Tendulkar's Losing 100's

living

thanks dude, i have a request would it be possible to get sachin statistics while we were chasing more than 250 from these 142 matches i have a bet with my frnd, hope i win. tia,
Tendulkar when facing a target of over 5 runs an over, 95% of these stats are chasing 250 Average - 41.28 S/R - 94.62 100s - 5 50s - 23 Innings - 89 Not Outs - 3
the true mark of a great player in a team game would be how he fares when others are losing their ground beneath them. And on that count he has always failed . And how many battles has he won with the best bowlers in ODI'S , SAY SOMEONE LIKE MCGRATH, Donald, waquar, Akram , he may have had a few success here and there ,and those few have come in pitches of subcontinental type, but on most occasions it has been bowlers like Mcgrath who have won. Can you compare this aspect with someone like Gilchrist who has been able to even tame bowlers like Akram , waquar, any one you name it, has he been able to tame bowlers, knock them out. Rarely. Don't talk statistics when you want to talk about greatness. if you want to talk about good players you could give all the statistics. Tendulkar's Hundreds don't give any indication of greatness. He surely is one of the best though.
Well, contrary to your views, Tendulkar has hammered those bowlers. Furthermore, unlike Gilchrist, Tendulkar hammered most of those guys around in the prime of their careers, not towards the last 2 or 3 years of their careers. Waqar had reasonable success against Sachin but both he and Wasim Akram did get hammered. Tendulkar also had fair success against the Windies bowlers of the early 90s (containing names like Ambrose, Walsh, Benjamin, Bishop, etc). Allan Donald recently said that Tendulkar is the greatest player he ever played against, and McGrath named him as the 2nd best player he ever played against, even though McGrath got tendulkar out 13 times (7 in tests, 6 in ODIs) in nearly 40 or 50 encounters. By the way, McGrath did get Lara out 15 times in tests alone. He also hammered around the 2 best spinners of all time in Warne , and Muralitharan, with Shane Warne rating him the greatest player of all time by a long margin, and Murali rating him the 2nd best. And just some more statistics, here are some comparative stats between Gilchrist and Tendulkar with the criteria being "matches won batting 2nd": Tendulkar: * 196 matches * 4632 runs @ 57.18 * 13 centuries, 25 fifties * HS: 134 Gilchrist: * 192 matches * 3620 runs @ 45.82 * 8 centuries, 23 fifties * HS: 131 Given that they are both openers and batting second for Australia usually means chasing smaller targets than you would when batting second for India, due to the quality of their bowling, this is a huge difference.

tendulkar is statistician's delight, every body picking up the details in my answers and quoting me, thinking they've bashed up another person who spoke against the Great sachin ramesh tendulkar. My overall point will always remain the same, when it really matters, he fails. he has never won us the really crunch games, which so many other batsmen have done and are not getting even half the adulation they deserve that this bloke's getting here in India. am not even going to talk about his failures in Australian pitches. Again dont give me stats. he's failed when we needed it from him. Sachin doesn't qualify for greatness, he is one of the best. AND OFCOURSE am talking about ODI'S, i thought this thread was about his great ODI PERFORMANCES and regarding the people who question that record.

tendulkar is statistician's delight, every body picking up the details in my answers and quoting me, thinking they've bashed up another person who spoke against the Great sachin ramesh tendulkar. My overall point will always remain the same, when it really matters, he fails. he has never won us the really crunch games, which so many other batsmen have done and are not getting even half the adulation they deserve that this bloke's getting here in India. am not even going to talk about his failures in Australian pitches. Again dont give me stats. he's failed when we needed it from him. Sachin doesn't qualify for greatness, he is one of the best. AND OFCOURSE am talking about ODI'S, i thought this thread was about his great ODI PERFORMANCES and regarding the people who question that record.
Ok forget stats ... but besides Australians has ANYONE performed in the crunch games in the last 15 years ... I mean if Lara could consistently perform in the cruch games West Indies would have won major tournaments, same with Kallis and SAF, same with Jayasuria and SRL, Inzamam and PAK. When it comes to performing under pressure people always talk about Australians ... who are the world champions and have a strong team all round, and dont rely on a single player to consistently perform under pressure and win the game single-handedly Australia have won nearly every major tournament for the past 15 years ... doesnt that mean every great player from the opposition couldnt perform under pressure? Does that mean Lara was not a match-winner. His 277, 375 and 400 all lead to draws not wins. If anyone else from the opposition could consisitently perform in the big matches, then their team would be consistently winning the big matches and not Australia, wouldnt they. People would love to blame Sachin for the world cup 03 final loss, forgetting that it was our bowlers that conceded 359. So i guess De Silva was the greatest ODI batsman by your view as he was the only one who could perform in the world cup final. I suppose De Silva goes ahead of Sachin, Lara, Ganguly, Inzamam, Jayasuria. Oh and by the way ... you're way wrong about his so called failures in Australia ... remember his first series in Australia in 1992/93 (if you were born then) ... he was the player of the series in 1999/00 despite India losing 3-0 ... and his M.O.M 241n.o. and 60n.o. in Syndey in 2003/04 helped India retain the series in the deciding test. Did we not need it from Sachin in 1998 in Sharjah vs Australia? in 2001 in Chennai vs Australia? in 2003 in SAF vs Pakistan? in 2004 in Sydney vs Australia? recently in the ODI series in England? and many more times that I do not have time to list. All these times were either deciding matches or major tournaments and all times he delivered. He cant be expected to do so every single time, and with the emergence of players like Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Laxman in the past 7-8 years he doesnt need to. You find me one player in the last 15 years (other than an Australian) that has done well in every single pressure game People say Sachin only plays for stats when they realise that every point they make against him is proved wrong by the stats, so when they realise they are wrong they say ... "oh yes, he must be playing for stats".
:D
Isnt that the truth? An ordinary mortal is 'known' for his successes, for they are far and inbetween OTOH, you get so used to the successes of the truly great, that it is their failures that linger in the memory - more than Tendulkar's 241 in Syndey will his innings at Chennai be remembered....