Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

If an ICF debate were to be performed live with emotions used the way smileys were, it would be great fun to watch. X will make a point, and then Y will make a counterpoint and go :hysterical: :hysterical: and some more :hysterical: and then X will make a comeback with a :haha: and few more :hysterical: :hysterical:. Soon both would be on the ground (along with the others) and will make a point and again go :hysterical: What a great fun debate! :two_thumbs_up:

Yeah' date=' and so is a 9/83 and a back on the wall hundred at Brisbane. We are talking about rare events of leading from the front.[/quote'] And obviously an Indian wk taking 8 catches in an away win, Perth no less, or scoring a double ton in a win are run of the mill stuff in Indian history :hysterical:
Yeah strength of sides don't matter! Keep them coming. :hysterical:
Maybe you can throw more examples of Ganguly or any captain "leading from the front" multiple times. So far Ganguly's 143 is the only thing I've seen. I have already stated 4 performances by Dhoni - double ton, series against NZ, 8 dismissals at Perth and a WC win at home. So far only thing I have seen are "strength of sides" and "intellectual dishonesty" along with "WC win doesn't count as it was at home" :dontknow:
If an ICF debate were to be performed live with emotions used the way smileys were, it would be great fun to watch. X will make a point, and then Y will make a counterpoint and go :hysterical: :hysterical: and some more :hysterical: and then X will make a comeback with a :haha: and few more :hysterical: :hysterical:. Soon both would be on the ground (along with the others) and will make a point and again go :hysterical: What a great fun debate! :two_thumbs_up:
It wont go that way in real life. Watch the news hour with arnab goswami, I guess on Times Now to see how it will go.

Does this qualify? http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2010/engine/match/464527.html?innings=1;view=wickets 1st Innings 34.2 Ojha to Watson, OUT, Gloved! Or may be from the shoulder of the bat. Sharp catch from MSDhoni. It was a touch quicker, landed on a length around middle and off and turned. Watson leaned forward for the defensive poke but it bounced and turned to catch his gloves. Dhoni does well to adjust quickly and grabs it. Watson falls after giving a good start. 116.6 Ojha to Paine, OUT, Ojha has done him in flight and turn. Fine delivery this. It dipped on Paine who was stretching forward to defend. His back leg went sliding outside the crease as he groped forward to search for the flighted delivery. It gripped and turned and Dhoni removed the bails in a flash. Fine innings comes to an end. Paine has taken Australia to 400. Can Mitch and then the tailenders stay with North long enough? 140.6 Harbhajan Singh to George, OUT, Peter lunges out to push-drive but it goes past his bat and Dhoni removes the bails quickly. His back foot was on the line. Aus 2nd innings 17.1 Harbhajan Singh to Katich, OUT, Sharp catch from Dhoni. Harbhajan has removed Katich in both the innings. Just like how Ojha took out Watto twice. This one was from round the stumps and it drifted in a bit but was still well outside the off stump.. Katich however leaned across to defend and the ball spun away and took the edge of the defensive prod. Dhoni moved his hands quickly to the left to take that. 22.2 Ojha to Clarke, OUT, Stumped! Clarke doesn't even know he has been stumped. Amazing. He leaned forward to defend and ended up stretching his back leg to the line. And froze there. The ball had dipped and turned past the edge. Very fine delivery that. Clarke just held his position. He didn't realise his back leg was on the line. Dhoni did. Game over! Clarke was stunned to see the Indians celebrate, looks back in horror to see his back leg, then gets a confirmation from the square-leg umpire. 60.5 Sreesanth to Paine, OUT, Sreesanth roars. Harbhajan is out there so quickly to hug him! The ball was full and reversed away with the shiny side and Paine edges his drive. Dhoni lunged to his right to take 75.2 Khan to George, OUT, Done in by the bouncer. Peter G fends at it and the ball goes of the gloves to Dhoni who takes it lunging forward. That's Dhoni's 150th dismissal.

