Sreesanth needs to stop talking and get his act together!!

With all due respect ' date=' then how do you explain his benign behavior during the Twenty20 finals. Does he have the effrontery to sledge the likes of YK , Afridi etc . [b']I think not. I still remember him meekly walking back to his crease when big Inzi charged at him after an apparent sledge during Ind-Pak ODI . How do you explain this behavior. And I don't think Aussies respect him. Haddin indirectly called him a nut job and rightly so. Personally , I don't think it's good idea to encourage boorish on-your-face behavior which is abreast with Gentlemen 's way of playing the game.
It is essentially happening because Sreesanth has been given a free reign. It did not happen in the mentioned incidence because of all the "Jeet lo dil" cr@p. Plus of course with the team composition overloaded with aging peeps there would be little "aggression" as it is in the dressing room. This is one of the reason why India did good in 20/20. Here, this is what Dhoni said to the boys.. A team source said that he told the team, "Koi gaali de to ulta jawab dena; jeeten ya haren, kisi ki parvah nahin karna! (If someone abuses you, give it back to them; win or lose, don't bother about anyone)." http://week.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/theWeekContent.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&sectionName=COVER%20STORY&programId=1073755753&BV_ID=@@@&contentId=2987374 So Sree is giving back to the very people who are dissing it out. Hayden is the one who has raised questions about Indian batsmen in the past(remember the selfish comment?). Symonds is the man who had the galls to question how India should celebrate its 20/20 success. Atleast Sree is giving it back to them, on the other hand our old buddha brigade has ensured they prove Ponting right with a "We know how Sachin plays".. I would much rather have a Sree than a Sachin in my team today. Period. xxx
KR, you have repeated this same thing about Inzy over and over again. Why should he be scared about Paks when he has the guts to go at a mad man like Nel? Yes, he does go OTT and he needs to cool it down a bit. No need to act like a Jerk.
I think he knows Pakistani players like YK , Afridi , Inzi etc are short fuses capable of street brawls. That's why he does not go after them. Heck , did you see him sledge them(minus Inzi) during both the matches in Twenty20 ? Please answer .
I think he knows Pakistani players like YK ' date=' Afridi , Inzi etc are short fuses capable of street brawls. That's why he does not go after them. Heck , did you see him sledge them(minus Inzi) during both the matches in Twenty20 ? Please answer .[/quote'] Is there a guy with a shorter fuse than Nel? IIRC he was fined in an earlier match (against SAF or AUS) and warned by the match referee. May be he doesn't sledge Afridi cause the guy has terrorist connections and could go after his family.
It is essentially happening because Sreesanth has been given a free reign. It did not happen in the mentioned incidence because of all the "Jeet lo dil" cr@p. Plus of course with the team composition overloaded with aging peeps there would be little "aggression" as it is in the dressing room. This is one of the reason why India did good in 20/20. Here, this is what Dhoni said to the boys.. A team source said that he told the team, "Koi gaali de to ulta jawab dena; jeeten ya haren, kisi ki parvah nahin karna! (If someone abuses you, give it back to them; win or lose, don't bother about anyone)." http://week.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bin/MMOnline.dll/portal/ep/theWeekContent.do?contentType=EDITORIAL&sectionName=COVER%20STORY&programId=1073755753&BV_ID=@@@&contentId=2987374 So Sree is giving back to the very people who are dissing it out. Hayden is the one who has raised questions about Indian batsmen in the past(remember the selfish comment?). Symonds is the man who had the galls to question how India should celebrate its 20/20 success. Atleast Sree is giving it back to them, on the other hand our old buddha brigade has ensured they prove Ponting right with a "We know how Sachin plays".. I would much rather have a Sree than a Sachin in my team today. Period. xxx
With all due respect , I can still accept your point about dissing back to players who indulge in this sort of behavior. But , for crying out loud, this guy goes after players like Gilchrist , Ashwell Prince etc who do not have a pedigree to sledge. Why condone such behavior just because he is our country man ? I have gone on record and slammed the likes of Afridi and Akhtar when they have sledged our players in the past. Like they say , the proof of the pudding is in the eating , let's see what our man does during the Pakistan series. The question still begs till then , does he have the intestinal fortitude to sledge certain Pakistani players .
Is there a guy with a shorter fuse than Nel? IIRC he was fined in an earlier match (against SAF or AUS) and warned by the match referee. May be he doesn't sledge Afridi cause the guy has terrorist connections and could go after his family.
How do you explain the Inzi incident then ? Pardon me, if I missed out your earlier answer. And it was not the Jeet lo dil series of 2004. And what about the first game of Twenty20. he didn't sledge then and their was no fine excuse.
With all due respect ' date=' I can still accept your point about dissing back to players who indulge in this sort of behavior. [b']But , for crying out loud, this guy goes after players like Gilchrist , Ashwell Prince etc who do not have a pedigree to sledge. Why condone such behavior just because he is our country man ? I have gone on record and slammed the likes of Afridi and Akhtar when they have sledged our players in the past. Like they say , the proof of the pudding is in the eating , let's see what our man does during the Pakistan series. The question still begs till then , does he have the intestinal fortitude to sledge certain Pakistani players .
For one I am not supporting Sree because he is playing for India. I am supporting him because I like the aggression and giving two hoots to the authority. In a sense I like the rebel in him. Heck I was perhaps one of the rarest of peeps that supported him after he dismissed Sachin and went after him in one of the domestic games. As for Gilchrist and Prince it becomes a dicey game when you start picking opponents. Lets turn this around on Aussies, Saffers(two team who sledge most). Do you think they sledge only those who are harda$$? Heck Indians, atleast circa 1990 when we have watched the game, have always been at the receiving end right from Sachin to Dravid to Azhar to everyone else. So do bear with me if I say Go Sree go!! xxx
For one I am not supporting Sree because he is playing for India. I am supporting him because I like the aggression and giving two hoots to the authority. In a sense I like the rebel in him. Heck I was perhaps one of the rarest of peeps that supported him after he dismissed Sachin and went after him in one of the domestic games. As for Gilchrist and Prince it becomes a dicey game when you start picking opponents. Lets turn this around on Aussies, Saffers(two team who sledge most). Do you think they sledge only those who are harda$$? Heck Indians, atleast circa 1990 when we have watched the game, have always been at the receiving end right from Sachin to Dravid to Azhar to everyone else. So do bear with me if I say Go Sree go!! xxx
Rebel without a cause is our man !:D But , I think I have already agreed with you before about the fact that reciprocative aggression displayed by Indians is good for the game.:two_thumbs_up:
yes he was over reacting 2day as always......& i don't even understand y in every match he keeps doing things like that......he should have to control his emotions.....don't wanna see a good bowler like him banned for some stupid mistakes
he is into this from day1 of his career...say what!
With all due respect ' date=' then how do you explain his benign behavior during the Twenty20 finals. Does he have the effrontery to sledge the likes of YK , Afridi etc . I think not. I still remember him meekly walking back to his crease when big Inzi charged at him after an apparent sledge during Ind-Pak ODI . How do you explain this behavior. And I don't think Aussies respect him. Haddin indirectly called him a nut job and rightly so. Personally , I don't think it's good idea to encourage boorish on-your-face behavior which is abreast with Gentlemen 's way of playing the game.[/quote'] You need to change your perspective, KR. There's nothing meek about Sreesanth. He can flatten Afridi or YK easily (he is all muscle and sinew), but probably sees them as fellow Desis. As pointed out before, not all Indians feel the same way about Pakistanis- many despise the Aussies instead. I'll bet he'll be relatively gentle towards the Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis as well. If, on the other hand, the Pakistanis make the mistake of sledging him, you'll see his response.

