Shoaib Malik's narrow minded statement

King

Point accepted. But ' date=' the question still begs , Isn't it hypocritical for these NRI's with their pseudo jingoism to question the loyalty of Indian citizens (Muslims) towards their motherland ?[/quote'] You are doing the exact same thing that dsr is doing, engaging in random generalizations about NRIs. He is entitled to question the loyalty of muslims in India just like anyone else living in India. Of course, I don't agree that ALL muslims support Pakistan, but I am sure a good number of them do. But to say that because you are a NRI you can't question anything India, why the fack are all of us here even supporting something Indian?

Point accepted. But ' date=' the question still begs , Isn't it hypocritical for these NRI's with their pseudo jingoism to question the loyalty of Indian citizens (Muslims) towards their motherland ?[/quote'] I think it is hypocritical for any Indian whether NRI or not to questions the loyalty

You are doing the exact same thing that dsr is doing' date=' engaging in random generalizations about NRIs. He is entitled to question the loyalty of muslims in India just like anyone else living in India. Of course, I don't agree that ALL muslims support Pakistan, but I am sure a good number of them do. But to say that because you are a NRI you can't question anything India, why the fack are all of us here even supporting something Indian?[/quote'] Just for the record.I don't have any problem with NRI's supporting India and actually want them to support Indian cause. I have a huge problem with some NRI's like DSR questioning the loyalty of Indian Muslims when the fact of the matter is many of them are patriotic towards India. So who the fack gives the right to these NRI's to stereotype entire community. He has made comments like all Indian muslims are traitors before. I just gave an analogy about NRI's and obviously people became defensive. And just for the record , if I take US citizenship , my loyalties will be with USA first and then India.

Of course' date=' I don't agree that ALL muslims support Pakistan, but I am sure a good number of them do. [/quote'] Exactly. The number might have dwindled in recent years as India have started winning a lot more often, but back in the 90's, and especially during 1999 and 2000 (when Pakistan beat India ALL the time) you would always hear of Muslims celebrating p@ki victories, hoisting flags and what not. No surprises there - as the majority of muslims in India are dirt poor and have almost no education; they perceive everything on religious lines

* At my school in India LOT of Indian Muslim students supported Pakistan in cricket (+ Indian Muslim players only). They did not represent all Indian Muslims but the region was a mini India as families from all over India had settled there. I will say that being an Indian muslim can be a loose loose situation when it comes to these matters. * 1980s to 1990s period.

I think it is hypocritical for any Indian whether NRI or not to questions the loyalty
Apo , My posts are not meant for most NRI's which includes you , Yoda etc. It is meant for specific set of NRI's , a subset of which you can find in this message board , who pretend to wear their nationalism on their sleeve and start their hate mongering and stereotyping. I have had many a tiffs with them before and I found it very ironical that they question the loyalty of Indian citizens when the fact of the matter is most of these guys will give up their own Indian citizenship simply for better lifestyle. And trust the spin they give trying to justify their foreign nationalism.

What are we "supposed" to do then' date=' support the USA Cricket Team?? I was born here, brought up here but when it comes to cricket, it's all India. [b']Does that make me a traitor to my country?
No it does not. What would make you a traitor, and thats a harsh word by the way, would be if you oppose USA come what may. Is it uncommon for a Brit migrant to support any country that plays against England? How many times have we seen a first generation British migrant celebrating cos Aussies whooped England. That, in my book, is wrong. I can understand you supporting your roots but not opposing the very country that has practically given you everything. xxx

Just for the record.I don't have any problem with NRI's supporting India and actually want them to support Indian cause. I have a huge problem with some NRI's like DSR questioning the loyalty of Indian Muslims when the fact of the matter is many of them are patriotic towards India. So who the fack gives the right to these NRI's to stereotype entire community. He has made comments like all Indian muslims are traitors before. I just gave an analogy about NRI's and obviously people became defensive. And just for the record ' date= if I take US citizenship , my loyalties will be with USA first and then India.
Amen to that. That is how it should be, no ifs and buts about it. Period. xxx

