With Love & thanks from Karnataka

Guest BossBhai

Cant blame the english Obs.. The batting was just too good. As simple as that.
It was, but, sorry to throw a damp squib, you can win like this only against teams in the lower rungs. Can you imagine say Nathan Bracken, or Malinga, or Kallis flipping taking long-off out, pushing fine leg back and then bowling full - the only ball you can bowl then is short, straight at the body when you know the other guy is a front foot bully. Make no mistake - I am a big fan of Uthappa, and have always been, and have been following the game from a long long time, but we need a reality check in spite of this win. On current form, we are good enough only to beat the likes of England, and maybe Pak and WI.
Guest dada_rocks
india wouldnt have got through if collingwood and broad did not develop their moment of inspirational madness. Drop fine leg back, no long-off, and then bowl full and straight? It was as bad as the Chetan Sharma full toss
Borad is not Mcgrath who cud bowl wherever he liked whenver he wanted

I agree with most of what you have to say. But wrt today's match , the english couldnt have possibly done actually. We had loads of luck. Even if one of those fine-glances didnt connect , we would have been history. Credit to the Indian batsman for today. How good or how bad we are , is i think an entirely different argument.

india wouldnt have got through if collingwood and broad did not develop their moment of inspirational madness. Drop fine leg back, no long-off, and then bowl full and straight? It was as bad as the Chetan Sharma full toss
Good point. Even I was thinking on the same lines. Not to mention , he places his weakest fielder monty paneswar in the short fine leg knowingly very well that both Uttappa and Dhoni had made their intentions very clear of hitting behind fine leg. Another strange thing was not moving the third man finer or using a slip when time and again the edges were going in that direction for boundaries.
He knew we were faltering while chasing 280 or thereabouts targets, knew that we would get off to a slow start if the target wasn't challenging enough and made sure our batsmen were set a target where they will have to pull every sinew and concentrate and run hard to pull off a win. And when Tendulkar's start had made even such a big total appear trivial, Dravid, knowing how we choke in the end at easy targets sacrficed his wicket so that Utthappa and Dhoni could perform to their optimum level. Brilliant inspirational stuff.
:D:D