Doping... revisited

THX_1138

Just thought that this might be worth a mention. to show that the world has not gome completely insane and infact the PCB is indeed covering over the mess created by their so called superstars: flyod landis of the united states who was charged with use of banned steroids (our good ole testosterone) after winning the 2006 Tour de France (thats a cycling race incase you were living under a rock), has been found guilty of drug abuse by a FEDERAL Court in the United states in the case USADA (united states anti doping agency) vs. Landis. he will be stripped of his title which will now be bestowed upon oscar pereiro of spain who had previously finished second. landis now faces sanctions and bans from cycling, though he does have the option to take the case before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Geneova, Switzerland (which dismissed the case against asif and akhtar as it said that it did not have jursidiction over the PCB). maybe someone should post this on PP where they still claim that they have every right to cover for their players since the rest of the world allegedly does so too.

i think the ICC reserves the right to conduct tests at any moment within a 24 hour notice. since there does not exist any means of masking the drugs in that short a time span, i doubt the nandro boys will be flirting with disaster. besides, 4 overs a match is hardly long enough to sustain an injury. hell i could bowl 4 overs a day for a month on a trot before even needing to scratch my nose.

Just thought that this might be worth a mention. to show that the world has not gome completely insane and infact the PCB is indeed covering over the mess created by their so called superstars:
Personally I think it is high time the Governments of the world made liberal steroid policy. Too often fans just hear steroid without even understanding what it is. In the example you mentioned, Landis being caught for Testosterone, it is prudent to realize that you can walk into a corner store and get Testosterone booster. And yes it is legal or else they wont be sold at your GNC. Now if you use this and get caught is it your fault?? I dont think so. Indeed in recent times there have been a bunch of cases where athletes have been caught for drugs and then sued their supplement companies for withholding information on their labels. As for Pakistan I have a feeling that their reputation precedes themselves. They have been caught up in so many bad situations that unfortunately the popular perception always holds them guilty before trial. xxx
Guest dada_rocks
Personally I think it is high time the Governments of the world made liberal steroid policy. Too often fans just hear steroid without even understanding what it is. In the example you mentioned, Landis being caught for Testosterone, it is prudent to realize that you can walk into a corner store and get Testosterone booster. And yes it is legal or else they wont be sold at your GNC. Now if you use this and get caught is it your fault?? I dont think so. Indeed in recent times there have been a bunch of cases where athletes have been caught for drugs and then sued their supplement companies for withholding information on their labels. As for Pakistan I have a feeling that their reputation precedes themselves. They have been caught up in so many bad situations that unfortunately the popular perception always holds them guilty before trial. xxx
each and every top athlete knows what he puts in mouth cud be potential performance enhacing drug and advice to that effect is readily availbale.. Hence there is no excuse apropos this. More often than not they are fund guilty even after trial so that popular perception does draw from sound precedence,,
each and every top athlete knows what he puts in mouth cud be potential performance enhacing drug and advice to that effect is readily availbale.. Hence there is no excuse apropos this.
You are plain assuming things here. Let me ask you, have you ever walked inside a Health store like GNC, Hi-Health, VitaminShoppe and bought stuff? If so then what supplements have you bought? If not then what is the reason for this strong beleif when you have never done this? It is becoming very common for athletes to be detected in Drugs abuse and they sueing a supplement manufacturer. While the up side of the legal sues is often that the Manufacturer pays them money, the downsight is that IOC still refuses to lift the bans in most cases. This is why we need better transparency where in cases a Manufacturer is at fault he should be penalised. I can give you a few examples in this regard but I will limit myself to Guillermo Coria for now. This young Argentine tennis player was found to have traces of steroid(Nandrolone, same stuff as what was found in Asif). So promptly he was banned. Coria fought legal cases(worth 10 million USD) saying the only thing he was taking was a multi-vitamin produced by a supplement company. The manufactuerer settled for an undisclosed amount and ATP reduced the tenure of penalty from 2 years down to 7 months. A multi-vitamin is the very last place you would expect steroids. There are atleast 40 companies making it and most of them, if not all, are widely available over the counter. xx
Guest dada_rocks
You are plain assuming things here. Let me ask you, have you ever walked inside a Health store like GNC, Hi-Health, VitaminShoppe and bought stuff? If so then what supplements have you bought? If not then what is the reason for this strong beleif when you have never done this? It is becoming very common for athletes to be detected in Drugs abuse and they sueing a supplement manufacturer. While the up side of the legal sues is often that the Manufacturer pays them money, the downsight is that IOC still refuses to lift the bans in most cases. This is why we need better transparency where in cases a Manufacturer is at fault he should be penalised. I can give you a few examples in this regard but I will limit myself to Guillermo Coria for now. This young Argentine tennis player was found to have traces of steroid(Nandrolone, same stuff as what was found in Asif). So promptly he was banned. Coria fought legal cases(worth 10 million USD) saying the only thing he was taking was a multi-vitamin produced by a supplement company. The manufactuerer settled for an undisclosed amount and ATP reduced the tenure of penalty from 2 years down to 7 months. A multi-vitamin is the very last place you would expect steroids. There are atleast 40 companies making it and most of them, if not all, are widely available over the counter. xx
Again in your desperation to defend parasites u forget I am not an athlete so what i do is immaterial, neither do I keepto keep track of pills which goes into my mouth. OTOH pro athlete pretty much know what they put in their mouth cud be potential pefromance enhanced and they have conusel to that effect available . There is no excuse whatsoever. And amoreover parosi were caught with nandrolene dose and if experts have to be believed they have to use syringes so inadveretent throwing of pill in mouth is at best a bogey here.