Five Pakistan players sign up for ICL

King

i see what you are saying Chandan but unlike other bodies ICL is seen as a real threat! They obviously have the force(money) to make life difficult for all the cricketing boards and the ICC hence all boards have are working on the same policy. Releasing players for national duty doesn't make any sense to me because see PAK for example have a series against SA in OCT/NOV and the ICF matches will also be played in OCT/NOV. So if they release players for national duty then the PAK players will be gone for the ENTIRE ICL season. I personally hope that ICL does well because it is an excellent incentive for young cricketers and would really help Indian cricket in the long run.
But ICL is maintaining that it'll release the players for national duties and that is what the players said as well. And ICL is now not playing in Oct/Nov. You can check their schedule from their site!
The general sentiment amongst Pakistani supporters is that the defectors are not patriotic and are motivated by money. I think they are right.
Why? What is right here? You think players play because of patriotism? And why wouldn't they question their selfish board instead?

So why would you not want the board to be patriotic first who keeps on eating all the money gained by players sweating in the ground through out the year? Why would you not want the board to take care of these players who keep on working for them like bonded labour? Why would you not want your board to run professionally so that these kind of situations don't arise? Is Australian board worried about ICL? No. Because they know that they take care of their players and their needs. Why can't BCCI and PCB do the same? And if they can't do it, on which ground will you question a player's intent?

Wat's patriotism got to do with this? Its not like they will play against their own country or something. If it is unpatriotic to play in ICL isn't playing county the same? The decision to ban the players are the work of the boards who are non governmental organizations. So aren't the boards being unpatriotic rather than the players?

I haven't got it as yet. News Channels were talking about having matches sometime next year--perhaps January. I think think even they were sure. The drama will unfold neatly. Just wait and watch!
1st year is very important so they must be careful with scheduling. I don't think it is such a good idea to have these matches in JAN because during the same month IND will be playing 3 test matches against AUS.