Gaya: the man who moved mountain gets state burial

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://bihartimes.com/news07/Aug/1982.html Patna, (BiharTimes): The mountain man of Gahlour, Dashrath Manjhi, who breath his last at New Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences on Friday evening got state burial on Saturday evening. Manjhi, who was suffering from cancer and was admitted to AIIMS on July 24 last, was about 80. The chief minister, Nitish Kumar, flew to Gaya to receive his body which was brought from Purshottam Express on Friday afternoon. Paying a glowing tribute to him at the condolence meeting at Gaya railway station he said that a person was known not by his caste or birth but by his deeds. The chief minister said that the proposed hospital and road to be built in Gahlaur, will be named after him. Speaking on the occasion the speaker of Bihar assembly, Uday Narayan Chaudhary, recalled that he was a man of great resolve who once travelled from Gaya to Delhi on foot. At each railway station he would seek the signature of station master and ask for food from him. Dasrath Bhuniya, who later came to be known as Dasrath Manjhi, shot into fame in late 1980s when he accomplished the challenging task of hewing out 360 feet long, 30 feet wide and 25 feet high passage through the hill of Gahlaur. It took about 22 years (from 1967 to 1988) to complete this task––the time which Taj Mahal took. Though the road could not be built during his life time because of the bureaucratic delay his dream may be fulfilled after his death. The passage dug by Manji has brought the two blocks of Gaya––Atri and Wazirganj––much nearer. Though Manjhi made all these enormous efforts to mitigate the hardship his late wife used to face the truth is that once this road is built the later generation of the region will greatly be benefited.

^^ Uske paas paisa nahin hoga bhai. Bhuinyas are the lowest of low in Hindu strata :cry_smile: These are the people who survive on rats :cry_smile: I doubt any group would be as downtrodden as these are(or were, abhi ka pata nahin). Tumko to pata hoga guru. Waise good to see Nitish Kumar appreciating it.

Guest dada_rocks

Rats are very nourishing i heard.. Han mushahar bolate hain meri taraf..... Are india mein train mein baith lo general class mein kya karega koi....... is bechare ko wo bhi nahin pata hoga shayada

Guest dada_rocks

Lurker aapke MP saheb Rajesh manjhi nakali bibi leke ghum rahe the.. pakra gaye hain.. ye sale politician log bhi khub maza lete hain.. lalooji band kamre mien Mamata kularni ko nachaye ( ab nachaye ya kuchh aur kiye kaun janta hai).. har doosara keep leke ghum raha hai..

Aur Amar Singh Jaise nihayat seedhe saadhe, sickular neta phone pe bollywood balikaao se ghanto Kamsutra granth ki charcha kertey pakdey jaa chuke hain...and news was that our Adarsh Bharatiya Naari Jaya Prada was also among many in that blocked CD. :giggle:

Guest dada_rocks

Amar singh ko main benefit of doubt dunga.. see many people are frank with many relations.. particualrly ganv mein if u listen to talk of those who fall in category of bhabhi some bystander might get wrong ideas about the relationship..

Lurker aapke MP saheb Rajesh manjhi nakali bibi leke ghum rahe the.. pakra gaye hain.. ye sale politician log bhi khub maza lete hain.. lalooji band kamre mien Mamata kularni ko nachaye ( ab nachaye ya kuchh aur kiye kaun janta hai).. har doosara keep leke ghum raha hai..
Rajesh Kumar is param ch**ya. Big time crook who gets elected. Okay here are two questions DR: 1) Related to this topic first. What does it mean to get state burial?? I mean this gentleman, Dashrath Manjhi, would be a Hindu by most accounts. Or perhaps Buddhist had he embraced Buddhism(not uncommon amongst weaker section of society in Gaya). Regardless he would be cremated. Where does burial comes from?? 2) What do you think about having Reserved Constituencies in India? Say Gaya for example. It is a reserved constituency. Which means only SC/STs can contest an election. In other words no matter how good(or bad) I am, I can not contest from the place where I was born and love so dearly! I mean how the eff is that not discrimination. I have always wanted to bring a PIL for this. Hopefully one day I would. xxxx

2) What do you think about having Reserved Constituencies in India? Say Gaya for example. It is a reserved constituency. Which means only SC/STs can contest an election. In other words no matter how good(or bad) I am, I can not contest from the place where I was born and love so dearly! I mean how the eff is that not discrimination.
Not sure about MPs, but for Gram Panchayat seats, there is similiar reservation in place in UP...however every 4 years that constituency will be open for all-- meaning any one can contest. So if same can be implemented for MPs?? will be of somewhat better. Although, me against any type of reservation.. a total failure, so far very few poor commons (including SC, NT) have benefitted from quota raj. Sad thing is that Ambedkar bandwagon gets frenzy whenever some progressive politicians talk against reservation.:sad_smile:

