Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

err.. Sl won in Pakistan, not SL. Or do you want me to show that Dhoni has been the only captain to win at home? Or is it the same "Dhoni faced KP at Lord's fact" :giggle:
Question: Who hosted the '96 WC? Answer: It was co-hosted by India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Question: Who won the '96 WC? Answer: Sri Lanka.
After being called out, this is the best you could come up with :haha: I mean you asked me to come up with examples where Dhoni performed and I gave you 4-5 earlier in the thread which most people would agree are good enough. Now I come up with another and you claim Dhoni didn't do anything special as he only played KP and Panesar. When shown that KP didn't bowl and Dhoni actually faced 160 deliveries to save the match, most by pacers this is the response :haha:
The funny bit is that the innings you are so intent on glorifying was played when Dhoni was not even kaptaan which is what this thread is about.:hysterical:
Question: Who hosted the '96 WC? Answer: It was co-hosted by India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Question: Who won the '96 WC? Answer: Sri Lanka. The funny bit is that the innings you are so intent on glorifying was played when Dhoni was not even kaptaan which is what this thread is about.:hysterical:
Sri Lanka was co-host, and won the WC away from home at Lahore, Pakistan. So now you failed in your attempt to prove Dhoni's innings was not actually worthless, going the "innings as captain" route :giggle: So do you at least agree Dhoni did actually perform away from home coz earlier Dhoni had never performed away at all.
Sri Lanka was co-host, and won the WC away from home at Lahore, Pakistan. So now you failed in your attempt to prove Dhoni's innings was not actually worthless, going the "innings as captain" route :giggle: So do you at least agree Dhoni did actually perform away from home coz earlier Dhoni had never performed away at all.
Question: Who hosted the '96 WC? Answer: It was co-hosted by India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Question: Who won the '96 WC? Answer: Sri Lanka.
Here's straight from cricinfo...
2011 Twenty-eight years after they first won the World Cup, India became the second team not called Australia (West Indies is the other) to win a second title. Favourites going into the tournament, the tenth, they came up against Sri Lanka, playing their second World Cup final in a row, and broke a number of hoodoos in the Mumbai final: of home teams never having won the title, teams chasing having won only twice before, and century-makers in finals never having finished on the losing side.
Link... http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/149083.html What else? Already proved KP didn't bowl in that innings and that Dhoni played a match-saving knock away from home in difficult circumstances, have shown Dhoni has performed as captain given his double ton in the 1st ton against Aussies & 8 dismissals against Aussies at Perth, have now shown that Dhoni is the only captain to have won WC at home. What now? Let me ask you a question now since all your arguments have been shown up... do you think Dhoni's near 4000 test runs @ an average of 40 and 206 catches and 32 stumpings have ever helped India at all or Dhoni was all "stat padding" his entire career?
^ So you are going to accept anything from cricinfo as gospel? You know that Ian Chappell made the mirror comment on Tendulkar on cricinfo?
Are you saying India is not the 1st home team to win the WC? Do you want me to show other sources just like I did for KP not bowling in that innings? And if you could answer this question it would be most helpful... do you think Dhoni's near 4000 test runs @ an average of 40 and 206 catches and 32 stumpings have ever helped India at all or Dhoni was all "stat padding" his entire career? Again, what Chappell said was an opinion but the stat regarding India being the 1st team to win a WC at home is a fact. Two different things. I may not agree with an opinion but I can't argue with fact. Coz if your answer is Dhoni only padded his stats throughout there won't be a point to argue since we would be poles apart.
Are you saying India is not the 1st home team to win the WC? Do you want me to show other sources just like I did for KP not bowling in that innings? And if you could answer this question it would be most helpful... do you think Dhoni's near 4000 test runs @ an average of 40 and 206 catches and 32 stumpings have ever helped India at all or Dhoni was all "stat padding" his entire career? Coz if your answer is Dhoni only padded his stats throughout there won't be a point to argue since we would be poles apart.
Cut out the garbage - I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
Cut out the garbage - I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
Not really... my argument is that since Dhoni is the only captain to win a WC at home, that means he can't be the "worst captain" we ever had. If, as I have pointed out, this is indeed the case your question is moot since Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain India had". And what "garbage" are we talking about? The only garbage I have seen is the incorrect facts/stats you have come up with regarding KP bowling or Sl winning Wc at home :dontknow:
Not really... my argument is that since Dhoni is the only captain to win a WC at home' date=' that means he can't be the "worst captain" we ever had. If, as I have pointed out, this is indeed the case your question is moot since Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain India had".[/quote'] I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI, Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had".
As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI' date=' Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had".[/quote'] I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
I've answered your question unambiguously. Can you return the favor? Which was more challenging? Facing WI at Lords in '83 or facing SL at Bombay in '11?