Does this qualify?
He had his moment of brilliance in that test, but no it does not qualify because the team he did it against was not a patch on the Ganguly and Kapil feats I am talking about. South Africa are the number 1 team right now, by a fair distance. Dhoni is expected to pull off a performance against them to qualify in the leading from the front category.
Maybe you can throw more examples of Ganguly or any captain "leading from the front" multiple times. So far Ganguly's 143 is the only thing I've seen.
The 144 is against arguably the greatest team of all time minus one player.
1. double ton,
Crap opposition.
2.series against NZ,
Crappier opposition.
3. 8 dismissals at Perth
Please point out the 4-5 superlative dismissals.
and a WC win at home.
Compare with Kapil Dev away in '83 please.
So far only thing I have seen are "strength of sides" and "intellectual dishonesty" along with "WC win doesn't count as it was at home" :dontknow:
All valid points which fanboyyyz are finding hard to run away from.
Yes the 144 was versus the legendary bowlers like Bracken' date=' Bichel, Macgill, Gillespie. Arguably the greatest bowling line up of the greatest team of all time.[/quote'] Gillespie and MacGill will wipe the floor with anything that the 200 was against without even taking into account the home/away scenario.
Yes the 144 was versus the legendary bowlers like Bracken' date=' Bichel, Macgill, Gillespie. Arguably the greatest bowling line up of the greatest team of all time.[/quote'] Gillespie ,Macgill were very good bowlers and bicheal was a decent bowler .
The 144 is against arguably the greatest team of all time minus one player. Crap opposition. Crappier opposition. Please point out the 4-5 superlative dismissals. Compare with Kapil Dev away in '83 please. All valid points which fanboyyyz are finding hard to run away from.
And you call yourself "intellectually honest" :giggle: I wonder if winning the WC at home so easy how come Dhoni is the only captain to do so :dontknow: I'm sure you will find a way to run down Dhoni's 76* at Lord's in 2007-08 in the 1st Test which India managed to save by a wkt thanks to Dhoni's knock which helped us to win the series 1-0 ain England after a gap of 22 years. Surely that should count, shouldn't it? I am alluding to the following Test... http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/258468.html
And you call yourself "intellectually honest" :giggle: I wonder if winning the WC at home so easy how come Dhoni is the only captain to do so :dontknow:
So you rank winning the WC against the likes of Sanga, Mahela, Malinga, Murali at home ahead of winning the WC away against Haynes, Greenidge, Richards, Lloyd, Gomes, Marshall, Roberts, Garner, Holding, Dujon?:hysterical:
So you rank winning the WC against the likes of Sanga' date=' Mahela, Malinga, Murali at home ahead of winning the WC away against Haynes, Greenidge, Richards, Lloyd, Gomes, Marshall, Roberts, Garner, Holding, Dujon?:hysterical:[/quote'] So winning a WC is as easy as you make it sound how come we don't have more :giggle: Yes, winning the WC chasing the highest ever total in the final and ending up MOM is a good enough achievement in my book but I am sure your yardsticks will be different :haha: Between how about this performance... would love to get your insight into this performance. I'm sure you will find a way to run down Dhoni's 76* at Lord's in 2007-08 in the 1st Test which India managed to save by a wkt thanks to Dhoni's knock which helped us to win the series 1-0 in England after a gap of 22 years. Surely that should count, shouldn't it? I am alluding to the following Test... http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/258468.html
So winning a WC is as easy as you make it sound how come we don't have more :giggle: Yes' date=' winning the WC chasing the highest ever total in the final and ending up MOM is a good enough achievement in my book but I am sure your yardsticks will be different :haha:[/quote'] I am sure Haynes, Greenidge, Richards, Lloyd, Gomes, Marshall, Roberts, Garner, Holding, Dujon is an inferior line up than Sanga, Mahela, Malinga, Murali as the top players. :laugh:
I am sure Haynes' date=' Greenidge, Richards, Lloyd, Gomes, Marshall, Roberts, Garner, Holding, Dujon is an inferior line up than Sanga, Mahela, Malinga, Murali as the top players. :laugh:[/quote'] Please enlighten me how come Dhoni's the only WC winning captain at home if it's so easy :dontknow: I mean even the Aussies didn't manage the feat. Plus would love to get your insight into this performance. I'm sure you will find a way to run down Dhoni's 76* at Lord's in 2007-08 in the 1st Test which India managed to save by a wkt thanks to Dhoni's knock which helped us to win the series 1-0 in England after a gap of 22 years. Surely that should count, shouldn't it? I am alluding to the following Test... http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/258468.html
Please enlighten me how come Dhoni's the only WC winning captain at home if it's so easy :dontknow: I mean even the Aussies didn't manage the feat.
I will. First answer the question that given a choice between facing the '83 line up of WI away from home and the '11 line up of SL at home, which would you prefer?