Not sure about MPs, but for Gram Panchayat seats, there is similiar reservation in place in UP...however every 4 years that constituency will be open for all-- meaning any one can contest. So if same can be implemented for MPs?? will be of somewhat better.
It was worst than I thought mate. Here, see what I could pick from the web. They submitted that Article 334 of the Constitution originally envisaged that reservation would be applicable to SC/STs for 10 years and this was extended from time to time. As a result, 120 out of the 543 seats in the Lok Sabha and 1,080 out of the 4,091 seats in State Assemblies were reserved for SC/STs. http://www.hindu.com/2003/09/07/stories/2003090701461000.htm Seriously WTF? From the same link. They noted that the population of the constituency as per the 1991 census was 9,75,006 of which the SC population was 1,96,936. Thus 7,78,070 people, i.e. 79.80 per cent of the population in the constituency were deprived of the chance to contest the polls from 1967 as it was reserved for SCs. How is this not discrimination? :sad_smile::sad_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
Rajesh Kumar is param ch**ya. Big time crook who gets elected. Okay here are two questions DR: 1) Related to this topic first. What does it mean to get state burial?? I mean this gentleman, Dashrath Manjhi, would be a Hindu by most accounts. Or perhaps Buddhist had he embraced Buddhism(not uncommon amongst weaker section of society in Gaya). Regardless he would be cremated. Where does burial comes from?? 2) What do you think about having Reserved Constituencies in India? Say Gaya for example. It is a reserved constituency. Which means only SC/STs can contest an election. In other words no matter how good(or bad) I am, I can not contest from the place where I was born and love so dearly! I mean how the eff is that not discrimination. I have always wanted to bring a PIL for this. Hopefully one day I would. xxxx
Burial/cremation is being used interchanagebly these days.. Yes technically wrong.. but if u look at it in anothere way one just expedites the other.. Technically speaking (as far as disintegration of the body is concerned) burials is ridiculously slow cremation :giggle: PIL against SC/ST empowerment will not go much far in court of law.. Ambedkar saheb and collective sense of guilt of our forefathers have ensured that..Not right not just but well it's.. I always wondered what's the charm of crook among rank and file.. I vividly remember the debate which used to go on in pitched electoral battle of Dr Ram kripal ( Physics professor) and Raghunath Pandeya ( proven crook).. people used to say arre Professor saheb kahan tikenge pandeyji ke samne paisa se hathiyaar se har chij se fariya sakte hain pandeyji...... BTW this random assignement of SC/ST status to constituencies is nothing but gerrymandering disguised as dalit empowerment.

Guest dada_rocks

By the about that extension of reservation.. common sense says that admins will collecte data after the end of the deacde and on that basis they will take extension decision but fact is till date extensions have been happening without any due diligence over how these doles fared on the ground.. Welcome to India; I don't know how long this guilt-driven BS policy will last..

^^ Raghunath Pandey, from Chapra? Yep a bahubali. Isnt it interesting that every town in Bihar pretty much has a known Bahubali. Speaking of Bahubalis, specially from Muzzaffarpur. Woh LP Sahi ka beta hua karta tha na? He was gunned down. Naam main bhool gaya. Is it true(as far as you know) that Braj Bihari Prasad was behind it? He(Braj Bihari) was later gunned down too of course. I always thought LP Sahi was pretty formidable in that area and that Braj Bihari Prasad was nothing more than a small time crook. xx

Guest dada_rocks

Chhapra wala to Kali Pandeya hai ye Pandeya muzaffarpur ka goonda hua karta tha..... L P Shahi ka beta tha hemant shahi uska region that vaishali/hajipur....( goonda or no goonda this guy at least was educated had left IPS to join politics). Lalooji khud hi hemant shahi ke murder mein shaamil the........ murderer ke shaw-yatra mein aaye the agale hi din.. first tenure lalooji apne rival gang walon ko marane mein hi vyatiti kiye........ Brij Bihari Prasad (MIT muzaffarpur se parha tha) engineer saheb...:giggle:.. Usko urayaa Munna Shukla muzaffarpur region ka goonda; aajkal wo MLA hai JD(U) ka............

Yes Hemant Shahi of course. He was pretty respected really. Of course was a strongman too. There was another man from North Bihar who became almost like a Robin Hood amongst his group - Anand Mohan Singh. Uska aur uski biwi ka bahut news aata tha. Seems they either both got elected, or are elected right now. Lalloo had hand in a bunch of criminal activities. I know of a very close person who was kidnapped at Lalloo's behest for a big ransome. Lalloo would visit their house every other day to console when it was actually him behind. Khair hard to prove that so take it for whatever its worth. xx

Guest dada_rocks

Anand Mohan Singh is in jail these days ( was in news recently after getitng slapped by Kundand Krishana SSP patna,), her wife wud be lovely anand.. They come from sehrasa/purniya belt.. Well lalooji ki to aisi hai ki one of my distant relative's car got snatched..gaye lalooji ke yahan complain karne dekha gari unhin ke bungalow ke bahar khari hai.. :giggle: fir chanda dena para party ko achcha khasa ,tab jake mila car....