Kumble, the best man to lead Test side - Peter Roebuck

Feed

Joke of the year!!!
U probably cant see beyond 1 inch. Its a joke to you but some teams care more about developing a platform for next 3-5 years than the very next match or series. See Graeme Smith's quote on dropping Pollock: "He certainly isn't being rested. It is a tactical decision that we have taken and Shaun has been incredibly mature in responding to what we have asked him to do," Smith said on the eve of the first Test. "It is vital that we find time to blood one or two youngsters. We really don't want to find ourselves reaching the point where Shaun retires and we haven't given a couple of people the chance to play international cricket." But I dont expect hero worshippers like you to understand.

Are you serious? What did he do wrong in England in the test series? He played important innings in every match, and was ROBBED by some terrible, terrible decisions. Despite that he still ended up as the India's 2nd highest run-scorer behind Karthik (by 14 runs). He ABSOLUTELY saved our skins on Day 4 of the 3rd Test ensuring that we would win the series, and his partnership with Sachin in the 2nd test took the game away from England and put us in a match-winning situation. He was also India's highest run scorer in SAF last year. I understand you are a Yuvraj fan but Ganguly, Tendulkar and Laxman all had good series' in England and we won the Test series. It would be silly to change a winning team now. If they have poor performances in Pakistan, AND yuvraj performs well against Australia, then the door will open for Yuvraj. Ganguly is a natural fighter who does not take any crap from anyone, least of all Australia. We most definitely need Ganguly in the test team. Yes he is not the "model" cricketer, but what he lacks in technique, he makes up for in guts and determination.

I agree with those who say that giving captaincy to Kumble is way too risky. I don't care what our Sachin-worshippers or Dravid-lovers say, fact is, for more than 15 years, India test team's MVP has been Kumble. Fact also is, unlike our batting, which has two greats to rely on, along with two very decent batsmen ( Ganguly & Laxman) along with several talented batsmen, Indian bowling revolves around Kumble. He is the only great in the bowling department we have and rest are all dime-a-dozen-one-season-wonders. If Tendy/Dravid etc. choke on captaincy, it will hurt India but it is not a total disaster for India. But if Kumble feels the heat and starts choking under captaincy, India can forget about winning tests against bangladesh in India, let alone any overseas conquest.