Surprisingly, and luckily for Mumbai, the rally was peaceful. Never been a fan of the Thackrey brand of politics, but I was reading articles on his rally and his main question was: Why were the Raza Academy given permission to rally, given their dubious track record? Why did Commissioner release a few of the rioters who were arrested on that day? Valid questions. He also called for the resignation of the Police Commissioner and the home minister. I saw this poster in the ToI today, which I found :D Ekta+Tiger.PNG Edit: In other news, Mumbai police have arrested one more of the rioter and claim that the rest will be caught soon. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/On-special-drive-SIT-arrests-1-youth/articleshow/15593685.cms
Bal and Unity tiger :sick: Btw from article
Many of them had through their mediators promised to surrender but they did not turn up. Till now we were going a bit soft but now to speed up the process, we have initiated a stronger drive," an officer said.
Lol. How low can Mumbai police go?

By that logic if Mughal invasion followed by forced conversion wouldn't have happened, Bombay wouldn't have been on down path.

All this aside, I dont understand how you can attribute the decay of Mumbai to 1992. Clearly, lack of governance, overcrowding and unplanned expansion has played a much bigger role. I mean Delhi had a huge, huge riot in 1984, but that has not led to an irreparable decline of the city. In fact Delhi has managed to develop in a relatively planned manner over the last 15 years with all its communities being stakeholders in its progress.
Clearly communal riots and anti-Rushdie riots are not one and the same thing. With regards to 1992, it changed the social structure and discussions completely. Suddenly religion is at the heart of every citizen. Why else is Shiv Sena/MNS have seen their rise? Obviously not due to the economic policy. Your point about growth in Delhi may actually prove my point. Even after the 84 riots no communal ghetto party a la Shiv Sena rose in Delhi. Maybe that has saved the sanity over there :winky:

Clearly communal riots and anti-Rushdie riots are not one and the same thing.
No, but it illustrates that events like Azad Maidan riot on Aug 11 cannot be blamed on 1992. The reactionary communal mindset was prevalent before 1992.
With regards to 1992, it changed the social structure and discussions completely. Suddenly religion is at the heart of every citizen.
I see no evidence of this supposed change having any correlation with Mumbai's decline.
Why else is Shiv Sena/MNS have seen their rise? Obviously not due to the economic policy.
Obviously because the Congress under govt in 1992/93 was a disaster of epic proportions, and thus Shiv Sena/BJP won the 1995 elections.
Your point about growth in Delhi may actually prove my point. Even after the 84 riots no communal ghetto party a la Shiv Sena rose in Delhi. Maybe that has saved the sanity over there :winky:
Strange that you blame Shiv Sena for Mumbai's decline while it is Congress that has been in power for more than a decade. In fact during Shiv Sena/BJP rule (95-2000), there were hardly any big bomb blasts or riots in Mumbai. Almost all big terrorist attacks/riots in Mumbai have taken place under the Congress state govt.

Just for reference, some bomb blasts in Mumbai before 1992: 1989: A tiffin box stuffed with potassium chloride and sugar went off at Sewree railway station killing two people. The bombers had used sulphuric acid as a triggering device for the explosion. 1989: Two bombs went off at Kurla railway station and at Kanjurmarg railway station, both on the Central Railway network. The concoction of potassium cholride and sulphuric acid was used for the blasts. 1991: An RDX-laced explosive went off in a BEST bus depot at Ghatkopar. Two people, including a bus conductor, were killed in the blast. 1991: A blast in a local train on the Central Railway network caused 4 casualties when an RDX bomb went off.

No' date=' but it illustrates that events like [b']Azad Maidan riot on Aug 11 cannot be blamed on 1992. The reactionary communal mindset was prevalent before 1992.
Who here has suggested Azad Maidan was related to 1992. Care to show me exactly?
.Obviously because the Congress under govt in 1992/93 was a disaster of epic proportions, and thus Shiv Sena/BJP won the 1995 elections.
Thats your take on thing. And dare I say not quite unsurprisingly. In my opinion post 1992 Indian politics became revolving more around religion anyway. In a riot prevalent Bombay with hundreds killed on both sides Shiv Sena and sampradayik tatv like them stood to gain most, and did quite handsomely.
Strange that you blame Shiv Sena for Mumbai's decline while it is Congress that has been in power for more than a decade. In fact during Shiv Sena/BJP rule (95-2000), there were hardly any big bomb blasts or riots in Mumbai. Almost all big terrorist attacks/riots in Mumbai have taken place under the Congress state govt.
Yeah and you will see me question Congress on what they have done to stem terrorist attacks. However I dont blame Congress for making the Bombay atmosphere communal, I blame SS and its offshoots for the same. Do you disagree with that?