Imran Khan "Explains" why Pakistan produces fast bowlers

jonas10

He bowls 1 or 2 deliveries just crossing 140 and he becomes consistent 140+ bowler with effort ball going upto 145+. :blink: and Ishant who can bowl 150+ is slower than him. You guys see one effort ball and use that normal speed of bowler. Add 5-10 and make that his effort ball. :hysterical:
Wrong again. Junaid's average speed yesterday was around 140. Ishant can't bowl 150+. He was bowling between 132-137 and a coupe of balls above 140. So his average speed was lower than 140. If he tries to bowl any quicker he might get injured again so he will focus on bowling around 135. And your last comment abour using one effort ball to determine the speed of a bowler, that's what most guys here do about Ishant etc.
Previously, a couple of Pak pacers were quicker than ours. They had Imran, Waqar and Wasim and we had Srinath as established fast bowlers. All the rest on either side were medium pacers. Later on they had Shoaib, who is the only express bowler either country has produced. After that, India has produced quicker bowlers than Pak. Umesh and Aaron are quicker than any current Pak pacer. Why are you comparing Vinay Kumar's pace. He is one of the slowest Indian pacers. Wasim and Waqar were better bowlers than Srinath andthat is why they would be prefetred, not because they were quicker than him.
this is a sensible post. I am a Pak fan but i mostly agree. Pace can be helpful but it isn't everything, otherwise someone like Glenn mcgrath would never have been so successfull. Regarding Imran's answer, i disagree. Pakistan has produced quality fast bowlers because they had someone to look up to. Wasim and Waqar both looked up to Imran. Plenty of kids were influenced by wasim, waqar and Imran and that's why pakistan continues to produce talented fast bowlers. (shoaib, asif, amir, even though asif and amir wasted their talent). Kids in India, on the other hand, look up to Tendulkar, and its partly why india has better batsmen. Pakistan has simply produced better bowlers because of greater emphasis on bowling while India has had a massive advantage in batting.
Previously, a couple of Pak pacers were quicker than ours. They had Imran, Waqar and Wasim and we had Srinath as established fast bowlers. All the rest on either side were medium pacers. Later on they had Shoaib, who is the only express bowler either country has produced. After that, India has produced quicker bowlers than Pak. Umesh and Aaron are quicker than any current Pak pacer. Why are you comparing Vinay Kumar's pace. He is one of the slowest Indian pacers. Wasim and Waqar were better bowlers than Srinath andthat is why they would be prefetred, not because they were quicker than him.
No they are not. Mohammad Sami still bowls quicker than these guys. You need fitness and stamina to bowl fast man and so far Yadav and Varun has struggled with their fintess. As I said yesterday let us come back in 2020 and discuss the speed of these two bowlers InshaAllah. I doubt they will be around, but time will tell. And Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Talha and even Mohammad Irfan are currently bowling as fast as these guys so stop overhyping your players and try think a bit more objective.
Lol ... Well thats what the fastest in history means. If a sprinter breaks Usain Bolt's world record he's then known as the fastest sprinter in history.
yes for the record books it is OK. But for being regarded as the fastest bowler you need to bowl fast consistently at that recorded pace. Tomorrow if ishant sharma will bowl one delivery of 162 kph and others slower then can we call him fastest bowler in history?
yes for the record books it is OK. But for being regarded as the fastest bowler you need to bowl fast consistently at that recorded pace. Tomorrow if ishant sharma will bowl one delivery of 155 kph and others slower then can we call him fastest bowler in history?
No because the record is 161.39 km/h
yes for the record books it is OK. But for being regarded as the fastest bowler you need to bowl fast consistently at that recorded pace. Tomorrow if ishant sharma will bowl one delivery of 155 kph and others slower then can we call him fastest bowler in history?
At least get your facts right before posting. Fastest recorded ball is over 160 kph so even if Sharma bowls 155 kph on thursday (not tomorrow) it would not be the fastest ball in history.:giggle:
At least get your facts right before posting. Fastest recorded ball is over 160 kph so even if Sharma bowls 155 kph on thursday (not tomorrow) it would not be the fastest ball in history.:giggle:
ok I do not know about the speed of fastest bowl recorded but my point was bowling one fastest bowl ever in history and others much slower than that does not mean he is the fastest in history. as far as (not tomorrow) you took it in literal sense. I know match is not tomorrow. By tomorrow I meant in near future. so at least read properly before posting and don't take things in literal sense:giggle:

Mohammad Sami way faster than Shoaib Akhtar:giggle: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enBe2PuYxOk]Mohammed sami world fastest delivery ever.flv - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9C8WSGBy4]Muhammad Sami Bowling Fastest www.cricbaba.com - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utm9mTxBWLI]*THE FASTEST BALL IN CRICKET HISTORY* - CHECK THE SPEED! - 162.3 KPH BOWLED BY MOHAMMAD SAMI - YouTube[/ame] Ganguly just touched it and it raced away for 4. Bring on similar videos of Varun and Yadav, thanks :)

ok I do not know about the speed of fastest bowl recorded but my point was bowling one fastest bowl ever in history and others much slower than that does not mean he is the fastest in history. as far as (not tomorrow) you took it in literal sense. I know match is not tomorrow. By tomorrow I meant in near future. so at least read properly before posting and don't take things in literal sense:giggle:
Was only joking, knew you would point out that.:dance:
No ... Fastest is a quantitative term. It's measurable. The fastest bowler is the bowler who bowled the fastest. Unlike subjective terms like "best" and "most-talented", fastest is not something that can be debated. Shoaib Akthar is the fastest bowler in history. And to answer your question, it is not possible for a bowler who bowls 140km/h normally to suddenly bowl 162km/h and suddenly break the record. You can't just fluke a world record delivery. You need to warm into a spell. Fast bowling doesnt work that way.
No ... Fastest is a quantitative term. It's measurable. The fastest bowler is the bowler who bowled the fastest. Unlike subjective terms like "best" and "most-talented", fastest is not something that can be debated. Shoaib Akthar is the fastest bowler in history. And to answer your question, it is not possible for a bowler who bowls 140km/h normally to suddenly bowl 162km/h and suddenly break the record. You can't just fluke a world record delivery. You need to warm into a spell. Fast bowling doesnt work that way.
well the poster above has posted a video of sami with the fastest ball ever and sami's pace mostly was in 140's.
well the poster above has posted a video of sami with the fastest ball ever and sami's pace mostly was in 140's.
Wrong again, Sami's pace was mostly late 140s to mid 150s so the effort balls touched 160s. But it was his poor line and length which will be remembered most I am afraid. And of course the speed gun in the vidoes over can be wrong, but the ball bowled to Dravid was quick, really quick, you don't need speed gun to measure that because it really hurried Dravid.