Ponting takes swipe @ Indian legends!

Prudent

Thats not saying much! :D
No ... of course not! :hysterical: Between them there have been nearly 1900 runs this year in ODIs alone. Every match we won in the England series was on the back of a good start from those 2. Tendulkar's strike rate is just under 90 this year so the argument that he is batting slowly is ridiculous. If you have actually watched Ganguly's fielding this year you will see that he has been quite good in the field. People get very carried away with T20. T20 is a game where everything is played at 100 miles an hour. ODIs require more patience and experience will only add to India's chances.

SG have always problem with his running right from his first series ib Australia.That time he was playing with Sachin in the middle order and was having horrible time.Gavaskar was commenting he should improve his fielding and running batween the wickets if he intend serve the country for a long time.But destiny is such he is regarded as one of the best captain India has produced.It is the right time for him to have a farewell and allow the youngsters to take over.

I've seen pretty much ALL the odi's this year. SG has been PATHETIC in the field.
I agree, SG is not a gr8 fielder, but he has been doing a decent job with the ball. I just hope someone gets a batting coach and teaches him to play the pull/hook shot with vigor. How can a top notch international player score over 10,000 runs and yet struggle with the short pitched ball. I am still pretty amazed at this...
I agree' date=' SG is not a gr8 fielder, but he has been doing a decent job with the ball. I just hope someone gets a batting coach and teaches him to play the pull/hook shot with vigor. How can a top notch international player score over 10,000 runs and yet struggle with the short pitched ball. I am still pretty amazed at this...[/quote'] learning how to pull at age 35? with such bad athleticism? I dont think so.