few changes

kabira

we need to extend our batting line up upto 10... I would include Joginder Sharma in place of agarkar..he can't be worse. Then I would include Piyush Chawla in place of Karthik I dont know if Yusuf Pathan can hit the ball long way. If he can he can come in place of SS.
So how will that extend our batting line up upto 10? SS, Bhajji and RPS still cannot bat. And why would you not include Rohit Sharma in Karthik's place? The guy will bowl one-two overs of useful leg-spin too, thougfh I have my doubts if they'll be good enough at international level.

I am bit concerned about Piyush Chawala for some advocating his inclusion. In all fairness, Piyush is still yound and learning. He needs to be handled very carefully. He has that ability of taking wickets but we must not forget that he still gives a lot of runs and needs to gain more experience in ODIs to bowl economically. If we throw him in a high profile sudden death type matches of 20-20, it might hurt his career in near future if he concedes more runs in one or two games. IMO, taking wickets are not so important as compared to giving more runs since in 20-20 any batsman is expected to score some quick 30 something runs and thus goes for hitting with relatively carefree attitude towards loosing wicket.

I am bit concerned about Piyush Chawala for some advocating his inclusion. In all fairness, Piyush is still yound and learning. He needs to be handled very carefully. He has that ability of taking wickets but we must not forget that he still gives a lot of runs and needs to gain more experience in ODIs to bowl economically. If we throw him in a high profile sudden death type matches of 20-20, it might hurt his career in near future if he concedes more runs in one or two games. IMO, taking wickets are not so important as compared to giving more runs since in 20-20 any batsman is expected to score some quick 30 something runs and thus goes for hitting with relatively carefree attitude towards loosing wicket.
But if you take wickets regularly, the runs won't come that easily for the opposition. Didn't you see in yesterday's match, SA vs England? And this tournament isn't going to destroy anyone's career to be frank. Because everyone knows it is more or less a lottery.
But if you take wickets regularly' date=' the runs won't come that easily for the opposition. Didn't you see in yesterday's match, SA vs England?. [/quote'] Talking about Piyush only, I checked how regularly he took wickets compared to runs given during his past limited experience in ODIs -- which are much easier for a new bowler compared to sudden death type 20-20 matches. During England tour, he got total 6 wickets in 7 matches with Econ. of 5.23. good figure for a youngster, I must say, but not enough for very crucial 20-20 format at this moment, particularly when he will be expected to play the role of strike bowler in choking the run rate by taking wickets -- he might get hit a few Sixes and loose confidence.
And this tournament isn't going to destroy anyone's career to be frank. Because everyone knows it is more or less a lottery.
Everyone knows, but not BCCI babus...they need some excuse.....I want Piyush to be a horse of long race for India since after Kumble we have spotted a serious contender to replace him Sadly he doesnot have any influence in "regionalized" BCCI and have to survive through his performance alone.....next two matches will be very crucial and god forbid if we lost, team management will try to find some scapegoats and Piyush may become the easiest target if he fails to impress in one crucial match.

I don't know why you feel that every player becomes victim of this 'regionalisation monster'. Players who perform well can be secure. Why was Kumble never thrown out? because he performed. Why was Dravid not thrown out? Because he performed. Why was Jaffer thrown out? Because he didn't perform earlier as he is doing now. Why was Zaheer thrown out? Because his fitness and performance declined alarmingly. Which performing player has been thrown out, who you can say has been victim of 'regional politics' in board DESPITE his performance? Just name one player in recent times.