Apo ' date=' My posts are not meant for most NRI's which includes you , Yoda etc. It is meant for specific set of NRI's , a subset of which you can find in this message board , who pretend to wear their nationalism on their sleeve and start their hate mongering and stereotyping. I have had many a tiffs with them before and I found it very ironical that they question the loyalty of Indian citizens when the fact of the matter is most of these guys will give up their own Indian citizenship simply better lifestyle.[/quote'] The mindset of people is different and most of the time it does not reflect their real life. I know sometimes some threads tend to hit the nerve on the wrong side and it results in a large explosion like this. I agree with you that there are some people here who try to be very loyalist and then are swept away sometimes creating unnecessary threads. Relax.. dont worry I am not bothered

Amen to that. That is how it should be, no ifs and buts about it. Period. xxx
Many people take citizenship for the sake of convenience, not to create new loyalties, which can't be gained just by sending in some app forms, waiting for a few years and then taking the magical oath.

Many people take citizenship for the sake of convenience, not to create new loyalties, which can't be gained just by sending in some app forms, waiting for a few years and then taking the magical oath.
What you are saying is what most Indian middle class is standing outside USA counsellate expecting to happen. The number of GC applicant in USA is maximum from India, has been for years. Coincidence? Wake up and smell the roses, it IS about chugging your loyalty(read Indian culture and Indian land) and move away to greener pasture, whats even to argue here? xxx

What you are saying is what most Indian middle class is standing outside USA counsellate waiting for to happen. Wake up and smell the roses, it IS about chugging your loyalty(read Indian culture and Indian land) and move away to greener pasture, whats even to argue here? xxx
Nothing to argue. We are on different wavelengths on this topic.

Many people take citizenship for the sake of convenience' date=' not to create new loyalties, which can't be gained just by sending in some app forms, waiting for a few years and then taking the magical oath.[/quote'] Your attitude of citizenship of convenience is an insult to people like you who hold another country's citizenship. Your views frighten me for the future of a country like US/UK/Canada, what a small vision of what it means to be a US/UK/Canada Citizen you are conveying. Citizenship is not of convenience it is of Ideals! It is a shame that these kind of individuals posses a threat to the security of a country.

Your attitude of citizenship of convenience is an insult to people like you who hold another country's citizenship. Your views frighten me for the future of a country like US/UK/Canada, what a small vision of what it means to be a US/UK/Canada Citizen you are conveying. Citizenship is not of convenience it is of Ideals! It is a shame that these kind of individuals posses a threat to the security of a country.
You know what Yoda, HC has a great point here. And I do apologise if I come across as taking a cheap shot. As an Indian I can attest that I would be greatly offended if a non-Indian(example a Bangladeshi)took Indian citizenship because of convinience and not because they actually like what India stands for. xxx

Your attitude of citizenship of convenience is an insult to people like you who hold another country's citizenship. Your views frighten me for the future of a country like US/UK/Canada, what a small vision of what it means to be a US/UK/Canada Citizen you are conveying. Citizenship is not of convenience it is of Ideals! It is a shame that these kind of individuals posses a threat to the security of a country.
Don't get your pants all wet. I am talking based on my own experience, having lived outside India for a while and still having stayed an Indian citizen for the same reasons I have cited. I do not want to become a citizen of convinence, get it? I doubt it cause you normally speak out of your a$$.

You know what Yoda, HC has a great point here. And I do apologise if I come across as taking a cheap shot. As an Indian I can attest that I would be greatly offended if a non-Indian(example a Bangladeshi)took Indian citizenship because of convinience and not because they actually like what India stands for. xxx
I would be offended too. But we can't change reality, can we, unless you are naive enough to believe that everyone who takes another country's citizenship is doing it strictly because they have suddenly become loyal to a new country and the new country alone. I have a chinese colleageue who has applied for US citizenship. The guy is about as chinese as one can get and could give a rat's a$$ about the US. He is doing it strictly for convenience.

I would be offended too. But we can't change reality' date=' can we, unless you are naive enough to believe that everyone who takes another country's citizenship is doing it strictly because they have suddenly become loyal to a new country and the new country alone. I have a chinese colleageue who has applied for US citizenship. The guy is about as chinese as one can get and could give a rat's a$$ about the US. He is doing it strictly for convenience.[/quote'] The question I suppose then becomes - If it is fair for you to be offended if a non-Indian uses that line of thought, is it also fair for an American say to look at an Indian-migrant-turn-American-citizen in that light?