Running between wickets -- Now is the time to think seriously

sandtest

I admit for the sake of caution -- At numerous occasions we can't run fast enough and hence give up even attempting a tight single. We run slowly and the second run thus becomes difficult. I believe that this is because either our players want to preserve their energy or simply being lazy (except for a few like Yuvraj, Dhoni or SRT-even at this age). Also, our running technique is flawed -- Both the batsmen want to see what is happening with the ball and therefore lose their speed turning their head and torso to look all over the place. There are also too many mix-ups, both batsmen running on the same side and running into each other etc. After taking a single, they don't recover fast enough for a possible overthrow. From their body language I am sure that thought doesn't even seem to cross their minds. These are basic things and it is surprising that our seasoned cricketers are repeating this in every second match. Now I am wondering, is Coach really can improve upon all above given the fact that most of the players have played enough to figure out these basic things?

^^^ That is hardly an excuse. If we have been bad at it since ancient times, then it should be a shame for us that we aren't doing anything to improve this important area. If we will not take concrete steps, this will cost us many more matches in future as One day game becomes more competitive with quick running and sharp fielding.:sad_smile: