Players pushed to background in their own victory celebration

DesiChap

Guest dada_rocks
Oh come on now. He was only being correct. Can you imagine which Indian cricket player would want to lose and come home to a face like this.. 02sharad1.jpg
U ot a point.. once again a curisosity has VAjpayeeji and Advaniji ever stopped this low u know pasting their picture everywhere with cricketers . After all they did have opportunity after India thrashed pakistan in pakistan.. Wud love to know if I missed similar spectacle from those folks..:haha:

Choke de, NCP0.gif! A_1.jpgHere’s one more example of how our netas will parasite on just about any success of the nation, even when it’s achieved not because of them, but inspite of them. And TIMES NOW was the first channel to raise the pertinent question: what the hell were the netas, who have never held a bat in their lives, not even (mis)fielded a bowl, are doing in the front row of the ceremony held to felicitate our young boys? Between the large frames of heavyweights like Pawar, RR Patil, and politicians whose names I haven’t even heard of, we struggled to spot the faces of winners like Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan and others. And because Pawar is an NCP leader, the whole nautanki of carting the players all the way from the airport to Churchgate turned the event into a maha-chaotic NCP rally. Hoardings even named people like Pankaj Bhujbal (he’s the great Chhagan Bhujbal’s son, in case you didn’t know, and I don’t blame you if you didn’t). Also, I hereby curse Sharad Pawar that he gets stuck in a bad traffic jam one day, when he needs to get from Point A to Point B the most, just as the whole lot of us suffered on the road yesterday. Then he’ll understand the need for planned nautankis. I know this is the wrong time to be cribbing about traffic snarls, and it’s the moment to give up our own convenience for the sake of the team, but all that was needed was some planning so that the common man did not suffer. For example, could not the open top yatra have been restricted to some low-traffic areas, was it required to move along the arterial roads all the way to town? Why weren’t service roads like the Tulsi Pipe Road used? Why didn’t the players check into the Leela to freshen up, and moved their caravan at 2 pm, after the rush hour? Sitting on the road yesterday for hours, all my joy of winning got blown by the cacophony of frustrated honks. A friend could not reach the hospital for surgery. Sorry, but this ain’t my idea of a celebration. http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?Page=article&sectid=53&contentid=20070927200709270232548904ad2be74#