Sreesanth does what he does, not because he needs anyone's attention. But because thats what keeps him going. Look at his mannerisms (pumping & firing himself up), when he walks back to his run up. Its part of his personality. Emotions are a big part of Sreesanth as a bowler. It adds to his rhythm.

The Indian on-field performance getting mention in Aussie press. Sree whiz: India fire up, Gilly fires back, Australia win battle singh_narrowweb__300x353,2.jpg SHANTHA Sreesanth completed a journey from nuisance to Australian cricket's "most wanted" on Tuesday, engaging in a heated duel with Andrew Symonds and Brad Haddin in an ill-tempered one-day international. And Harbhajan Singh, a more seasoned antagonist in matches against Australia, stoked the inferno when, with the tourists closing in on an eventual 84-run victory, he stood mid-pitch after his dismissal by Michael Clarke, arguing with Australia's players and pointing his bat before being physically repelled by umpire Steve Bucknor. http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/sree-whiz-india-fire-up-gilly-fires-back-australia-win-battle/2007/10/02/1191091114938.html

And you seem to have some kind of sneaking admiration for Pakistani players' date= KR. I suggest you get a de-tox.
Not really ! I have unequivocally condemned boorish behavior by the likes of Akhtar , Afridi , Gul etc in the past directed against Indians as did many posters here. I find it very strange that these posters who had beef with Afridi and co because of their sledging are surprisingly condoning the very same act by an Indian. And note that it is not always reciprocative aggression , case in point Sree sledging Gilchrist or Prince.

you wouldnt happen to be an aussie, kumble_rocks? it seems that you always come out to defend them for anything. hell i remember you made a big stink about simon taufel's "excellent" umpiring decisions during the england test series... and i also dont think he'll go at the pakistani players aggressively considering the whole peace process with our country and theirs. imagine if there was an incident ala sachin being run out at eden gardens when akhtar deliberately blocked him from crossing the crease. although i have seen sree go after the pakistanis before (threw the ball back at shoaib malik's stump, the inzi incident, saying F U to sohail tanvir, etc).

you wouldnt happen to be an aussie' date= kumble_rocks? it seems that you always come out to defend them for anything. hell i remember you made a big stink about simon taufel's "excellent" umpiring decisions during the england test series... and i also dont think he'll go at the pakistani players aggressively considering the whole peace process with our country and theirs. although seen him go after the pakistanis before (threw the ball back at shoaib malik's stump, the inzi incident, saying F U to sohail tanvir, etc).
I am from Bangalore and I support team India first and foremost !
Hey easy there BigDhoni. KR is one of the most respected posters here. So he has difference of opinion' date=' how does that qualify him for being tagged an Aussie??[/quote'] well i dont know him personally but he's always defending them no matter what.
I am from Bangalore and I support team India first and foremost !
were you that guy in kochi on top of the stadium holding the australia flag the entire match? :laugh: