Are experiments still on?

gator

1. Useless as odi bowler, never hits wicket, decline in fielding. 2. Give the injuries he had can break down any time. 3. Getting runs so retire on top and make way for future. 4. Will be the next kapil dev/ravi shastri/sidhu. likely to become liability soon.
1. Was never an ODI bowler. There is no decline in fielding, that I have seen so far, in ODIs. 2.When he'll be injured, we'll see. No one has a contract signed that he'll NEVER break down. 3.He is getting runs, so he should retire?? What logic!!!:confused_smile: Did you say the same thing 10-15 years back too and have been repeating it after every ODI?:D 4.When he'll become liability, we can talk then. What is the need to retire now?? You still have NOT given any reasons!!!

i think Sachin and Dravid have plenty life in them in odis.... if anything, sachin has been struggling in tests , and is still the best bat in odis for us.... the only thing tht worries me is Saurav.... dropping him and blooding a youngster will create a lot of drama and he aint gonna step down of his own accord either... obviouslly in most probabilities, the youngster is gonna averaage 25ish in his first 10 odis and tht is enuf for everyone to jump on the throats of the selectors tht Ganguly was averaging more.... but the short-sighted supporters dont understand tht it is like starting a business.... u dont expect returns for the first year... it is called investment....

And replacement for Gavaskar' date=' an opener?[/quote'] Was SMG ever a excellent ODI batsman..I hope we are talking ODI only here? As for finding 'replacements' for all time greats like SMG, tendulkar, Richards, lara, Bradman..no..we will be fools if we want to find exact or even very close replacements to these guys. They were or are the masters.
i think Sachin and Dravid have plenty life in them in odis.... if anything' date=' sachin has been struggling in tests , and is still the best bat in odis for us.... the only thing tht worries me is Saurav.... dropping him and blooding a youngster will create a lot of drama and he aint gonna step down of his own accord either... obviouslly in most probabilities, the youngster is gonna averaage 25ish in his first 10 odis and tht is enuf for everyone to jump on the throats of the selectors tht Ganguly was averaging more.... but the short-sighted supporters dont understand tht it is like starting a business.... u dont expect returns for the first year... it is called investment....[/quote'] SG is no good for ODIs now, the guy just cant hit out unless he's well set; which usually takes up a lot of time. Someone has to be bold and pull him out, give RU the long rope for atlast 15-20 games..though I for one still hope that Sehwag gets his form back. A rapid 30 from RU/VS is anyday better then a scrappy 50 from SG.