Thoughts on Twenty20

Zap_Brannigan

It just didn't feel like Cricket. Rewind a couple of years back, when India met pak for the 1st ODI game in Pak in more than a decade. That match was one of the finest ever played. It was a very high scoring game with India nearly making 350 and pak almost came close to the total ,losing the game only in the last over. Last weekend, we had another close encounter between these 2 sides(in a WC no less) resulting in a victory in the very last moment. Yet it just wasnt exiting. Had this result seen in a ODI or a test match, it would go down in the annals of cricket but in 20-20, it was all just a big meh. I showed very little emotion the entire game. Even when we lost against NZ, it didn't sting much. Considering that this game showed the peak of 20-20, i have to say that this format is just not for me. It maybe showcased 10% of what was required in a cricket game. I am sure that people who grew up watching tests, considered ODIs the same way when it began. But to me 20-20 is just not cricket.