But what exactly would be the point? It would almost be like playing a 5th set in tennis after a player has already won 3 sets... As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI, Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had". Are you still saying Dhoni is the worst captain we ever had?
But what exactly would be the point? It would almost be like playing a 5th set in tennis after a player has already won 3 sets... As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI, Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had". Are you still saying Dhoni is the worst captain we ever had?
I will have to repeat myself here coz no matter what the answer it would be a moot point as Dhoni would still come out ahead of the likes of Azhar thereby refuting your argument that Dhoni's the "worst captain we ever had"... But what exactly would be the point? It would almost be like playing a 5th set in tennis after a player has already won 3 sets... As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI, Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had". Are you still saying Dhoni is the worst captain we ever had?
He will not answer.He is too much a fanboy to do so.I have experienced the same thing many times.
I will have to repeat myself here coz no matter what the answer it would be a moot point as Dhoni would still come out ahead of the likes of Azhar thereby refuting your argument that Dhoni's the "worst captain we ever had"... But what exactly would be the point? It would almost be like playing a 5th set in tennis after a player has already won 3 sets... As I have mentioned the point we were arguing was whether "Dhoni is the worst captain india ever had". I am stating that being the only captain to win the WC at home and winning the WC by beating all the former champions on its way (WI, Aus, Pak and SL) Dhoni wouldn't be the "worst captain we ever had". Are you still saying Dhoni is the worst captain we ever had?
He will not answer.He is too much a fanboy to do so.I have experienced the same thing many times.
Me a "fanboy" and you are being level headed :giggle: Pls read the thread to see who is what. I am simply claiming Dhoni is not the worst captain we ever had whereas you guys, shall we say "haters", are claiming Dhoni's the worst. I have put forth my arguments and stats and am still awaiting anything which proves otherwise.
Just to please you here's my response regarding the 2 WC wins... Both the WC wins were tough and no tourney was a gimme. Kapil's devils managed to beat the WI for the 1st time ever to win the WC for the 1st time in our history. On the other we had Dhoni's team become the 1st home team to ever win a WC at home chasing the highest score in a final. Both were tough challenges and neither was "easy". In 83 we had to beat likes of Aus, Eng and WI to win the tourney and in 2011 we had to overcome all the past champions in WI, Aus, Pak and SL to come out victorious. Both tourneys were great achievements in my book and I simply can't rate one ahead of other - it's almost like choosing your favorite kid. Now feel free to interpret this any way you want. My point in this thread was that given the accomplishments we had under Dhoni.... winning T20 Cup, winning the WC at home, winning 22 Tests, reaching the pinnacle in Test cricket etc., Dhoni can't be the "worst captain we ever had". Dhoni may not be the best but certainly not the "worst" which is what your contention was.
I know he won't answer because he is stuck - if he says '83 was a bigger challenge he is bringing down Dhoni's importance at the WC. If he says '11 was a bigger challenge he'll come across as a laughing fool for ever. Actually the latter will happen regardless.
Me a "fanboy" and you are being level headed :giggle: Pls read the thread to see who is what. I am simply claiming Dhoni is not the worst captain we ever had whereas you guys, shall we say "haters", are claiming Dhoni's the worst. I have put forth my arguments and stats and am still awaiting anything which proves otherwise. Just to please you here's my response regarding the 2 WC wins... Both the WC wins were tough and no tourney was a gimme. Kapil's devils managed to beat the WI for the 1st time ever to win the WC for the 1st time in our history. On the other we had Dhoni's team become the 1st home team to ever win a WC at home chasing the highest score in a final. Both were tough challenges and neither was "easy". In 83 we had to beat likes of Aus, Eng and WI to win the tourney and in 2011 we had to overcome all the past champions in WI, Aus, Pak and SL to come out victorious. Both tourneys were great achievements in my book and I simply can't rate one ahead of other - it's almost like choosing one of your kids over another. Now feel free to interpret this any way you want. My point in this thread was that given the accomplishments we had under Dhoni.... winning T20 Cup, winning the WC at home, winning 22 Tests, reaching the pinnacle in Test cricket etc., Dhoni can't be the "worst captain we ever had". Dhoni may not be the best but certainly not the "worst" which is what your contention was.
I know he won't answer because he is stuck - if he says '83 was a bigger challenge he is bringing down Dhoni's importance at the WC. If he says '11 was a bigger challenge he'll come across as a laughing fool for ever. Actually the latter will happen regardless.
Already responded dude :giggle: I'm sure you definitely have been shown up as a fool for the stats & facts you have posted so far headed by KP bowling to Dhoni and India not the only nation to win the WC at home :haha: